Call me crazy, but I think a 3rd tag might be a possibility

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jaythecowboy, Mar 3, 2021.

1. FVSTONE

FVSTONE Well-Known Member

617 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    OVER HYPED AND OVER RATED! MAJOR UNDERACHIEVER WHEN GAMES COUNT! JJ EITHER MOVE UP IN THIS DRAFT OR STAY AT 10, BUT DON'T SHY AWAY FROM TAKING A QB WITH THE FIRST CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!! ANY QB PLAYING FOR THE 2016 COWBOYS WOULD OF LOOKED LIKE AN ALL PRO WITH THE O-LINE THIS CLUB HAD. WHAT HAS PRESCOTT'S RECORD LOOKED LIKE WITH AN AVERAGE O-LINE?????? THAT'S RIGHT, NOT VERY GOOD. JJ ASK YOURSELF, WITH THE O-LINE ON THE DELCINE HAS PRESCOTT LOOKED LIKE A WORLD BEATER???? BETTER YET HAS HE LOOKED LIKE A $37 MILLION DOLLAR A YR QB?????? HELLS BELLS HE HASN'T!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  2. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

12,942 Messages
    22,318 Likes Received
    There's no if.....he WILL be gone UNLESS Jerry and Stephen give him a blank checkbook. In other words, they'd have no choice but to pay him what he wants or he walks and not a damn thing they do. This is why it's absolutely critical they either get the deal completed BEFORE THE DRAFT. If not then their only option is to trade him......

3. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

12,942 Messages
    22,318 Likes Received
    You're out of control.......lol

4. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

16,478 Messages
    11,155 Likes Received
    No way they do a 3rd tag. I seen him getting tagged this off-season. Either traded this year or he signs a long term contract next off-season or he walks and dallas gets nothing for him.

5. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

24,432 Messages
    22,624 Likes Received
    You’re crazy to put it nicely. Or a Troll. One of the two.

irving likes this.
  6. Zekeats

Zekeats theranchsucks

8,474 Messages
    9,058 Likes Received
    Crazy

7. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

9,803 Messages
    8,533 Likes Received
    He shouldn't be playing on the tag in 2021. It should be a non exclusive tag to make sure of that. If he's so good then some team will make him an offer that he'll sign. If not, then why will Dallas tag him a 3rd time again?

8. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

9,803 Messages
    8,533 Likes Received
    As it is, a lot of our players are going to be traded or walking after 2021.

9. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

28,928 Messages
    50,584 Likes Received
    I concede to your capital letters.
    You have outyelled us, my good sir.

Good show.

Scotman likes this.
  10. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

4,343 Messages
    3,748 Likes Received
    It’s not gonna be 44 mil it’s gonna be 37 with the tag or less if they work out long term deal

11. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

19,094 Messages
    23,319 Likes Received
    Stephen is highly unlikely to sit still for what a 3rd tag would demand, if it's in the $50 mil range!

I can't help but believe that we're far too aware how Stephen is not realistically open to that. :rolleyes:

12. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

17,714 Messages
    15,251 Likes Received
    So 1.44 times 37.7mil = 54.3mil

Not sensible.

13. Scotman

Scotman Well-Known Member

2,806 Messages
    3,219 Likes Received
    I didn't say anything about believing he should be handed top dollar. In fact, I have said the opposite many, many times. And, disguising curse words to try and make a point is a really juvenile way of skirting the forum policies. But, he has done a lot in the NFL. He stepped in as a rookie and performed WAY better than anyone expected. He's gained more and more command of the offense every year. One thing is obvious, his teammates believe in him when he is on the field. He's one of the rising young stars in the NFL. Your obvious anger towards him taints your entire view of his career and overall performance. He's not RGIII and hasn't ever been.

All that said, I've been really clear I think the contract demands as a whole are a mistake for him and for the team. My disgust at the potential contract hasn't caused me to dismiss how incredible it is that he grasped the NFL QB position so quickly.

14. pansophy

pansophy Well-Known Member

2,773 Messages
    2,771 Likes Received
    It's hard to imagine a scenario where paying 1 year at 54M is most cost-effective and cap friendly than a 4-year contract at the number Dak wants.

15. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

11,886 Messages
    19,062 Likes Received
    It's looking like the second tag is inevitable. That being said, he'll be traded if they don't get a deal done by the deadline.

16. flyinghorse

flyinghorse Active Member

120 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    3rd Tag Coming Right Up....

17. FVSTONE

FVSTONE Well-Known Member

617 Messages
    468 Likes Received
    ha-haaaaaaa!

Corso likes this.
  18. FVSTONE