Calvin Ridley---- I'M SOLD

Kaiser

Reaction score
But the anti-Bosa crew was loud.

I wasn't anti-Bosa but I was anti-Bosa at 4. I still don't see him as worth the 3rd pick of the draft even if he is a good player. Bosa has 23 sacks in two years and he went to the perfect spot for a DE. If you swapped Bosa and DLaw this year, DLaw would have had 23 sacks in this year alone.

At the third overall pick I want a great, not very good player. That is a spot for a guy like Megatron or Von Miller.

mardwin

Reaction score
Zeke and Henry aren't of the same caliber. Not in any sense of the word.

Not arguing Zeke is the better back but for a team that has arguably the best o-line in football Henry would be doing pretty well in Dallas as well.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I wasn't anti-Bosa but I was anti-Bosa at 4. I still don't see him as worth the 3rd pick of the draft even if he is a good player. Bosa has 23 sacks in two years and he went to the perfect spot for a DE. If you swapped Bosa and DLaw this year, DLaw would have had 23 sacks in this year alone.

At the third overall pick I want a great, not very good player. That is a spot for a guy like Megatron or Von Miller.

Bosa was top 10 in pressures last year as a Sophmore...that is absurd. 3rd most pressures by a 2nd year player since 2006, and 5 more than Ware had his 2nd year.

He's a special player dude, he's not just good...he's trending to be a guy that wins a few all pros.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Bosa was top 10 in pressures last year as a Sophmore...that is absurd. 3rd most pressures by a 2nd year player since 2006, and 5 more than Ware had his 2nd year.

He's a special player dude, he's not just good...he's trending to be a guy that wins a few all pros.

If he was special he would already be an All Pro. Sure, he had "5 more pressures than DWare" in his second season. Bosa was playing opposite Melvin Ingram and has a much better secondary behind him. The DE opposite DWare that season was Marcus Spears who had ONE SACK.

The comparison makes my point, not yours. Danke.

dallas72

Reaction score
Give me Ridley in the 1st round and dump Dez... He runs EVERY ROUTE in the tree and runs them at the same speed which gives DBs fits!
U cant Dump Dez..8.5 vs the cap if u do..PLUS Rookie WR never make much impact...we wont draft a WR at 19...we signed 2 in FA

cnuball21

Reaction score
If he was special he would already be an All Pro. Sure, he had "5 more pressures than DWare" in his second season. Bosa was playing opposite Melvin Ingram and has a much better secondary behind him. The DE opposite DWare that season was Marcus Spears who had ONE SACK.

The comparison makes my point, not yours. Danke.

We were playing a 3-4 at the time, and Ware was an OLB with Spears playing DE. He did not play opposite of Ware...that would have likely been Ellis.

But even though you got that wrong, I still don't see how playing opposite of Ingram magically turns Bosa's productivity into a mirage. Did you know Bosa had more sacks in his rookie season than Ingram did in his first 3 combined?

Kaiser

Reaction score
We were playing a 3-4 at the time, and Ware was an OLB with Spears playing DE. He did not play opposite of Ware...that would have likely been Ellis.

But even though you got that wrong, I still don't see how playing opposite of Ingram magically turns Bosa's productivity into a mirage. Did you know Bosa had more sacks in his rookie season than Ingram did in his first 3 combined?

Greg Ellis had 4.5 sacks.

You really don't think Ingram commands double teams or pulls protection away from Bosa? Seriously?

And "sacks in his first three seasons" is a very silly way to grade Ingram. Do you think the Chargers guranteed Ingram 42 Million in salary because he can't rush the passer? DLaw had 9 sacks over his first three seasons, do you think he is a substandard pass rusher?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Greg Ellis had 4.5 sacks.

You really don't think Ingram commands double teams or pulls protection away from Bosa? Seriously?

And "sacks in his first three seasons" is a very silly way to grade Ingram. Do you think the Chargers guranteed Ingram 42 Million in salary because he can't rush the passer? DLaw had 9 sacks over his first three seasons, do you think he is a substandard pass rusher?

I think Ingram has turned into a very solid player, but he didn't start out that way, not nearly as productive as Bosa has started out.

