Can a team really win without coaching

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2016 was the year that we COULD have overcome the coaching deficiencies and done something special.

Lots of young, hungry players who played as a team and weren't in it for the money or to promote their personal brands.

This year is completely different. We have a bunch of young guys still, but the most important ones are more worried about contracts and the public's perception of them; they don't play as a team and it's obvious their fire for making names for themselves AS PLAYERS is gone.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The closest I've ever seen this team do it. Was the Barry Switzer years.. I know exactly what Troy Aikman was saying back then. Where is the discipline. I believe we can still win. It's too early in the season to give up. But we can't continue playing as individuals. I just don't have faith in this coaching staff. I don't see a leader. I just see a bunch of individuals on and off the field.
Spoken by an outsider that is exaggerating about there being "no coaching". This isn't a serious thread, it's just another troll job by a Garrett hater.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can a team really win without coaching
th

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Spoken by an outsider that is exaggerating about there being "no coaching". This isn't a serious thread, it's just another troll job by a Garrett hater.
Outsider. LOL exaggerating about lack of discipline LOL and I don't hate Jason Garrett and never did. LOL who's exaggerating.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The closest I've ever seen this team do it. Was the Barry Switzer years.. I know exactly what Troy Aikman was saying back then. Where is the discipline. I believe we can still win. It's too early in the season to give up. But we can't continue playing as individuals. I just don't have faith in this coaching staff. I don't see a leader. I just see a bunch of individuals on and off the field.

Win what?

Barry Switzer was head and shoulders better than the horrid Garrett. And we had great coordinators already in place so he just had to keep the team moving forward. Garrett cant even do that.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It seems that your interpretation of coaching. And mine are two different things. Mine is motivation. Discipline. What's yours?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Win what?

Barry Switzer was head and shoulders better than the horrid Garrett. And we had great coordinators already in place so he just had to keep the team moving forward. Garrett cant even do that.
A championship.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Outsider. LOL exaggerating about lack of discipline LOL and I don't hate Jason Garrett and never did. LOL who's exaggerating.
Oh, do you think you are an Insider? lol You have zero knowledge of discipline with Garret/Cowboys. You may as well hate Garrett, that is the narrative you are disseminating.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh, do you think you are an Insider? lol You have zero knowledge of discipline with Garret/Cowboys. You may as well hate Garrett, that is the narrative you are disseminating.
I know I am. LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No that's just the way you're taking it.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If we have top end coordinators, top talent, and a top 5 defense, then almost any HC might have a shot to win it all once.
I'm a person of structure, discipline. That's the military in me. And I don't see it on this squad. Freddy snapping the ball into the running back Crossing is enough to tell me the whole story

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It seems that your interpretation of coaching. And mine are two different things. Mine is motivation. Discipline. What's yours?
I'm not interested in negotiating the meaning of words defined in the dictionary. Your observations of Garrett not being a motivator or disciplinarian have no merit. You aren't there at the closed meetings or on the practice field when it matters. Find someone else to deny your hate of Garrett to. I'm not listening.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not interested in negotiating the meaning of words defined in the dictionary. Your observations of Garrett not being a motivator or disciplinarian have no merit. You aren't there at the closed meetings or on the practice field when it matters. Find someone else to deny your hate of Garrett to. I'm not listening.
When you have that many penalties. You think that's a disciplined team. Seriously answer that question you have the center snapping the ball into the Crossing wide receiver. I call that undisciplined

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm a person of structure, discipline. That's the military in me. And I don't see it on this squad. Freddy snapping the ball into the running back Crossing is enough to tell me the whole story
You're an idiot troll.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I kind of disappointed. I know you want to stick up for your team but this is reality