Calling out this "fanbase"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Some people come to places like this to support the team. Some come to discuss the team. Others to vent about the team.

All of those people are fans but they frequently don't see eye to eye.
Keep going with your list.

There are some who come here to attack anyone who is critical of the Cowboys being a 3 decade long playoff joke, like the person who started this thread for example.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Here's one to add to your list - In 2007 Dallas finished with the #1 seed and a 1st round bye. What did they do with their good fortune? After blowing the best chance they had at an NFCCG since 1996 (and their best chance for the next 17 years) the great Wade Phillips blew off the loss by saying the bye week was the same as a playoff win. And thus began 2 and a half years of Camp Cupcake before Jerry turned the reigns over to his pet project J Geezy.

This was also the year Romo and Witten decided it was a good idea to vacation in Cabo the week before the playoff game. It was a horrible decision that I think Witten later regretted, but I never heard a similar regret from Romo. That guy simply didn't give a rat's arse whether he won or lost.
That team mentally quit almost as bad as last season's team that quit the week leading up to the GB game. It is clear that no Romo or Dak lead team has really wanted it. Just happy to be celebrities. Parcells called Romo perfectly.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Give me the 10 front offices you would take above this one?
There are only 4 other teams besides Dallas that hasn't been to a conference title game this century, so there are literally 27 other front offices that are better than the JonesBoys. Put the names in a hat and pick at random, or throw darts at a wall of suggestions blindfolded and you'll get a better front office than the JonesBoys if for no other reason than that they can be held accountable for failure.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Cheer up, it's just a game played by Blokes I've never met.

My bleak and desolate existence will not be impacted (to any great extent), either negatively or positively, by any results they have.

p.s I'm sorry if My relatively indifferent attitude upsets You, please let Me know if Your level of upset reaches the point where I should include a picture of a fluffy kitten playing with a ball of wool as an offset.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
There's one constant in almost 30 years of mediocrity. The glory days ended in the late 90s with the advent of the salary cap. Once this constant
had to draft well and manage a cap, the glory ended. As long as Jerry owns this team, the constant will remain.
Players and coaches have come and gone, and Jerry remains "the smartest man in the room."

CCBoy

Reaction score

My bleak and desolate existence will not be impacted (to any great extent), either negatively or positively, by any results they have.

p.s I'm sorry if My relatively indifferent attitude upsets You, please let Me know if Your level of upset reaches the point where I should include a picture of a fluffy kitten playing with a ball of wool as an offset.
Can one rent a double decker bus for a High School party? Might be good for a draft party as well.

Londonboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have the highest Super Bowl win percentage in the league. But young people think if events didn't happen in their time of existence, it didn't happen.
And the Oldsters want to see evidence that it might happen again before they kick the bucket.

CCBoy

Reaction score
There's one constant in almost 30 years of mediocrity. The glory days ended in the late 90s with the advent of the salary cap. Once this constant
had to draft well and manage a cap, the glory ended. As long as Jerry owns this team, the constant will remain.
Players and coaches have come and gone, and Jerry remains "the smartest man in the room."
You saying the current Dallas Head Coach doesn't belong in the same room with KC's Andy Reid on the same level shelf...as base good?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Your first thread gets deleted so you make another one saying the same thing minus the Dak love fest?

CCBoy

Reaction score
You can hire old ddb's for weddings, parties and day trips, my Brother lives in one that's been converted into a snazzy bachelor pad!
I assume with dart board .... favorite bier or honey liquor?

Here, I am partial to Don Padron Tequila...with salt shaker.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Keep going with your list.

There are some who come here to attack anyone who is critical of the Cowboys being a 3 decade long playoff joke, like the person who started this thread for example.
The people who come to place like this to support the team think that it should be a cheerleading site. There can be some fun in that but a lot of people don't want to go down that road. That makes the cheerleaders angry and they lash out.

kskboys

Reaction score

I'm chuffed to bits to see you here posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Exactly. A smart owner hires a smart GM.
Oh, Dallas has a winner also...

Carl Lawson will bring not only another veteran presence to the defensive side of the ball but also an understanding of playing two different positions.

The experience of playing both linebacker and defensive could see Carl Lawson being moved around the defense, much like Micah Parsons.

If fans look back at Carl Lawson's statistics, his best and most healthy years were at linebacker.

Being able to move him around the defense could assist Defensive Coordinator Mike Zimmer in hiding Micah Parsons.

The ability to hide coverage and blitzes with two players who can play with their hand in the dirt or standing will only make the defense more unpredictable.

1time4urMind

Reaction score
6db23e815df4da858ff0915038b022d0.gif

Londonboy

Reaction score
You damn right! I've been witness to every Cowboys Super Bowl victory and I'd like to think I'll see at least one more. :thumbup:
I can picture it now, Me aged 102, lying in My hospital bed, wheezing out one more breathe as the 4th interception of the Divisional playoff game floats gently into the enemy team's AI Android Linebacker's mechanical claws, sealing the Cowboys inevitable fate, as I draw My last breathe, the final image on the Holo-screen is the face of Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones aged 135(ish), looking sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.