Can a team really win without coaching

CCBoy

Reaction score
The answer to the OP question...No.
But this past game was lost by the defense and offense, both...and against New Orleans, by the Dallas offense.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The answer to the OP question...No.
But this past game was lost by the defense and offense, both...and against New Orleans, by the Dallas offense.
I thought it was lost personally because lack of discipline. Turnovers penalties drop footballs. I truly put that on coaching. Concentration uncomfortable in your route Maybe. I'm a True Believer it all starts from the top

CCBoy

Reaction score
I thought it was lost personally because lack of discipline. Turnovers penalties drop footballs. I truly put that on coaching. Concentration uncomfortable in your route Maybe. I'm a True Believer it all starts from the top

Under Jason Garrett, the team does not explode from the opening gun...and they seem to generally stumble out of the blocks during the first halves of games.

That is a lack of discipline...

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I never saw a team win a Championship with a dud as head coach. I seen a great coach with a dud at quarterback win though. Switzer probably comes to mind but that team was already set. He was mostly babysitting.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I could be wrong but I never saw a team win a Championship with a dud as head coach. I seen a great coach with a dud at quarterback win though. Switzer probably comes to mind but that team was already set. He was mostly babysitting.
Barry Switzer

Big_D

Reaction score
I'd sure as hell take Switzer over this clown. Garrett sucks!!! He has to go. He would've inherited that 90's team and lost.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Barry Switzer
Team was already set with future hall of fame vets who had won 2 SB's before Switzer even came. We could of won two or three more with a better coach.. So I guess the answer is still no. Depending on how you look at Switzer 's legacy.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Team was already set with future hall of fame vets who had won 2 SB's before Switzer even came. We could of won two or three more with a better coach.. So I guess the answer is still no. Depending on how you look at Switzer 's legacy.
Yeah but still someone had to put the game plan in place. It's all hypothetical and I'm tired LOL

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Not unless you’re the ‘85 Bears or 90’s Dallas type team....just better than everyone. But you need a HC who can lead your troops to victory on the battlefield. He never has...get about as far as just over the ridge,when Custer is at the bottom smiling and mows us all down in a crescendo of falling horses,faces and looks of disbelief. I’m tired of it. Get him out of here already...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Not without a guy like Peyton Manning to keep the team in line and hold people accountable.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The closest I've ever seen this team do it. Was the Barry Switzer years.. I know exactly what Troy Aikman was saying back then. Where is the discipline. I believe we can still win. It's too early in the season to give up. But we can't continue playing as individuals. I just don't have faith in this coaching staff. I don't see a leader. I just see a bunch of individuals on and off the field.

Game/clock management matters. Garrett blows in this regard. Hard to see us winning a championship for this alone.

Garrett vs. Belichick in a tactical battle. Belichick would be giggling with glee in anticipation.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Lol. That sounds like what the Jones boys say to themselves at a family gathering.
They probably talk about how much money they have, and how if they lower the wages
and lay some people off at the concession stands in the stadium , they can add to their pile of money.
Then they talk about the wonderful art at the stadium ( which to me isnt art at all, it is a joke)

kskboys

Reaction score
Last time I checked, the Dallas Cowboys don't play in college football.
I'm still shocked that people don't understand the difference between recruiting and coaching. Never in my wildest did I think I'd see people claiming he was a good NFL coach.

gmb1

Reaction score
Garrett will never beat a Belicheck coached team
The closest I've ever seen this team do it. Was the Barry Switzer years.. I know exactly what Troy Aikman was saying back then. Where is the discipline. I believe we can still win. It's too early in the season to give up. But we can't continue playing as individuals. I just don't have faith in this coaching staff. I don't see a leader. I just see a bunch of individuals on and off the field.
You right