I think both guys likely demand double teams depending at different times, and find it highly doubtful that after how much damage Bosa caused his rookie year that teams said "we're going to double Ingram every game and take our chances."

I think DLaw had a phenomenal 2017, but I'm sure as heck glad we didn't extend/pay him like an elite pass rusher for the exact reason you mentioned. The prior season's he's had problems staying on the field and being consistent, which is why the tag was perfect for him.

jay94

Reaction score
Everyone knew McFadden was a fluke and his body wouldn't make it much longer. Zeke was a safe pick. Not a luxury.

And it looks like the smart pick. They picked Zeke and the next year the draft class was a strong cornerback class.

I don't see how this is the case especially when we had the 31st passing attack in the league that year along with the most penalized oline. The majority of teams don't have first round running backs making vital contributions. Zeke has been great, but I can't remember a year where I hated the first two picks ever. I still hate the Jaylon pick.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don't see how this is the case especially when we had the 31st passing attack in the league that year along with the most penalized oline. The majority of teams don't have first round running backs making vital contributions. Zeke has been great, but I can't remember a year where I hated the first two picks ever. I still hate the Jaylon pick.

I wasn't a big fan of the Zeke pick. I wanted Bosa or Ramsey.

I was also very unhappy with the Jaylon pick...

I sometimes feel like we don't even try in the 2nd round lol.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think both guys likely demand double teams depending at different times, and find it highly doubtful that after how much damage Bosa caused his rookie year that teams said "we're going to double Ingram every game and take our chances."

That's a complete strawman, I never said anything remotely near that. The point you seem to be admitting is that your comparison of DWare to Bosa in their second years is completely off base.

cnuball21

Reaction score
That's a complete strawman, I never said anything remotely near that. The point you seem to be admitting is that your comparison of DWare to Bosa in their second years is completely off base.

Nope, I'm all set with my viewpoint. Provided numerical evidence to back my claim that Bosa had a historic 2nd season with his sacks and pressures.

If you want to base it off of him playing opposite of Ingram and having a solid secondary behind him, go for it. I'd just strongly disagree.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Provided numerical evidence to back my claim that Bosa had a historic 2nd season with his sacks and pressures.

On the same page you have gone from saying he was in the top ten to saying his season was "historic".

cnuball21

Reaction score
On the same page you have gone from saying he was in the top ten to saying his season was "historic".

Let me clarify:

Top 10 in pressures in entire NFL last year

Top 3 in pressures for all Sophomore pass rushers since 2006

So yes, his 2nd season was one of the best in a very long time.

vlad

Reaction score
I want no part of a wr in the first few rounds. This "can't get separation" is the biggest crock of nonsense, I am surprised how many agree with it. How much talent does Garrett and linehan need to run an effective offense? Do some modern things, maybe run something different for Beasley, or put him and switzer out together. If going after Watkins was legit, then this FO is as ridiculous as ever.

If you're going to go offense take a beast guard so we don't feel pressured to pay our entire line through the roof.

Meanwhile on defense who are our LBs? And who is keeping offensive lineman off of them?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Well mind you the Cowboys were trying to take advantage of Romo's prime so it made more sense to get Zeke than it did Ramsey.

It's a offensive league. I think I take the skilled offensive player over the skilled corner. You can find corners all over the draft. You can also find running back. But I don't think you can find a Zeke in the draft. Can't pass him up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'll pass.

24 years old.. Of course he's going to be more mature then the rest of these guys and more polished.

Give me the 21 year old St. Brown, Sutton, Washington later on and give me defense in the 1st.
Everyone has their favorites, so that's cool.

But I keep hearing this wild 24 number throw out there---Ridley just turned 23 in December.
He's 10 months older than Sutton, for example.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Give me Ridley in the 1st round and dump Dez... He runs EVERY ROUTE in the tree and runs them at the same speed which gives DBs fits!
Why not draft him and keep Dez. Dez is still a top 3 red zone receiver all-time . Yeah I said it.
Even now he's a top red zone target with a inaccurate qb.
You can be the greatest route runner of all time and not dominate the red zone like Dez.
You can't teach Size and ball skills.