Calling out this "fanbase"

Status
Not open for further replies.

foofighters

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

Did we know that back in 1994 thus franchise was about to go on a dynasty run?

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
How did I miss this thread?

You have no right to tell anyone how to fan. none. You want to disagree and stat your stance, go ahead but outside of that, you have zero right to tell anyone else how to be. Go kick rocks...

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I was maybe 16-17 years old, until this day, i just don’t want to talk about it.

But yeah:

- Thats my QB loss.
I can understand not wanting to talk about it...

I remember watching Dallas lose to Pittyburg in super bowl 10. That started a life long hate for them, and to this day I still can't stand those (insert bad words).

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I remember watching Dallas lose to Pittyburg in super bowl 10. That started a life long hate for them, and to this day I still can't stand those (insert bad words).
Steelers. 49ers. Washington. Those are the only ones on my you-know-what list of my 50 Dallas Cowboys year fanship.

I understand and feel every opinion about other clubs, especially concerning the Giants and Eagles. However, none measure up to my disdain as much as those three franchises.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Steelers. 49ers. Washington. Those are the only ones on my you-know-what list of my 50 Dallas Cowboys fanship.

I understand and feel every opinion about other clubs, especially concerning the Giants and Eagles. However, none measure up to my disdain as much as those three franchises.
There were only two players in the NFL who I absolutely hated

Brandon Jacobs and DeSean Jackson

I still hate them

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Pure toxic homer talk, what a pathetic read. Guess what champ, people are entitled to express their fandom the way they want whether you like it or not. You're not better than anyone here, you're just a blind homer who would rather blame the fans for everything than look at the ugly truth because it hurts too much.

I bet you feel all safe and warm and cozy on your imaginary moral high ground, be an adult and try living in the real world instead of your little fantasy land for once.

erod

Reaction score
I’ve got to be honest with you all—I'm not disappointed in this fanbase; I'm downright appalled. The lack of confidence I see here is staggering just because we havent gotten to the big dance in 28 years.

We'll guess what- 28 years is.a very small sample size in the grand scheme of things. This franchise has 5 rings, which not top many other fanbases can say.

How can so many of you, who call yourselves Cowboys fans, be filled with doubt and negativity about this team?

I understand that every season has its ups and downs, but the way some of you talk, you'd think we’re doomed before the season even starts. Where’s the faith? Where’s the loyalty? I can’t, for the life of me, see eye to eye with anyone who claims to be a fan but only spreads doubt and negativity.

I have absolutely no respect for any Cowboys fan who doubts this team. You either believe in the star, or you don’t. If you’re going to jump ship every time the water gets a little rough, maybe it’s time to find a new team to “support.” But for those of us who truly believe, we know what this team is capable of, and we stand by them through thick and thin.

So, if you’re one of those who’s lost confidence, maybe take a step back and rethink what it means to be a Cowboys fan. Because here, we believe in our team—no matter what.

A lot of members here have no spine whatsoever and it's why Cowboys fans have such a reputation of being considered "bandwagon" fans.

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
First off, it's not 28 years since getting to the Super Bowl. It's 28 years since they won a lousy divisional round playoff game.

Second, nobody cares what you think. LOL

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That team mentally quit almost as bad as last season's team that quit the week leading up to the GB game. It is clear that no Romo or Dak lead team has really wanted it. Just happy to be celebrities. Parcells called Romo perfectly.
Who has been leading this team for 28 years? No Jerry lead team has wanted it, like it or not its a clear answer..he has set the standard since Jimmy left...Jerry is the one that has set this culture, no way around it.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Even less intelligence in an assaultive and arrogance in talk. The changes in defense is year two in the changes.

I'm not going to lower an appraisal or even evaluation of progress on a negative monotone and insult you attempt to manipulate. I'm not holding onto a cry baby view about the Cowboys.

The defensive line is strong. The linebackers are strong. The secondary is top shelf. It will keep this team in the middle of a return to the playoffs.

