Burks, Green, Zion I think are the team's targets at 24

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Think he is more of a fallback option if they get wiped out of their primary targets.
I agree. I am looking at all the top 30 guys on YouTube. Green is the pick right now in my opinion. Burks is hard to evaluate. I don’t know about him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I agree. I am looking at all the top 30 guys on YouTube. Green is the pick right now in my opinion. Burks is hard to evaluate. I don’t know about him.
Just anyone about Rainmann, although I want Green the most. No doubt some risk with Burks, can he separate, will he improve his route running? However, there are some physical traits that are very appealing like how big his hands are, how physical a runner/blocker he is.

quickccc

Reaction score
But there isn’t a blue chip WR in this class…

Guys like Green / Zion are just as good if not better prospects than the WRs we’re talking about and it’s a bigger need.

Now if a better player Dallas at another position sign me up.

- I wonder if we could see another move down trade as Cowboys did last year (which was risky considering they could've missed out on Parsons)
And a move-trade down will depend upon the space difference between Group A...and Group B.

- If the coveted players in the Cowboys' Group A are all gone off the board, i could see the Cowboys trading down a couple or maybe three+ spots to
pick up a 3rd .. or hopefully even better a 2nd rd pick, depending upon how desperate an NFL team is to trade up for the Cowboys 1st rd pick slot.

quickccc

Reaction score
I think they will pass on Linderbaum if there and select either Green or Zion. I still think WR at #24 is Cowboy or media BS

i think so too.
Primarily because Linderbaum reportedly wasn't even an 30 pick. Obviously they don't think he's the next Travis Fredrick.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Just anyone about Rainmann, although I want Green the most. No doubt some risk with Burks, can he separate, will he improve his route running? However, there are some physical traits that are very appealing like how big his hands are, how physical a runner/blocker he is.
Burks did light up Alabama but he needs some work. If we draft him he would literally have to move in Dak’s house because he is so raw. I just don’t see a Dez or Metcalf with this guy. Hope I am wrong. His quarterback in college was trash.

Creeper

Reaction score
Cowboys have been connected with Treylon Burks since the combine. He offers a very unique skillset, where whoever drafts him, must have a plan how to use him. I like the player, but hate the idea of drafting another 1st receiver in a deep class. However, don't think they pass him if on the board as he should be their highest rated player at a position of need. Believe he is the only top receiver who has a chance to be there at 24.

Odds on favorites would be either top Guard: Green or Zion Johnson, unless a player who they didn't expect falls into their laps like a top 5 Edge or a top Tackle. Tony Pauline said yesterday he is hearing that all the tackles will be scooped up early on and Tyler Smith is going to go much higher then many are projecting. I haven't found anything connecting the Cowboys to Smith.

What about Linderbaum? You have to believe he would be the best player on their board over these 3. Are they looking to replace Biaz or looking to give him legitimate competition at the position? Think Left Guard is the bigger need, but it would be interesting to see who they take if both Guards are also on the board.

Of that group I would prefer Johnson. I think OL has to come first and that starts with LG. Johnson is a day 1 starter. He already has the strength and athleticism to start in the NFL. I think he is a safer pick than Green.

I also think there are a bunch of teams in front of Dallas looking for OL help. It is possible Johnson is gone before Dallas picks.

cnuball21

Reaction score
What do you all think of Lloyd out of Utah. I see that he is generally rated as a top 15 prospect and best off ball linebacker. We draft him we might have a young cheap version of Wagner and Parsons could be a full time pass rusher. Something to consider.

Dudes a monster. He’s good at everything and can give you + ability as a pass rusher via the blitz. In average rankings across some of the major media analysts / sites he sits at 15.

I think you need to let Parsons be the MLB and let him be the WILL to get the most out of him but I’d be happy with the pick depending on the board.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Burks did light up Alabama but he needs some work. If we draft him he would literally have to move in Dak’s house because he is so raw. I just don’t see a Dez or Metcalf with this guy. Hope I am wrong. His quarterback in college was trash.

He’s not…

- Dezs ball skills and catch radius were on another planet.
- DK was raw too, but his long speed was super elite.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Of that group I would prefer Johnson. I think OL has to come first and that starts with LG. Johnson is a day 1 starter. He already has the strength and athleticism to start in the NFL. I think he is a safer pick than Green.

