Calling all Dez haters (Performance Film Study)

cern

Reaction score
Wait a minute. Dez has the glitch?
lol. from 2012-2014 he played at an elite level, ergo not the often misunderstood glitch. he loved the limelight in the big game. but injuries the last 3 years have all but finished his career. as you well know, I could give specific examples of the glitch affected. but I dare not. :)

birdwells1

Reaction score
good points. but no question we need help at wr. imo, the money saved cutting dez could help the team more than keeping dez. he's no longer an elite or #1 wr.

The problem is that people don't want to save money to get better players (because the good one's are already signed) they just don't want Dez to get it. I could see at the start of fa an impact player was available and we needed to cut Dez to sign him, then that would make sense but that's not the case.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
lol. from 2012-2014 he played at an elite level, ergo not the often misunderstood glitch. he loved the limelight in the big game. but injuries the last 3 years have all but finished his career. as you well know, I could give specific examples of the glitch affected. but I dare not. :)
The glitch was handed down to a younger guy it is still here

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah just like the sun was in his eyes at the Greenbay game 2 years ago in the playoffs when he made the TD !!!!!

When he was playing high school DBs? Lol. Yeah that was his last decent game that I remember.

You should probably savor that one. It's been two years. There may not be anymore as a Cowboy. Enjoy the good memories.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I don't know how to link YouTube videos but the defensive coordinator for the Raiders went onto Skip & Shannons show and when they asked him about it, he said no they didn't bracket Beasley they left him 1 on 1 cause he didn't scare them and they always had a safety over to help against Dez because he was the #1 threat

It was Rod Woodson. Unfortunately the video has been taken down on youtube

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It's OK, it's been quite amusing watching you. Insulting someone w/ no reason begets an apology from an adult, but it's OK, I'm well armored and it's just amusing.

I don't expect an apology from you. You're not a strong enough person.

Strong? What is weak is ignoring good points made by someone because you are butthurt. It is an ad hominem fallacy you are using to ignore him and I will not apologize for you being illogical.

Like I said, if you have a problem with him then be "strong" enough to ignore him instead of using fallacies to discount what he says.

And it's not being "well armored." It's being pigheaded.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You don't define me. Period. I watched the video twice. Great video. Now were these all the last full year of Romo? Because his stats suggest he's lost something. I despise stats. Because they are not the unvarnished truth. Stats can say what you want them to. Just like D Hall's comments on Dez and the narrator adding a graphic that D Hall lied.

Now you trundle over to YouTube and find the highlights of his first year and tell me Dez runs at that same speed. If you say so, then your vast football IQ you believe you have needs an attitude adjustment.

The advantage playing with Romo is it was always sandlot. Dez didn't need to be accurate in his routes because Romo was great at allowing plays to develop while buying time and anticipate when the defender could no longer cover and Dez would get open.

So you may think what you like about me. But your opinion means nothing. Because everyone has an opinion here. And I see no yardage in an exchange with someone who wants to argue and put people down.

We're done.

Main thing I got from this is you have no idea how to analyse stats.

And that is a whole bunch of strawmen and self assuming nonsense.

Romo knew how to place deep balls. That is the difference and your take on DEz's route running has been refuted by the OP no many how times you've watched it.

And I do not write for your benefit. IF you don't respond that works for me. I will still refute any nonsense you spew.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Romo knew how to place deep balls. That is the difference and your take on DEz's route running has been refuted by the OP no many how times you've watched it.

And I do not write for your benefit. IF you don't respond that works for me. I will still refute any nonsense you spew.
NO WONDER such a small group of fans here actually takes you serious with another fine release of hops and bong resin.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

I have noticed when you write your tome like analysis of games, you do so after waiting a few days. Long enough to see the recap shows and glean the information you need to sound like you have a higher understanding of football. In the draft season I suspect you buy Our Lads, and read it cover to cover so you may prepare your comments to appear like you are Johnny Football.

Heck, that is research. I truly admire people who do their homework. I just question is this for your own personal understanding? Or do you intend to use it here to hoist your flag as the resident brainiac?

I have been on these boards since the late 90's and seen a lot of people trying to look smart about football. There have been a lot of guys who write recaps of games, so the great unwashed can understand what they saw on Sunday. You are surely one of those as you rattle off football speak at any and every given moment. Something tells me you are all up in "All 22" and the analysis shows.

You condescend to any and everyone on this board. You remind me of the school bully. However, I do not claim I have some coach-like understanding of this game. I see the foibles of watching it on TV and at the snap of the ball the viewer cannot even see the entire defensive formation on most plays. I understand the media writes the information given to them, and that is dis-information most of the time. The "Gotta play 'em one day at a time," speak.

