Building the trenches with some nasty!

SBWinner

Reaction score
How much better could the O-Line possible get?

Going from a B+ O-line to an A- (If that even happens) is not enough of a difference to justify putting so much stock into it.

Now if we were going from a D to a A then okay, but we always have a top of the league O-line. So that's not the case.

Are we banking on them making such huge holes that even beyond washed Zeke will run through like prime Emmitt?

Are we banking on them giving Dak an extra 10th of a second to miss CeeDee running wide open down field because he locked onto Ferguson as soon as the ball was snapped?

This is just an unserious franchise. This is another unserious draft that, even if every pick is productive, will amount to nothing in terms of team success because the most important spots are still weak.
You do the most whining I have ever seen on a message board in 25 years. Had to put you on ignore.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Mazi's book is not written yet. He did some really good things last year. More productive than Jordan Davis was (that you and the other haters CROWED about when Philly took him) was in his rookie year.

I was never all in on Taco....i just said I understood what they saw in him...
You do realize that you're arguing with someone from West Virginia, don't you? :laugh:

Reactions: Ken

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Couldn’t be more happier on the type of players and at the positions the Cowboys drafted. The biggest weakness last year was the inability to run the ball, and not able to stop the run. They’ve got some work to do on defense, but they began to address that with Kneeland and Liufau. Build the trenches with some nasty. And on the offensive side picking Guyton and Beebe both being big nasty guys that will solidify the left side of the OL for years to come along with Smith. All guys have a nasty side something the Cowboys have been sorely lacking. Great first two days of the draft.
Just wish they had found one more DT but mostly agree with you. Like all the linemen or front seven. Still need a RB too.

Not surprised they traded down. They needed even more picks. Draft is everything this year with zero movement in free agency.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
DT and RB needed to be addressed. If Mazi isn’t an answer this interior DL is going to be a big problem.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Didn't people say this about last years draft? And then they came out and produced nothing
both Bass and Hoffman looked good and got good praises after the season. I'm a little bummed that Bass looks like he is relegated to a backup. I thought he played really well and tough as nails.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
How much better could the O-Line possible get?

Going from a B+ O-line to an A- (If that even happens) is not enough of a difference to justify putting so much stock into it.

Now if we were going from a D to a A then okay, but we always have a top of the league O-line. So that's not the case.

Are we banking on them making such huge holes that even beyond washed Zeke will run through like prime Emmitt?

Are we banking on them giving Dak an extra 10th of a second to miss CeeDee running wide open down field because he locked onto Ferguson as soon as the ball was snapped?

This is just an unserious franchise. This is another unserious draft that, even if every pick is productive, will amount to nothing in terms of team success because the most important spots are still weak.
At the end of the day you still need playmakers to complement our supposedly tougher upgrades on the OL and DL. So what we do? We pass on Marshawn Lloyd for a LB that will likely play mostly on special teams this year.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the issue is with the Miami DT Leonard Taylor? I don't think he got drafted.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I love the Cowboys attitude. They saw us getting pushed around and brought in some physical players with a nasty attitude. Yes it has been sorely lacking but these guys will punch you in the mouth all game.
Yup, at least we are trying to get more physical. That's key

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Couldn’t be more happier on the type of players and at the positions the Cowboys drafted. The biggest weakness last year was the inability to run the ball, and not able to stop the run. They’ve got some work to do on defense, but they began to address that with Kneeland and Liufau. Build the trenches with some nasty. And on the offensive side picking Guyton and Beebe both being big nasty guys that will solidify the left side of the OL for years to come along with Smith. All guys have a nasty side something the Cowboys have been sorely lacking. Great first two days of the draft.
Agreed.

People wanted a RB. Our front office realizes that we're not a running back away from being a serious contender. We are "who we are" with Dak at our QB -- 2022-23 was our ceiling.

So now it's let Dak play out his contract, let the young lineman grow, figure out who else we want to keep or not keep, then (probably) be in a better draft position next year for a RB, in a better RB class by the way, and who knows maybe even a QB.

Yeah there are still needs... With the biggest need perhaps a championship quarterback. But none of this was going to be settled with just one offseason, with just one draft. This is a multi-year rebuilding process folks, like it or not. Again, they've peaked with Dak, and are looking at moving on without quite yet totally moving on from Dak.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I mean it’s quarterback….there’s how many good ones? 10? Hard to be sold on any rookie
I do understand your point but the QB we have now is not good enough when its count. The guy has a big none fixable confidence issue under pressure.
so why pay so much for a lousy bus driver?
Lance sent by Frisco for a reason ( he is not that good) so don't expect much from him.
Cooper? is not good even for high school team .
We will win some games during the season but at the end we will hit a wall and out.and GM Jerry will never admit mistake.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I do understand your point but the QB we have now is not good enough when its count. The guy has a big none fixable confidence issue under pressure.
so why pay so much for a lousy bus driver?
Lance sent by Frisco for a reason ( he is not that good) so don't expect much from him.
Cooper? is not good even for high school team .
We will win some games during the season but at the end we will hit a wall and out.and GM Jerry will never admit mistake.
We are lucky the Niners traded the kid to us.

They gambled with Purdy and lost a Super Bowl.

#Brutal

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Agreed.

People wanted a RB. Our front office realizes that we're not a running back away from being a serious contender. We are "who we are" with Dak at our QB -- 2022-23 was our ceiling.

So now it's let Dak play out his contract, let the young lineman grow, figure out who else we want to keep or not keep, then (probably) be in a better draft position next year for a RB, in a better RB class by the way, and who knows maybe even a QB.

Yeah there are still needs... With the biggest need perhaps a championship quarterback. But none of this was going to be settled with just one offseason, with just one draft. This is a multi-year rebuilding process folks, like it or not. Again, they've peaked with Dak, and are looking at moving on without quite yet totally moving on from Dak.
Dak could get cut.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
We are lucky the Niners traded the kid to us.

They gambled with Purdy and lost a Super Bowl.

#Brutal
At this point he is just a development QB let's hope we strike gold but i am not banking on it.