Byron Jones

kumizi

Reaction score
The penalty for hitting out of bounds was BS. The TD to Kelce wasn't the greatest technique, but it's a tough play and we needed to get more pressure on Smith and it was a good play call. Other than that, Kelce wasn't very productive and he's an excellent tight end.

YR
It wasn't BS. It was a clear penalty. The guy already had both feet out of bounds when Jones tried to deliver the Stone Cold Stunner (and failed)

And then he got another unsportsman like penalty 30 seconds later. I can only hope that he got dumped by his gf before the game or something because while he has been a non factor so far as a Cowboys, he hasn't been a huge *******.

hope this helps

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The penalty for hitting out of bounds was BS. The TD to Kelce wasn't the greatest technique, but it's a tough play and we needed to get more pressure on Smith and it was a good play call. Other than that, Kelce wasn't very productive and he's an excellent tight end.

YR

I thought the guy was clearly out of bounds.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He has decent cover skills if he's covering someone slow like a TE. No chance against WRs. Hips too stiff to stay with them.

He is an abysmal tackler and has terrible football IQ. Plus I can't even remember the last time he had an interception or forced fumble.

So yeah, he's a guy that usually doesn't kill you but doesn't make big plays either. Literally a JAG. Except today he decided to be a ******* as well. He is not a difference maker enough to do ******* things and not get chewed out or benched as discipline.
Not to bust your chops, but he had a pick six last week...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's a big part of why we won today............Kelce had a decent game today but he usually has monster games against weaker secondarys. Even the one who scored on.......that was good defense by Byron.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Byron is a decent enough player, just not a playmaker.
He's a smart guy, but he didn't play like it today.

Verdict

Reaction score
Byron is a decent enough player, just not a playmaker.
He's a smart guy, but he didn't play like it today.

Yeah. I've been pretty OK with the pick. Today he played poorly regarding the penalties.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
It's sad that he's never made a play on the ball like Heath's INT today. Those are plays you'd expect to see from a first round safety.

But all we've gotten during his tenure here is some decent man to man coverage against tight ends, atrocious run support, and zero ball skills/instincts.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

YR

I thought that first call was a bad one, too. The Chef fell to the ground as if he'd been hit, but he was essentially ole'd.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Byron is a victim of being drafted higher than he should have... dude was a workout warrior at the combine and we fell for it

Dude was a 3rd-4th round talent and plays to that level... Solid player but probably will be nothing more than average

While we have egg on our face for letting Collins slip to the second

lostar2009

Reaction score
Every since GB in the playoffs. He has been on my got to go list.That play pretty much symbolize his play this season.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

YR
A BS call? Or a BS play? For me...it was UNECSSARY. Why. Why. Why. Is all I kept asking.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well we got a pass rush and Rod seems to be stabilizing our coverages
I'll give them all till the end of the year and then evaluate.