Calling out this "fanbase"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskboys

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Oh, dude, almost forgot. Your proctologist called. They found your head.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
The op may have gone a little over the top. But I will say this. I have never understood the trashing of this front office. When it comes to talent acquisition. this is easily a top five front office in the league. The proof is in the pudding. There are more players in the national football League drafted by Dallas than any other team. But if you listen to this fan base you would think it would be ranked number 32 just below carolina. :confused:
They may be good at talent acquisition but they’re poor at building at truly competitive team.
And it a team that wins SBs!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Here we go again….

1. We like our guys
2. All in
3. Taco Charlton aka War Daddy
4. Mazi Smith
5. Jason Garret
6. Moral Victory

Almost 30 years…

Here's one to add to your list - In 2007 Dallas finished with the #1 seed and a 1st round bye. What did they do with their good fortune? After blowing the best chance they had at an NFCCG since 1996 (and their best chance for the next 17 years) the great Wade Phillips blew off the loss by saying the bye week was the same as a playoff win. And thus began 2 and a half years of Camp Cupcake before Jerry turned the reigns over to his pet project J Geezy.

This was also the year Romo and Witten decided it was a good idea to vacation in Cabo the week before the playoff game. It was a horrible decision that I think Witten later regretted, but I never heard a similar regret from Romo. That guy simply didn't give a rat's arse whether he won or lost.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Here's one to add to your list - In 2007 Dallas finished with the #1 seed and a 1st round bye. What did they do with their good fortune? After blowing the best chance they had at an NFCCG since 1996 (and their best chance for the next 17 years) the great Wade Phillips blew off the loss by saying the bye week was the same as a playoff win. And thus began 2 and a half years of Camp Cupcake before Jerry turned the reigns over to his pet project J Geezy.

This was also the year Romo and Witten decided it was a good idea to vacation in Cabo the week before the playoff game. It was a horrible decision that I think Witten later regretted, but I never heard a similar regret from Romo. That guy simply didn't give a rat's arse whether he won or lost.
I was maybe 16-17 years old, until this day, i just don’t want to talk about it.

But yeah:

- Thats my QB loss.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hang around more than a few posts and just find out smart guy. We AREN"T going BACK!
I ain't so smart so you are wrong there. And secondly we AREN'T
going back is vague statement. Like eventually we will be going back but we may not be alive to see it. I will hang around for more than a few post captain.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If half are fan base are like the happy to be a loser that started this thread ,no wonder Jerry keeps being the GM of this team. Imagine the lakers.yankees .real madrid not even getting to a semifinal for 28 years!!The dallas cowboys are turning in to a joke for espn and fox and the rest of the nfl
Too many fans here grew up in the era of "Participation Trophies" and Ice cream in the locker-room no matter what the score was.

I grew up in an era where if you lost, the coach made you run laps for 30 min right after the game.................there were no ice cream and cookies waiting in the locker-room for losers.

GMO415

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
Do you think I give a crap if I have your respect? What a narcissist.

CCBoy

Reaction score
going back is vague statement. Like eventually we will be going back but we may not be alive to see it. I will hang around for more than a few post captain.
Even less intelligence in an assaultive and arrogance in talk. The changes in defense is year two in the changes.

I'm not going to lower an appraisal or even evaluation of progress on a negative monotone and insult you attempt to manipulate. I'm not holding onto a cry baby view about the Cowboys.

The defensive line is strong. The linebackers are strong. The secondary is top shelf. It will keep this team in the middle of a return to the playoffs.

Talk crap with someone else.

CCBoy

Reaction score
:popcorn::starspin:

CCBoy

Reaction score
My man Jerry consistently spends the least amount of any team in the league. He does not care about winning. He cares about being relevant and the seats filled for the NFL game of the week. If he didn't have that he might bring in a real coach for a few years but thats about it.
At least his head coach hasn't reverted in winning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.