Can I talk to the REAL football fans in the room for a sec?

I Bleed B&G

I Can't Stop the Bleeding
Reaction score
Why is it so hard to acknowledge the fact that your guys' precious Cowboys have played against the NFL's worst teams on your way to this padded 8-1 start?

So far in my journeys, I have come across one realistic Cowboys fan who says that he will not get excited, nor crown Dallas the best team, until you guys prove it by beating quality opposition. What normally happens when I ask this question is Cowboys fans bring up my Skins barely beating this team, squeaking by that team, and narrowly escaping defeat at the hands of so and so. THAT IS NOT THE QUESTION! We Commanders fans know our team has much to work on, we also know that being 5-4 at this point after having so many major injuries is quite an accomplishment. Not to mention the fact that while we came close in many games, we were 3 quarters from being 8-1 ourselves EVEN without half our OLine, a 100% RB, no #1 WR (Moss hurt all season), and confusion amongst Gibbs and Saunders as to who runs the offense.

I did not come to your site to "troll" or whatever you guys call it when an outside fan disagrees with your views. Im simply here to see how the other half thinks, and to have my one question finally answered by an unbiased, non-homer, 100% REAL football fan and not some downhome good ol' boy who refuses to recognize the league's worst and softest schedule to this point.

I await your intelligent answers, all others will be ignored.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
don't pull the injuries excuse it goes both ways. fact is we have played the 1st 9 games on our schedule and won 8 of them. I say were a good team. we have the 2nd ranked offense in the nfl and a decent defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can someone do me a favor and delete this biased piece of excrement from the board listings?

Thanks in advance!

:laugh2:

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
We will pad our record again this Sunday!.:lombardi: :dissskin:

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761114 said:
Why is it so hard to acknowledge the fact that your guys' precious Cowboys have played against the NFL's worst teams on your way to this padded 8-1 start?

So far in my journeys, I have come across one realistic Cowboys fan who says that he will not get excited, nor crown Dallas the best team, until you guys prove it by beating quality opposition. What normally happens when I ask this question is Cowboys fans bring up my Skins barely beating this team, squeaking by that team, and narrowly escaping defeat at the hands of so and so. THAT IS NOT THE QUESTION! We Commanders fans know our team has much to work on, we also know that being 5-4 at this point after having so many major injuries is quite an accomplishment. Not to mention the fact that while we came close in many games, we were 3 quarters from being 8-1 ourselves EVEN without half our OLine, a 100% RB, no #1 WR (Moss hurt all season), and confusion amongst Gibbs and Saunders as to who runs the offense.

I did not come to your site to "troll" or whatever you guys call it when an outside fan disagrees with your views. Im simply here to see how the other half thinks, and to have my one question finally answered by an unbiased, non-homer, 100% REAL football fan and not some downhome good ol' boy who refuses to recognize the league's worst and softest schedule to this point.

I dont really have time to do the research so I am asking you to show me your evidence that the Cowboys have the worst schedule in the league.

I Bleed B&G

Reaction score
dozin@theknick;1761134 said:
I dont really have time to do the research so I am asking you to show me your evidence that the Cowboys have the worst schedule in the league.

12th easiest schedule to be exact.

Opponents combined record - .496 127-129

I Bleed B&G

Reaction score
2007 NFL strength of schedule

NFL.com

"NFL head coaches like to remind us that you can only play the games on your schedule. But there's no denying that some teams have harder schedules than others. Don't think it makes a difference? Consider that last season the Giants and Bengals had the most difficult strenth of schedule. They both ended the season at 8-8."

Rackat

Reaction score
Here's the deal Foreskin Homer. You post your 'evidence' of our soft schedule versus the Foreskins "tough' schedule. Start with that as a basis for your argument. Then, if it is possible for you, try to use a little intelligence to show why we should not be 9-1 come this time next week.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wow..... I feel sorry for this guy... he is hurting.

Lost to the Beagles after we pounded them.

Jason Campbell is there QB and didnt know that a 2pt conv thats picked off cant be returned for TD

Danny is the owner.

Can it get any worse for him.............

Answer: YES..... THIS sunday.

I Bleed B&G

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1761131 said:
don't pull the injuries excuse it goes both ways. fact is we have played the 1st 9 games on our schedule and won 8 of them. I say were a good team. we have the 2nd ranked offense in the nfl and a decent defense.

It's hardly an excuse when it's factual and right in front of your face.

2 pro bowl O-Linesmen down. Portis JUST getting to 100% the past two weeks after surgeries in the offseason. Our #1 WR with groin, hammy, now heel injuries. Our #1/#2 CB out with a torn MCL/ACL. We're still 5-4 and should win 10 games even with all these major letdowns. Remember man, 8-1 was well within our grasp, our coaches just let it slip away with bad playcalling. Though Moss kinda lost the GB game all on his own.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
We need to beat a quality opponent.

Ok, please go ahead and indentify what a quality opponent is. Who are you looking for?

We've whooped the Giants 2x by double digits both times, and most people consider them to be a top 3 team in the NFC.

But apparently you don't consider them to be quality.

So who do we need to beat? You say we have to beat a tough team. Who do we need to beat in order for you to drop this stupid argument?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Well we actually played with the patriots unlike your team.

We beat the Giants twice (who beat you) both games by 10 + points

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
Well, I guess Wade is supposed to just forfeit those games then.

We are sorry. You are a creampuff. We can't play you.
- Wade to various other teams.

BTW, I believe other than 2 games we play the same schedule.

We win the games we are suppose to and beat most of them by a large margin. Even yesterday we could of opened up the score but just settled to run out the clock.

You will see this Sunday. Dallas is rolling and there is a reason.

CarlJohnson

Reaction score
B&G, assuming you are an unbiased, non-homer, 100% REAL football fan , would you please tell me who you think is the best team in the NFL and show me their "tough" schedule. You can only play who is on the schedule. Who could have known that the bears, eagles, Commanders, rams were all going to suck this year. What is this, the BCS?

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761141 said:
2007 NFL strength of schedule

NFL.com

"NFL head coaches like to remind us that you can only play the games on your schedule. But there's no denying that some teams have harder schedules than others. Don't think it makes a difference? Consider that last season the Giants and Bengals had the most difficult strenth of schedule. They both ended the season at 8-8."

The Bengals finished 8-8 because their D sucks. The Giants finished 8-8 because Eli faded down the stretch.

The skins suck because they suck.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761114 said:

So, the only thing you want to hear is whatever you tell us that agrees with you.

Shut up. You want intelligent debate, then don't start out by telling us what to think. Ask us what we think and then debate that.

Just some advice from a REAL football fan who has probably forgotten more about the game than you will ever know, and I haven't forgotten much.