Byron Jones

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
A player that lacks ball skills and doesn’t have a ton of football smarts.

Those 2 penalties at the end of the half were inexcusable.

I’m pulling for him, but it is difficult

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Dak CAN take this team on his shoulders and win.

He's improved since the Denver fiasco.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Byron is not a safety, they need to move him to CB and see if he has success there

if not, no contract

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i know a lot of you have been bashing him non-stop, like Aaron Judge hits a baseball but I have resisted getting on board with that because I have seen more good in him than bad.

Granted, as with all players, he has done some good and some bad but overall I was glad to have him on the team.

I don't just jump on the hate band wagon (that's a figure of speech I don't hate any of these guys) very quickly. A player sort of has to earn the bashing from me.

Having said all of that Jones acted like a one man wrecking crew of our attempts to beat the other team today. I'm not on the hate wagon yet but he seems to be trying to earn his way on it.

The Cowboys defense had it's best game...

RS12

Reaction score
He'll go down with Taco and Claiborne as one of the worst first round picks in Cowboys history.
Go back and look at some of the gems they picked in the 80's or even 90's before making that remark, and believe me I have been critical of both those guys.

Verdict

Reaction score
The Cowboys defense had it's best game...

Yes it surely did. The most complete game for sure. Byron can do some things pretty wells. But the penalty today was pretty bone headed stuff.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Doing dump things at critical time. Handing momentum back to the other team. Situational football, this is coaching, not enough attention to the details.

kumizi

Reaction score
He has decent cover skills if he's covering someone slow like a TE. No chance against WRs. Hips too stiff to stay with them.

He is an abysmal tackler and has terrible football IQ. Plus I can't even remember the last time he had an interception or forced fumble.

So yeah, he's a guy that usually doesn't kill you but doesn't make big plays either. Literally a JAG. Except today he decided to be a ******* as well. He is not a difference maker enough to do ******* things and not get chewed out or benched as discipline.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
i know a lot of you have been bashing him non-stop, like Aaron Judge hits a baseball but I have resisted getting on board with that because I have seen more good in him than bad.

Granted, as with all players, he has done some good and some bad but overall I was glad to have him on the team.

I don't just jump on the hate band wagon (that's a figure of speech I don't hate any of these guys) very quickly. A player sort of has to earn the bashing from me.

Having said all of that Jones acted like a one man wrecking crew of our attempts to beat the other team today. I'm not on the hate wagon yet but he seems to be trying to earn his way on it.

The penalty for hitting out of bounds was BS. The TD to Kelce wasn't the greatest technique, but it's a tough play and we needed to get more pressure on Smith and it was a good play call. Other than that, Kelce wasn't very productive and he's an excellent tight end.

YR

rynochop

Reaction score
And lost Kelly Rowland..
Forgot about that.
I remember tailgating near the players parking lot back then and RW rolled up in a friggin Maybach, had someone driving him. HopeFully he hasn't kept up those spending habits