But what I notice about this board, as with all football message boards is people want to be seen as if they have an understanding of the game that surpasses others. You see this in musicians. "I play better than that guy." And you see it in IT. "I know more about computers than that guy will ever know."

I also know from experience there are people who travel message boards with a singular purpose. And that is to find people to belittle. They live on skewering someone then later feeling like they did something exceptional. "Man, I told that guy." They get a buzz off this. Makes me wonder about the self esteem issues that guy has, and how maybe life chews him up and spits him out. So in his small way he gets even by using a message board as an outlet to berate.

This encapsulates your posting style and attitude. I stopped reading your posts long ago unless they are directed at me, or I read one of your posts by mistake. I find you boorish as you race around the board finding any poster you can start your antics with.

But regardless of what you know, be it harvested from the pros after the fact, or you are an idiot savant at this game, I truly couldn't give a rat's ankle what you think. So make your threats of refuting what I believe. Just underscores my belief in who and what you are, frankly. It's all about you telling people they are wrong. But in the end what it all sums up to is bloated bandwidth, buck-a-roo.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was hall of famer rod woodson
I'm well aware of that it was Woodson.

Shannon Sharpe is also a Hall of Fame player.

Woodson did have critical comments about Dez.

They played the same coverage theu played in other games when 1 WR was on one side with 2WRs and a TE on the other. There was nothing special about the coverage. If a defense moves the 2nd Safety to the other side it creates problems covering RBs as receivers on the open side and problems containing runs by the RB or QB. Containing Dak rollouts was a focus for defenses in 2017.

The setup for those shows is to get one person to have a different opinion than the other two. Since the hosts both criticize Dez, the guest has to be the opposite opinion on that question.

An NFL coach is not going to say much that is critical of an opponent's player.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I have noticed when you write your tome like analysis of games, you do so after waiting a few days. Long enough to see the recap shows and glean the information you need to sound like you have a higher understanding of football. In the draft season I suspect you buy Our Lads, and read it cover to cover so you may prepare your comments to appear like you are Johnny Football.

Heck, that is research. I truly admire people who do their homework. I just question is this for your own personal understanding? Or do you intend to use it here to hoist your flag as the resident brainiac?

I have been on these boards since the late 90's and seen a lot of people trying to look smart about football. There have been a lot of guys who write recaps of games, so the great unwashed can understand what they saw on Sunday. You are surely one of those as you rattle off football speak at any and every given moment. Something tells me you are all up in "All 22" and the analysis shows.

You condescend to any and everyone on this board. You remind me of the school bully. However, I do not claim I have some coach-like understanding of this game. I see the foibles of watching it on TV and at the snap of the ball the viewer cannot even see the entire defensive formation on most plays. I understand the media writes the information given to them, and that is dis-information most of the time. The "Gotta play 'em one day at a time," speak.

But what I notice about this board, as with all football message boards is people want to be seen as if they have an understanding of the game that surpasses others. You see this in musicians. "I play better than that guy." And you see it in IT. "I know more about computers than that guy will ever know."

I also know from experience there are people who travel message boards with a singular purpose. And that is to find people to belittle. They live on skewering someone then later feeling like they did something exceptional. "Man, I told that guy." They get a buzz off this. Makes me wonder about the self esteem issues that guy has, and how maybe life chews him up and spits him out. So in his small way he gets even by using a message board as an outlet to berate.

This encapsulates your posting style and attitude. I stopped reading your posts long ago unless they are directed at me, or I read one of your posts by mistake. I find you boorish as you race around the board finding any poster you can start your antics with.

But regardless of what you know, be it harvested from the pros after the fact, or you are an idiot savant at this game, I truly couldn't give a rat's ankle what you think. So make your threats of refuting what I believe. Just underscores my belief in who and what you are, frankly. It's all about you telling people they are wrong. But in the end what it all sums up to is bloated bandwidth, buck-a-roo.

I stopped reading after you make believe about my watching shows to plagraize. I wait because I wait for all-22. I also don't watch TV outside of games. But thanks for playing.

I'm betting you never talked about Dez for the rest of that post. Not playing along with your deflection. The OP still proves your assertion for all your trying, 2deep.

cern

Reaction score
my furniture store will be having a pre-draft day sale on armchairs. 50% off both the qb and gm versions in silver and blue whole grain leather, and 60% off the velour models. each comes with an autographed placard by bill parcells that reads "believe your eyes".