Byron Jones is a building block we need

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A high end bus driver that set an NFL record for passing yards through five games with turnovers, a historically bad defense, and back up to back ups on the OL to overcome?

Thats what “bus drivers” do?

Explain this..

We are consistenly down big in games so he will consistently put up big numbers. You see this all the time in the NFL except it's happening to us every week.

We are a fantasy football team and that's what good fantasy football teams do when they are down.. They get a lot of catch up stats.

Empty calorie offense that turns off almost the entire game and makes it look pretty at the end and we call them heroes.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Well.. Saying Murray sucks at throwing because of 1 game is purely anecdotal and you can't tell me he didn't have a huge impact on that football game with his Plan B running ability.
Ohhhhhhh ..... so we don't care about if a QB can throw anymore. As long as he can RUN.

Because if you compare Dak to Murray as PASSERS, one looks like Dan Marino while the other looks like 2020 Carson Wentz.

Come on man, you just keep digging yourself into an endless void of stupid.

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
Byron wasn’t half as good here as y’all like to play him out to be. He was an average corner. Now we have below average corners.

Hindsight is 20/20.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
We are consistenly down big in games so he will consistently put up big numbers. You see this all the time in the NFL except it's happening to us every week.

We are a fantasy football team and that's what good fantasy football teams do when they are down.. They get a lot of catch up stats.

Empty calorie offense that turns off almost the entire game and makes it look pretty at the end and we call them heroes.

And you think “bus drivers” do what Dak was doing?

why didn’t Dalton do it?

Thats literally what you think?

Tell me what a “non-bus driving” QB would do in those exact same circumstances that Dak faced.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score

“An offense that turns off almost the entire game”?

Go through every game and point to exactly WHEN the offense “turned off”.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Byron wasn’t half as good here as y’all like to play him out to be. He was an average corner. Now we have below average corners.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Lol just say you can't evaluate CB play and move on.

Byron was a stud, nobody should have to use hindsight to come to that conclusion.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
All year i've seen busted coverages and big plays.

I know many of you didn't want to pay him because of the lack of turnovers but looking around the league corners who are elite like he was that lack turnovers still got paid by their team.

We chose guys like Lawrence, Cooper, Zeke, and Jaylon Smith over a guy that can match up against any WR in the league and play inside or outside at corner and slow them down.

We've taken a lot of L's this year but losing Byron Jones was a big one.

Watching Worley out there last night and the technique he used on the Kirk TD is just an embarrassment. How is he a pro?

We didn't have to choose. The Joneses could have signed Byron, too, but just decided there wasn't enough of a gap between him and our other corners to pay him that kind of money. I didn't care for that decision or rationale.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We didn't have to choose. The Joneses could have signed Byron, too, but just decided there wasn't enough of a gap between him and our other corners to pay him that kind of money. I didn't care for that decision or rationale.

Looks like a terrible evaluation by them if they thought there wasn’t a huge gap.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You guys can't sit here and say this team should've paid Byron and not the guys they did. Paying Byron is equivalent to paying Jaylon, Lawrence, etc. ON no planet is Byron worth 18 million a year and I give this organization props for realizing that I just don't know why they didn't do it with other guys. They went cheap on Dak and Byron but handed out money to everyone else.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Byron himself said it. Maybe he was being nice but on his way out he basically said the same thing. They had some solid corners still there.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
All year i've seen busted coverages and big plays.

I know many of you didn't want to pay him because of the lack of turnovers but looking around the league corners who are elite like he was that lack turnovers still got paid by their team.

We chose guys like Lawrence, Cooper, Zeke, and Jaylon Smith over a guy that can match up against any WR in the league and play inside or outside at corner and slow them down.

We've taken a lot of L's this year but losing Byron Jones was a big one.

Watching Worley out there last night and the technique he used on the Kirk TD is just an embarrassment. How is he a pro?
But he doesnt tho. His burn rate and passer rating allowed when targeted were like 40th in the nfl last year. Our defense still sucked. And hebcreated no turnovers. Btw hes graded 62nd overall by pff and allowed a game winning td to a rookie wr against the pats

CowboysLegend365

Reaction score
Lol just say you can't evaluate CB play and move on.

Byron was a stud, nobody should have to use hindsight to come to that conclusion.

Well I’m not a pro scout so that’s just my opinion. You posting on the same message board with your opinion. So I guess we in the same boat.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dalton was the 4th or 5th problem on the team last night.

I'm glad you're rejoicing today that Dalton couldn't put together a prettier loss like Dak does.

Come on catch don't put lipstick on a pig...you didn't think it would look like that...the drop off is huge, the only question is was that an outlier or the norm?

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dalton was the 4th or 5th problem on the team last night.

I'm glad you're rejoicing today that Dalton couldn't put together a prettier loss like Dak does.
Not sure why he's ecstatic Dalton didnt end the game on game ending pick like Dak did twice in a row.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Had Jerry paid the top 5 money that Bryon is getting I tend to have a feeling people would be hollering that he is another example of Jerry overpaying. I like Byron but he just does not come up with turnovers. in 5 season and 4 games this year he has a total on 2 ints, the last one back in 2017.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don't get the Cooper hate. And his contract isn't all that bad either.

Most people who were not in favor of signing Cooper are not making it a personal issue against the player. Paying top dollar for WRs is usually always an error. Cooper is great but his greatness comes at the expense of a lot of other positions that need an upgrade. NE, Pitts, Seattle, GB, Baltimore and most all of the other teams that are in the hunt every year understand this and put their cap dollars into the OL and defense. But we not only pay the wrong positions but we reinforce those positions in the draft. Its a formula that doesn't work.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Why do you say this? Is your contention that Jones didn't tackle?
Absolutely , I have a ton of Gifs and film on all 22. They’re several plays in his history where he would purposefully run away or engage in a blocker to avoid the tackle.