Calvin Ridley---- I'M SOLD

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Meh.

This is a different league. You don't draft 10 year players. If we can get 4-7 good years, that's a good pick
Yeah I'm not concerned with his age. Terrance Newman was drafted around the same age. Wouldn't shock me if you got a solid 8 years out of him.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
Strong backbone!
We have ALL missed.... me...many times

Me too. It seemed like you can have almost too much time between the combine and the draft and you start to over analyze and pick guys apart. I liked Bosa alot in early March but by mid April I convinced myself he was a high motor guy that would be good but not great at the NFL level..doh. When you factor in his prolonged holdout it makes his Rookie year even more impressive. Of course I don't think any of the teams that drafted 1-5 are complaining:

1) Goff
2) Wentz
3) Bosa
4) Elliott
5) Ramsey

That's a pretty amazing list.

Carter

Reaction score
Yeah I'm not concerned with his age. Terrance Newman was drafted around the same age. Wouldn't shock me if you got a solid 8 years out of him.

WR with the Exception of Hall of Famers drop off heavily after they hit 30.

Dont think he is an exception.

Like said before WRs usually take 2-3 years to adjust to the NFL. By that time hes 27.

From a 1st Round Pick i want 10+ years of production

gmoney112

Reaction score
I thought he was 24 and was off my board completely at 19.

But he's actually 23, and turns 24 at the end of 2018 after basically a league year.

That does change things a bit.

For me I guess, itd depend entirely on his route tree and his potential to grasp an NFL playbook. If you take that into consideration and he's BPA at 19, then I'd take him. I still think Evans is the better player if he's at 19 anyway.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I like DJ Moore...but not at 19.
the only WR Im taking at 19 is Ridley.
LVE tho....plead guilty as charged.I think he's a helluva LB and the combine has nothing to do with it.I aint draftin him to compete in superstars competition....Im draftin him to stop the run.
If we get him and he sucks,Ill own up to it.
Not saying he can't develop but at 19 I would want a LB that does a better job navigating traffic. What are your thoughts on him struggling getting off blocks and getting taken out of the play often? When he is unblocked he is a missile, I think his best traits are in coverage right now. Without a DT that gets double teamed I think Leighton will struggle

cnuball21

Reaction score
If we're taking a WR in the top 20, on a run first team, I want a kid who can become a legit 1.

I just don't see that with Ridley. I think he can be a really good #2, but why not just wait until the 2nd or 3rd to get that kind of guy?

I honestly wouldn't be upset if we didn't draft a WR at all, but if we're going to can we at least be smart about it?

Rayman70

Reaction score
If we're taking a WR in the top 20, on a run first team, I want a kid who can become a legit 1.

I just don't see that with Ridley. I think he can be a really good #2, but why not just wait until the 2nd or 3rd to get that kind of guy?

I honestly wouldn't be upset if we didn't draft a WR at all, but if we're going to can we at least be smart about it?
Sutton or Moore will be better in the NFL. I agree...I'm not seeing it with Ridley. IMO...if you draft a WR in round 1...he better be elite..and ready to roll NOW. I'm NOT enamored with this crop.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Not saying he can't develop but at 19 I would want a LB that does a better job navigating traffic. What are your thoughts on him struggling getting off blocks and getting taken out of the play often? When he is unblocked he is a missile, I think his best traits are in coverage right now. Without a DT that gets double teamed I think Leighton will struggle
I think any rookie LB will struggle.
I believe LVE might be the best LB in the group v the run.
I dont think he gets taken out of the play often,sure at times....but not often.
He's incredibly young and can get stronger.
From what Ive seen,Id take him and not look back.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Give me Ridley in the 1st round and dump Dez... He runs EVERY ROUTE in the tree and runs them at the same speed which gives DBs fits!
You know this is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Normally I would say draft defense, mainly a LB, DT or S. But the fact that Dez counts so much against the cap they MUST get rid of him! If they drafted his replacement that would free up money for the defense for the next couple years.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
You know this is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Normally I would say draft defense, mainly a LB, DT or S. But the fact that Dez counts so much against the cap they MUST get rid of him! If they drafted his replacement that would free up money for the defense for the next couple years.
Given that most quality free agents are already gone and aside from a trade for Earl Thomas, what does it matter now what they do with Dez’s cap hit? I’d prefer not to incur dead money and since you likely won’t be spending 16.5 million this year in more resources why not keep him until next year?

If they were going to cut him they should have done it at the start of March.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Sutton or Moore will be better in the NFL. I agree...I'm not seeing it with Ridley. IMO...if you draft a WR in round 1...he better be elite..and ready to roll NOW. I'm NOT enamored with this crop.

I think Ridley has a very high floor, I just don't know how much higher his ceiling is. He could easily be the best this class, but I do think Sutton and St Brown have he highest ceiling in this class.

That being said, they both have a longer ways to go.

mardwin

Reaction score
I was Anti-Bosa and I was so wrong.

If I could pick any player in the NFL to add to our defense it would be him. He's unreal.

I wanted Bosa or Ramsey. Zeke was a luxury pick having McFadden coming of a 1k season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
WR with the Exception of Hall of Famers drop off heavily after they hit 30.

Dont think he is an exception.

Like said before WRs usually take 2-3 years to adjust to the NFL. By that time hes 27.

From a 1st Round Pick i want 10+ years of production
Is there a case to compare him to? I don't think it's the age where guys tail off.....I think it's the wear and tear on your body.

And unlesss you are drafting a lineman....you are not getting 10 years of production. The average shelf life of a player is 5 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wanted Bosa or Ramsey. Zeke was a luxury pick having McFadden coming of a 1k season.

Everyone knew McFadden was a fluke and his body wouldn't make it much longer. Zeke was a safe pick. Not a luxury.

And it looks like the smart pick. They picked Zeke and the next year the draft class was a strong cornerback class.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think any rookie LB will struggle.
I believe LVE might be the best LB in the group v the run.
I dont think he gets taken out of the play often,sure at times....but not often.
He's incredibly young and can get stronger.
From what Ive seen,Id take him and not look back.
He is often pancaked and on the ground a ton. I'm no scout but plenty of film of this happening with him

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Defense in the first round and a receiver in the 2nd IF we cut Dez. If we decide to keep Dez, I wouldn't draft a receiver until the third round at the earliest.

mardwin

Reaction score
Everyone knew McFadden was a fluke and his body wouldn't make it much longer. Zeke was a safe pick. Not a luxury.

And it looks like the smart pick. They picked Zeke and the next year the draft class was a strong cornerback class.

It was a luxury pick, the next RB was drafted 40 picks later, that was Henry from Alabama.