Not open for further replies.

mmohican29

Reaction score
@ ATL - 534 Yds, 43 Points
@ NYG - 389 Yds, 33 Points
@ Bal - 339 Yds, 24 Points
@ Min - 270 Yds, 23 Points
@ Cin - 509 Yds, 51 Points

Outside of Minesota, and somewhat Baltimore, I don't see struggles.

3/5 over 30 points - 34.8 Average
2/5 over 500 yards - 408 Average

The Cowboys are better than Baltimore, Cleveland, and probably Minnesota too. The likelihood they get routed is slim. I would say it's unlikely we win, but the Cowboys are not a team constructed to be blown out, or blow out teams.

This will be a much better game than most anticipate.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Cowboys are better than Baltimore, Cleveland, and probably Minnesota too. The likelihood they get routed is slim. I would say it's unlikely we win, but the Cowboys are not a team constructed to be blown out, or blow out teams.

This will be a much better game than most anticipate.

I would not say the Cowboys have a better defense than Baltimore or Minnesota. The Cowboys have not played very good offenses. The best is ranked 7th, most are in the 20's.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don't see how they have a chance to win this game. Hopefully its a lot closer then i imagine its going to be. The only chance we have is to play a perfect game, no turnovers, big plays from the offense and defense, and good coaching. I just don't see this happening and you know the board will explode if Dallas does get blown out.

My prediction: 42 Saints - 14 Cowboys

"Calling it Now" is message board code for "Look at Me".

Verdict

Reaction score
I just don't see how they have a chance to win this game. Hopefully its a lot closer then i imagine its going to be. The only chance we have is to play a perfect game, no turnovers, big plays from the offense and defense, and good coaching. I just don't see this happening and you know the board will explode if Dallas does get blown out.

You guys and your defeatist attitude. I'm not sure how you guys force yourself to get out of bed in the morning. Lol.

Verdict

Reaction score
Welp, there it is, ok cowboy's fans, just go to bed Thursday night and dream about what coulda been....no reason to watch the game, were getting "blown" out...I will beg to differ.... I say we win this game and my score be it off by a point here or there is boys 35, saints 33. We do no get blown out @ home, we are going to actually surprise the hell out of a lot of our so called fans...

They aren't fans.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
right now being 6-5 is being :

Losing to the saints would put us right back at .50000

Same I suppose . .

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are buying the hype on NO. No doubt they are a good team. But so are the cowboys, even though they play completely different styles. I think the current Cowboys are built to win these types of games. They will control the clock. They will slow the game down. They will make every possession count. This team is built for the 12 play 7+ minute drives. That is the type of team that gives big play, quick strike teams a fit. IF and it's a BIG IF, our QB is efficient with passing the ball and we tackle well, this game will come down to the 4th Q and we will have a good chance. Not to mention that we are the best D they have played this year.

I think it will be a good game. I don't trust Dak enough in these types of games to declare a victory but I wouldn't be shocked at all.

Seth5545

Reaction score
Some of you seem a little upset about this... It may be closer than my prediction but even more disappointing if we end up losing in the final minutes. A lot of you keep saying "wow captain obvious predicting what everyone else is", well on the board here it sure doesn't seem that way. A lot of fans think Dallas will pull out a close game when I think there is almost no chance for that to happen.

And you know what, I would love to be wrong and have the Cowboys to win this week.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I think we're pretty close to the Saints in talent....except for two crucial areas.

QB. They have one of the all-time greats. Now, before I'm labeled a Dak-hater I just want to say that the book hasn't been written on Dak yet. He's only in year three. He is still a developing player. But you cannot argue that Brees is an all-time great. QB is the most important position in football. The Saints may have the best in the NFL.

Coaching. I actually think that most teams are pretty close in talent nowadays. What separates them is the coach putting the team in the right spots to win.

This is what gives the Saints an advantage on Thursday.

coult44

Reaction score

Dude let's your signature where your mouth is . I'll even give you a ponint or two. Dallas +26 , if I win I get your signature until Feb 1

morat1959

Reaction score
I think we're pretty close to the Saints in talent....except for two crucial areas.

QB. They have one of the all-time greats. Now, before I'm labeled a Dak-hater I just want to say that the book hasn't been written on Dak yet. He's only in year three. He is still a developing player. But you cannot argue that Brees is an all-time great. QB is the most important position in football. The Saints may have the best in the NFL.

Coaching. I actually think that most teams are pretty close in talent nowadays. What separates them is the coach putting the team in the right spots to win.

This is what gives the Saints an advantage on Thursday.
Well said and it ain’t even close!

CapnB

Reaction score
We would have to play a horrible, horrible game to get blown out 42-14. like, turn the ball over 3 to 4 times and this team doesn't turn the ball over. The Saints arent so phenomenal that they can blow us out with us playing a good game. And of course, now that i said it, we are screwed.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Games rarely play out or have the result most expect to. This is the NFL and our players are paid too. Not saying we win but don’t see a blowout.

Frankly, it wouldn’t surprise me if we blew them out and then lay a big fat turd next week

bud914

Reaction score
Some of you seem a little upset about this... It may be closer than my prediction but even more disappointing if we end up losing in the final minutes. A lot of you keep saying "wow captain obvious predicting what everyone else is", well on the board here it sure doesn't seem that way. A lot of fans think Dallas will pull out a close game when I think there is almost no chance for that to happen.

And you know what, I would love to be wrong and have the Cowboys to win this week.
gotta love the "the cowboys will get blown out" BUT "i will be the happiest person here" if they don't crowd...covers all the bases

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On one hand, our D hasn't faced an O like theirs but their O hasn't faced a D like ours either.

I do agree that the Cowboys will lose because the Saints are one of the two best teams but I would be surprised at a blow out. But then, I didn't think TEN could put up 28.

This game comes down to whether the Cowboys can derail the Saints strategy of coming out of the gate fast and before most teams know it, they're down 14 in the 1Q.

The team that cannot keep the other D out of their backfield should win this game. If none of the 3 OL pbers for the Cowboys can go, the only way Dak has a chance is running and I mean running, 12-15 carries for 100+.

Status
Not open for further replies.