Talk crap with someone else.
Put me on ignore and don't read my post. Pretty simple for ya CCBoy?

John813

Reaction score
How did I miss this thread?

You have no right to tell anyone how to fan. none. You want to disagree and stat your stance, go ahead but outside of that, you have zero right to tell anyone else how to be. Go kick rocks...

Dude is trolling or going off his rocker.

3rd thread that I know of this offseason on fans and how to be "better" as a fan.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some people come to places like this to support the team. Some come to discuss the team. Others to vent about the team.

All of those people are fans but they frequently don't see eye to eye.
And some of us have been here long enough to have done all 3

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Fan is short for fanatics. Fanatics are generally extremists, and that's what every team has a lot of. Your position is one extreme. Theirs is another. It doesn't make them any less of a fan. Rather, it fits what a fanatic is.

I'm at a show-me point of my fandom. I used to get depressed after every loss and carry it with me for the next few days. I realized it was hurting my health, so I changed. I still love my team but I keep my expectations low and my hopes high. I will be confident in the Cowboys when they show me why I should be confident. In the meantime, I'll hope for the best without expecting it. That keeps me sane. That lets me be excited about the wins without being defeated by the losses.
Same here, except for the keeping hopes high. For me, the higher the hope the worse the disappointment. So, I watch and see what happens.

Of course, I'll be deliriously happy if the ever win it all again, can't help that after 56 years of fandom!

Appreciate your attitude, glad somebody still has hope....

ghst187

Reaction score

Do better.

Go Cowboys.
So let me get this straight, anything other than blind homerism is bad and realists or critics are not welcome? Got it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Same here, except for the keeping hopes high. For me, the higher the hope the worse the disappointment. So, I watch and see what happens.

Of course, I'll be deliriously happy if the ever win it all again, can't help that after 56 years of fandom!

I'll get my hope back up when it is warranted.

kskboys

Reaction score
Pure toxic homer talk, what a pathetic read. Guess what champ, people are entitled to express their fandom the way they want whether you like it or not. You're not better than anyone here, you're just a blind homer who would rather blame the fans for everything than look at the ugly truth because it hurts too much.

I bet you feel all safe and warm and cozy on your imaginary moral high ground, be an adult and try living in the real world instead of your little fantasy land for once.
Just wanted to emphasize the word "pathetic". Found it to be the most fitting word for this pandering post.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I find watching without hope to be kind of pointless. I don't mean that to be offensive. I can hope without expecting. I go into every week hoping to win. However, if the team loses, then I didn't expect this team to be on track to the Super Bowl after nearly 30 years of disappointment, so I can live with it. I can understand if some have a problem separating the two, but I've learned to do it. One thing that's helped me is I don't watch many games live anymore ... because that's when the hope can magnify into expectation (only to be dashed). I wait until I can find out the score and then I watch. If the team loses, I watch to find out why (except the Green Bay playoff game; I still have not watched that one), but I know they didn't win so it's not going to tear me up.

I know for some they don't want to know the score before they watch because that's part of the excitement for them. I've just found that I'm better off doing whatever I can to keep my expectations from rising because the stress that comes with it takes a toll that it didn't when I was younger. It's not always easy to do, though, especially when the team gets on a roll or looks strong (and other fans start getting excited about it).

Sheepherder

Reaction score

Superbowl 13 against Pittsburgh was really hard for me. When Jackie Smith dropped that pass in the end zone. I was upset for a long time about that one. That was when I really started hating the Steelers.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Who has been leading this team for 28 years? No Jerry lead team has wanted it, like it or not its a clear answer..he has set the standard since Jimmy left...Jerry is the one that has set this culture, no way around it.
I understand that Jerry is ultimately the one who should be burdened with the blame for the failures. But the players deserve to get bashed every bit as much as Jerry in my opinion. Is it too much to ask them to play with some pride and determination in spite of the atmosphere Jerry creates? History is going to show that it was the players who blew it against Green Bay, not Jerry.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm all-in like Jerry on the first week on free agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.