I also think there are a bunch of teams in front of Dallas looking for OL help. It is possible Johnson is gone before Dallas picks.
It's very possible both Guards can be off the board. I like Green better cause he has pro bowl potential if he can improve as a pass protector. Zion might be a finished product and would be more of a solid starter for years to come. If I am picking a Guard in rd 1, I rather take the upside potential and believe Green is another plug and play starter.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Think he is more of a fallback option if they get wiped out of their primary targets.
Broaddus said that the Cowboys think Lloyd could be another Parsons. I noticed he did have 8 sacks last season. The Cowboys may be smarter then we realize when it comes to speaking to the media. Right now it seems like guard or wide receiver with the pick. Similar to the last draft with the corners.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He’s not…

- Dezs ball skills and catch radius were on another planet.
- DK was raw too, but his long speed was super elite.
I would have drafted DK over Harry but he was a raw prospect. Seattle did a good job developing him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He has a very unique skill set and there is most definitely risk taking him. Although, if a team can play him to his strengths could be a monster. I think he could potentially help this team in many areas, like the redzone, moving the sticks and a big factor in the run game.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Broaddus said that the Cowboys think Lloyd could be another Parsons. I noticed he did have 8 sacks last season. The Cowboys may be smarter then we realize when it comes to speaking to the media. Right now it seems like guard or wide receiver with the pick. Similar to the last draft with the corners.
Usually a 30 visit player suggests they like the player, some are smokescreens, but I believe he is on their radar, but not the top choice. Heard Stephen say that they are ok are the linebacker position as they believe Kearse plays majority of the snaps there. Wouldn't surprise me to see many 3 safety looks again next season with Hooker/Wilson and Kearse.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Usually a 30 visit player suggests they like the player, some are smokescreens, but I believe he is on their radar, but not the top choice. Heard Stephen say that they are ok are the linebacker position as they believe Kearse plays majority of the snaps there. Wouldn't surprise me to see many 3 safety looks again next season with Hooker/Wilson and Kearse.
The Cowboys are ok at linebacker. That is exactly what everyone thought when we drafted Parsons. The Cowboys would only draft Lloyd if they believe he can be another Parsons. They would love another pass rushing/ cover linebacker monster that would confuse offenses.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Cowboys are ok at linebacker. That is exactly what everyone thought when we drafted Parsons. The Cowboys would only draft Lloyd if they believe he can be another Parsons. They would love another pass rushing/ cover linebacker monster that would confuse offenses.
There aren't many Parsons type of players out there. I think both Lloyd and Dean are more blitzers then pass rushers.

garyv

Reaction score

If Green and Zion are off the board at #24 thats the only way I see Dallas picking a WR

cnuball21

Reaction score
- I wonder if we could see another move down trade as Cowboys did last year (which was risky considering they could've missed out on Parsons)
And a move-trade down will depend upon the space difference between Group A...and Group B.

- If the coveted players in the Cowboys' Group A are all gone off the board, i could see the Cowboys trading down a couple or maybe three+ spots to
pick up a 3rd .. or hopefully even better a 2nd rd pick, depending upon how desperate an NFL team is to trade up for the Cowboys 1st rd pick slot.

I think it is an awesome year to trade down...grab an extra 3rd then even potentially move up or back into the 2nd and get your guys.

quickccc

Reaction score
Usually a 30 visit player suggests they like the player, some are smokescreens, but I believe he is on their radar, but not the top choice. Heard Stephen say that they are ok are the linebacker position as they believe Kearse plays majority of the snaps there.

Wouldn't surprise me to see many 3 safety looks again next season with Hooker/Wilson and Kearse.

Which probably would helps explain why the more physical oriented teams can successfully impose their will to run the ball vs our run defense.

if I were the opposing team and i knew i had that physical ball capability while the Cowboys play exclusively nickel defenses, i too would try the pin ball approach
until they can proved to stop it.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There aren't many Parsons type of players out there. I think both Lloyd and Dean are more blitzers then pass rushers.
You are right on about Lloyd. Dean appears to be to short for Quinn. Lloyd is a great blitzer but I did not see him line up off the edge. I want to see more of Sam Williams but he does not seem like he has off ball linebacker skills. I can see Lloyd being what the Cowboys wanted Jaylon to be.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
How does one conclude Burks is Deebo "with speed"? Most of the combine measures would indicate he's not faster than Deebo - slower 40, cone drill, etc.
His only speed is what he builds up to. We can’t draft for the few games we play without Gallup. Assuming Wilson is long gone, Williams is the only WR I’d consider taking at 24. After those two, we can find playmakers later.