But I Thought Dak Was Just a Dink And Dunk QB?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This year, Dak is going to light it up with all of the new receiving weapons around him, plus a new O-Coordinator who is going to open the playbook up.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He is not a dink and dunk as much as many want people to believe.
But stats don't fit their agenda, so therefore are ignored in their world.

Also look at the play caller at times and not so much the QB. Though Dak has his faults, but lets see how and if they have been corrected come regular season. As we know we won't see him in the PS games.

He was only dink and dunk with no legitimate WR on the team early last season, before they got Cooper.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's entertaining that whenever you mention something positive, the haters just can't stand it.

I for one got tired of the gunslinger type. It got us nowhere. Nothing but heartbreak at the end.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
dak did it aaaallll by himself...but the Rams loss is defenses fault....I see how it works.
someone is not paying attention to actual reality. Yes quarterbacks win it when they have the ball in their hands last. It's up to the defense to give him the opportunity. But again someone just doesn't pay attention

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
His deep attempts per game is far below his contemporaries.

On fewer attempts his efficiency has been good. But because of scarcity each play has disproportionate influence.

Is live for someone to make the argument that Dak stretches defense with his arm with a straight face
Because he doesn't doesn't mean he can't. We'll see what happens with Kellen Moore

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
someone is not paying attention to actual reality. Yes quarterbacks win it when they have the ball in their hands last. It's up to the defense to give him the opportunity. But again someone just doesn't pay attention
the defense did give him the opportunities...he couldn't get it done....come on dude...pay attention.....where have you been....

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Too bad that same winning % isn’t gaining Garrett any support.
I don't really understand why people dislike Jason so much, the locker room has his back and they fight hard for him. When you've been watching and paying attention to this league as long as I have even the great coaches screw up I've seen Belichick screw up more than one playoff game. Even Sean Payton was horrible during the playoffs last season.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If Dak is a "dink and dunk" QB, then what do you call all these QB who don't let it loose late in close games?

Late & Close
15+ yard targets as a % of total attempts
Prescott 16.4%
Watson 9.8%
Manning 9.7%
Carr 9.3%
Darnold 9.0%
Wentz 9.0%
Ryan 8.8%
Mayfield 8.6%
Winston 7.2%
Luck 7.0%
Stafford 6.2%
Keenum 5.4%
Cousins 4.0%
"Late in close games" is a massive qualifier. It ignores, what, 90% of the games?

For the record, I think most quarterbacks "dink and dunk," and dont' really think it's a problem.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't really understand why people dislike Jason so much, the locker room has his back and they fight hard for him. When you've been watching and paying attention to this league as long as I have even the great coaches screw up I've seen Belichick screw up more than one playoff game. Even Sean Payton was horrible during the playoffs last season.
He’s an easy target.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s an easy target.
He definitely does seem let's say. Week on the sidelines. But some people take kindness for weakness. I used to think it took him too long to contemplate his thoughts. Especially during the two minute I never seen him make the same mistake twice. I do believe nothing more than a championship will save his career this season. I don't want another coach that's already been scrutinized by the league. Do you want a new startup someone trying to make a name for himself. I think it's the toughest decision of franchise can make their head coach. I don't think the owners of this team are willing to give total control. It's a dilemma we suffer through as cowboy fans

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He couldn't get the ball back what are you talkin about
in the end of 3rd quarter, with about 7 minutes to go....down 22-7. we scored and now its 22-14 with 5 minutes to go in the quarter.the defense gets the ball back after Rams punt....here is your chance, with as bad as everyone has played, drive down and get a score.....instead we turn the ball over on downs on a 3 minute drive..… go into 4th quarter and Rams score again, its 30-14 in the middle of 4th..... and essentially the game is over.....

and the offense was awful, awful, awful in the first half.....3 drives. total of 6 minutes....

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
in the end of 3rd quarter, with about 7 minutes to go....down 22-7. we scored and now its 22-14 with 5 minutes to go in the quarter.the defense gets the ball back after Rams punt....here is your chance, with as bad as everyone has played, drive down and get a score.....instead we turn the ball over on downs on a 3 minute drive..… go into 4th quarter and Rams score again, its 30-14 in the middle of 4th..... and essentially the game is over.....

and the offense was awful, awful, awful in the first half.....3 drives. total of 6 minutes....
Make no mistake about it it was the defense that lost that game. The Rams powerful veteran offensive line blew us off like we weren't there

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

That's why we have a new offensive coordinator