Butt hurt Beasley Can't Let Go

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This board uses kid gloves discussing Beasley as opposed to Dez.
Dez Bryant dropped more third-down Drive killing passes than I care to remember. Beasley had the best hands in the entire league for passes percentages caught. The only problem was the run after catch. Big difference between the two players

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Beasley was one of the most overrated receivers by our fans. For his career here, he averaged about 3 receptions per game for 31 yards. That kind of production will not be hard to replace.
Yes but it's about when you make those catches. How many first downs

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I gotta say though I don’t think he’s wrong when he says it’s purer there it’s about ball and not show or brand.

cern

Reaction score
When he retires, do you think he'll live in texas or new york.

DanA

Reaction score
I don't think having more freedom will help him. IMO the Bills will figure out pretty quickly that he's useless deep or on the outside and he'll be back to his same limited route tree. He's got value doing that but it's less than what he's getting paid. IMO we upgrade getting Cobb and not just for what he will do himself but for how much more unpredictable he makes us. The dude just has to stay healthy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I doubt he ever really left Texas. Gotta go to Buffalo for a temp job. Did his family even go with him to Buffalo is the bigger question :)
hes in over his head in football Siberia otherwise known as Buffalo. He will soon find out and have one of those "moments" when he realizes the major mistake he made.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
When Beasley started adding “sauce” to his few touchdown catches I knew it was over for him.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
A bunch of children

This board has complained about Garrett’s horrible scheme for years now. Beasley finally is in a system thats more creative and doesnt have him running the same goofy underneath routes every single pass play. Of course he would have more “fun”.

Grow up
Yeah, they found creative ways to lose 10 games. Brilliant take.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I don’t have an issue with Beasley talking because he is basically saying the things us fans have been saying for years. Jerry runs the team as if it’s a worldwide show to be marketed and capitalized on at every turn instead of a football team looking to win championships. It has worked out wonderfully for his bank accounts but left us fans with approaching 25 years of frustration. Garrett is too busy trying to recreate the 90’s and turn any RB into Emmitt, find another Irvin happy to run nothing but comeback routes, and force feed his offense down his QBs throat even though it doesn’t suit his skill set. He can’t be bothered with adjusting his offense to use a player like Beasley to his fullest potential. Frustrating doesn’t begin to describe the wasted years and talent we have seen since 1996. Not to Mention the missed opportunities in the draft, the ridiculous coaching hires, and poor personnel decisions.

Exactly. Funny thing is, all our fans just dismiss what these players say about this franchise. Beasley is not even close to the first one to speak on it. TO and Martellus were very vocal about it. Other coaches and players have talked about preparing for this elementary offense. There is no scheme. No adjustments. It's a beat your man offense. That's it. If you can't beat your man, then it will look poor. Our coaches don't design this offense to get the most from our players.

Funny thing is, Pederson sits down with Nick Foles and implements an offense in a few weeks that suits him and his skillset before the playoffs when they won it all. He wasn't going to make him run the same offense Wentz did. But our team? Nope. Everyone runs the same stale offense Garrett has had here for Romo since 2007. It's ridiculous.

And anyone who honestly thinks Jerry is serious about winning is naive and brainwashed. Jerry cares about the Cowboys brand and getting as many concerts and other events in his stadium. As long as the Cowboys are in the news and he gets air time, that's all he cares about. No owner who cares about winning would stay GM the entire time and have Garrett as the head coach for almost a decade now.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly. Funny thing is, all our fans just dismiss what these players say about this franchise. Beasley is not even close to the first one to speak on it. TO and Martellus were very vocal about it. Other coaches and players have talked about preparing for this elementary offense. There is no scheme. No adjustments. It's a beat your man offense. That's it. If you can't beat your man, then it will look poor. Our coaches don't design this offense to get the most from our players.

Funny thing is, Pederson sits down with Nick Foles and implements an offense in a few weeks that suits him and his skillset before the playoffs when they won it all. He wasn't going to make him run the same offense Wentz did. But our team? Nope. Everyone runs the same stale offense Garrett has had here for Romo since 2007. It's ridiculous.

And anyone who honestly thinks Jerry is serious about winning is naive and brainwashed. Jerry cares about the Cowboys brand and getting as many concerts and other events in his stadium. As long as the Cowboys are in the news and he gets air time, that's all he cares about. No owner who cares about winning would stay GM the entire time and have Garrett as the head coach for almost a decade now.
I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the diva's that whine after they leave a team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he's this sensitive about Dallas I doubt he'll handle many WNY winters.
I do cut him some slack as he's got local boyitis and probably thinks he should be treated better in his hometown. Not many SMU players end up playing for the local team and he is a little sensitive to it, as is his wife. Remember when she got all potty mouthed defending him when he was catching public grief for a fumble?

You ever have a bud that gets divorced and can't stop talking about her? Beasley is still emotional about it and so is Bryant. When she doesn't want you any longer, tough to swallow.

Reactions: G2

GenoT

Reaction score
When he retires, do you think he'll live in texas or new york.
Born and raised in Houston; went to college (SMU) in Dallas, played his entire so-far career with the Cowboys.

My guess is, after he retires, he’ll live in NY.
;):rolleyes:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score

Carson

Reaction score
hes in over his head in football Siberia otherwise known as Buffalo. He will soon find out and have one of those "moments" when he realizes the major mistake he made.

I would’ve taken more money and went to Buffalo as well lmao

Batman1980

Reaction score
Beasley was one of the most overrated receivers by our fans. For his career here, he averaged about 3 receptions per game for 31 yards. That kind of production will not be hard to replace.

Oh no! Not 3 catches for 30 yards per game! However will we survive?!