Butt hurt Beasley Can't Let Go

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
14 =/= 20.

Who cares how much Dallas offered?
He wanted too much based on his age, attitude and production.

You asked a question and got an answer.
We were taking about him being greedy - that's why I asked how much Jerry offered - was his offer close to the 14, and yes that does matter if your going to call someone greedy.

If jerry had no real interest in resigning him and just offered him a token offer then how is Beas looking for the best deal he can get "greedy"

Rayman70

Reaction score
I GOT not issue whatsoever for the player getting paid. I have issues with him talking smack after he is out of the building. The way you do your business in the NFL matters.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Beasley was one of the most overrated receivers by our fans. For his career here, he averaged about 3 receptions per game for 31 yards. That kind of production will not be hard to replace.
I always felt Beasley was never used enough. I dont know if that was offensive coordinator or the QB. He has great hands doesnt drop many balls and is very quick in and out of his routes. If there is one knock on him it's his catch radius. If things are kept short he is fine but those deeper routes require and accurate QB. I dont hate him for going to the Bill's. I wish him success.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I got nothing against the guy. He went somewhere else to get paid more. It just happened to be dead-end Buffalo. He said nothing inflammatory even though the talking heads at GMF gave him an opportunity to even baited him.

At least he didn't go to Philthy like Murray did. Now that would be insulting.

Any of y'all ever notice how it's big news when a Cowboy starter goes anywhere else? Remember all the press when Murray showed up in Philthy? National sports press.

yimyammer

Reaction score
“I’m just glad to be (in Buffalo) where it’s 100 percent about ball and not a show or a brand,” Beasley said in June. “It’s purer here. I’m proud to be part of something like that.”

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Media can't move on...they keep asking him about Dallas.

Some fans can't move on...they keep reacting to anything Beasley says and creating threads about him.

But Beasley is the one who can't move on. :muttley:
How hard is it to not answer those questions? He falls right in.

Mr_437

Reaction score
"It's not about the show or the brand"

Jerry nem, want players to take less money because their Cowboys and actually try to factor in playing for the star in negotiations...SMH.

Negotiating contracts thru media is messy and this is common for the Joneses.

Bease is right...he speaks the truth most of the time like other WRs dating back to T.O. n Crayton.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
A bunch of children

This board has complained about Garrett’s horrible scheme for years now. Beasley finally is in a system thats more creative and doesnt have him running the same goofy underneath routes every single pass play. Of course he would have more “fun”.

Grow up

Carson

Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing about Bease. He has talked about the Cowboys too much since he left, but I feel like reporters are purposely bringing up the Cowboys with him because they know that instantly gets them national attention. What is he supposed to say? That Buffalo sucks? Even if it does, that's his team and city now. He has to say he loves it there.

Simple.

“I no longer wish to talk about my time in Dallas. I enjoyed my time there but I’ve moved on and I’m a buffalo bill now. We’re working hard and trying to get into a solid groove here”

/end lol

I liked Beasley.
I wish he was still here.

Most do. Cobb seems to be struggling so far.

But no way we could’ve afforded to keep him

GenoT

Reaction score
Cole Beasley was a solid player while he was here, and I understand his frustration regarding how he was being used — or underused — in our offense. What I don’t get is his continued sniping at the Cowboys...as if it matters. And I doubt any poster here wishes him anything but good fortune with his new team.

I lived in Toronto Canada for 15yrs and am quite familiar with Buffalo winters which, due to a weather anomaly called “lake effect”, make the worst Toronto winters seem mild. Can’t imagine a Houston surfer dude having much to say, come December. Best of all and lucky for him, with the Bills, he’ll most likely not be playing in January. :);):rolleyes:

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Anyone want to bet that as soon as Beasley leaves the Bills, he will immediately trash Buffalo and praise his new team?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do think his comment about being all about ball, not brand, is felt by a bunch of players that are still on the team. The access given to the players by the media is unmatched and not all players are comfortable with that glass house that has always been Dallas.

Some here are too young to have lived through those "glitz and glamor" days that started well before Booger showed up, he's just used what was already there. The Cowboys were called soft and the word "finesse" was used a lot to describe their team. More glory than guts compared to teams like CLE, GB and PIT. They were all blue collar teams and the Cowboys were the matinee idols of the NFL.

Beasley's continuation of taking shots makes me wonder about his time with Dallas. It's funny to see posters take a shot at what he says about being used here by the same posters that blasted Linehan. I do think there is a connection.

I will say one thing about Beasley, who was backed up by Hurns, he said he was open and he was. I went back and watched the two games prior to his comment and he was NFL open a lot and wasn't getting the ball but slot WR's like Beasley, quick and small, are a hard target for some QB's, especially when they can't get the passing lanes they need. Prescott is 6'2" while Allen is 6'5", 3" doesn't seem like a lot until you consider the average height of linemen and that slant to a quick slot guy can be the most difficult ball to throw. I do think he will do better in BUF than DAL where it's all about football and wings and not about the promotional aspects of the game. However, good luck on those bullets from the QB with the highest velocity ranking since 2008 when it's in the teens and that wind is howling.