Twitter: Calvin Watkins: As of Sunday afternoon, Cowboys and Dak are not close to a deal

CWR

Reaction score
It was never going to happen. Teams who believe they have a franchise QB find a way to get this thing done. If the Cowboys don't get this done then at this point they are telling you they are not completely sold on Dak. I guess they have 3 days left

I believe they are sold on Dak being a good, but not great qb.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BTW...A GNATS HAIR AWAY FROM 5K YARDS JUST MIGHT QUALIFY AS GREAT. JUST SAY'N.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jameis Winston threw for 5109 yards last season is he great? and they finished 7--9 pretty much on par with our 8-8....just saying
POINT TAKEN. Big difference is this stat. INTS. COMPARE THAT TO DAK . Dak is a top 10 QB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak protects the ball better i have no issue saying that but yards are a poor man's stat in this day and age in the NFL if you don't have the wins to go with it
he dont? LOOK at my other post lol. In 2016 he had 4 ints all year!! LOOK at his td's. The ratio is great.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jameis Winston threw for 5109 yards last season is he great? and they finished 7--9 pretty much on par with our 8-8....just saying
Why do you guys bring up Jameis in any football argument when you know he threw 30 picks lol. You can't bring up his 5100 yards without his 30 picks.

Rayman70

Reaction score
its a team sport. Dak had scrubs as coaches his entire NFL career offensively YET rose to unfathomable heights his rookie year and so on. Imagine what he can do with competent staffers,coaches around him. The old saying is, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater applies here. We cleansed the team of the feckless coaches,trainers,staffers...so lets not go nuts and get rid of the 1 great thing we have. Its like cutting off your nose to spite your face!!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak can lead us to a Championship. We have solid coaches now. Its a cluster BLEEP if we give up on him now. A MISSED OPPORTUNITY IMO.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Interesting how they ALWAYS selectively leave out his interceptions..........:lmao:
Right I mean damn there's so many arguments you can go with why is Jameis always the go to lol? He's literally the worst person to use in the argument because even Dak's worst critics admit he's always taken care of the football which is anti-Winston.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
he dont? LOOK at my other post lol. In 2016 he had 4 ints all year!! LOOK at his td's. The ratio is great.

Are we not talking about yards? I already stated he protects the ball well, as i said in an earlier post what good are alot of yards in todays NFL if you don't win or can't score points in alot of your games? Or you can't beat teams with winning records. Or when the season is on the line you can't even score a TD in the game You consider 8-8 a winning season with the talent our offense had?

Swagger

Reaction score
Good point about the comp pick.

But I'd say roll with Dalton this year if we can get a trade for Dak. A short timer QB looking to move on elsewhere is not great for the team. Bidness decisions.

Get a contract, or move on. Dalton gives us an easy move on strategy that we wouldn't have most years.

Jerry should be negotiating an option extension with Dalton right now, and announce it Monday.
If we can trade Prescott before the deadline then that would just be sensational. I can't even let myself to dream of such a luxury.