Twitter: Calvin Watkins: As of Sunday afternoon, Cowboys and Dak are not close to a deal

Rayman70

Reaction score
Are we not talking about yards? I already stated he protects the ball well, as i said in an earlier post what good are alot of yards in todays NFL if you don't win or can't score points in alot of your games? Or you can't beat teams with winning records. Or when the season is on the line you can't even score a TD in the game You consider 8-8 a winning season with the talent our offense had?
the coaching he had was a bloody abortion. Highschool type coaches...ie GARRETT. So milk toast it was unbelievable. Lets see what an offensive mind with PROVEN success does for him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If we can trade Prescott before the deadline then that would just be sensational. I can't even let myself to dream of such a luxury.
wow..that would mean a losing year for sure. ALL that talent, all those high priced deals we did, all those exciting draft picks, wasted. THATS NOT HAPPENING. Dak will remain here.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
If we can trade Prescott before the deadline then that would just be sensational. I can't even let myself to dream of such a luxury.

That's not going to happen )-:, and i expect that sometime today or tomorrow we will get a report that the 2 sides are talking again...but i don't see them coming to any deal

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Makes sense. Waste another year of this teams prime.....why not? Wasted 10 years with Garrett. Wasted Ware, Romo and Witten's prime years....why not waste Zeke, Lawrence, LVE years too. Makes sense.........

Swagger

Reaction score
If Prescott doesn't sign a long term contract then even more reason to have a QB competition. Dalton vs Prescott. No Garrett to protect him from facing such a showdown this time either.

Swagger

Reaction score
Makes sense. Waste another year of this teams prime.....why not? Wasted 10 years with Garrett. Wasted Ware, Romo and Witten's prime years....why not waste Zeke, Lawrence, LVE years too. Makes sense.........

Dalton would be just fine in this offense and you don't have the unnecessary noise and commotion following him around. People act as though Dalton is Cassel or Weeden.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
the coaching he had was a bloody abortion. Highschool type coaches...ie GARRETT. So milk toast it was unbelievable. Lets see what an offensive mind with PROVEN success does for him.

Was it not the #1 rated offense last year, that's all i've been hearing this offseason Dak led the # 1 offense in football. I have argued that the offense was all smoke and mirrors, your post above leads me to think you may agree with that. As for MM well i think he is a decent coach but lets face it he did have a guy named Rodgers on the field i'm not sure he will have that same success with Dak, but we will see

Last edited:

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dalton would be just fine in this offense and you don't have the unnecessary noise and commotion following him around. People act as though Dalton is Cassel or Weeden.

Dalton won 50 of his 1st 76 games in the NFL, Dak would need to start this season 10-2 to keep up with that pace...make of that what you will. Dalton's 5th season he started 10-2 then got hurt in the 1st series of the 13th game and missed the rest of the season

cern

Reaction score
we seem to dismiss kellen moore's role in our having the #1 rated offense last year. this will be a most interesting year, no matter what transpires.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we seem to dismiss kellen moore's role in our having the #1 rated offense last year. this will be a most interesting year, no matter what transpires.
at this point the coaches/DAK could walk on water and this board would disparage them somehow. lol Its unreal.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There's no "commotion" following Dak. The only people that even discuss Dak's contract are "talking heads" and fans.

And I disagree about Dalton. His career has been riddled with mediocrity. You can try and sell that this organization is like the Patriots and can win with anyone at quarterback but I don't hold this organization in the same light.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Was it not the #1 rated offense last year, that's all i've been hearing this offseason Dak led the # 1 offense in football. I have argued that the offense was all smoke and mirrors, your post above leads me to think you may agree with that. As for MM well i think he is a decent coach but lets face it he did have a guy named Rodgers on the field i'm not sure he will have that same success with Dak, but we will see
yes, but when you cannot stop the run or the pass, you have no chance. NOT to mention the piss poor situational playcalling. Dak ran the offense with what was sent in to him, and he did it well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't dismiss it but I know it wasn't truly a #1 rated offense. BUT I think for his first year and with Garrett over him? It was a hell of a first year and I don't know if the offense will be better but I do expect for it to be more sound and fluid. I don't know if it will show up in the stats people love to post but I do know it will be better.