Can I talk to the REAL football fans in the room for a sec?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
wow, a Commander troll coming here and making an arse out of himself...shocking

but to answer you troll:

1) we've played alot of the same teams you have, the difference is we beat those teams (save New England, whom you lost to by 45 pts)...we were actually leading in that game in the 2nd half as well...you guys were out of that game in the 1st qtr...we also didnt have to go to OT to beat lousy teams like Miami and the Jets (whom we play next week, but I will go ahead and say we wont need OT to beat them)

2) you got injuries? we got injuries too..starting NT gone in 1st qtr of game one...never returned...starting WR hasnt played a single snap all yr...we still havent had our starting CB's start in the same game together

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
YoMick;1761219 said:
This just in

The Patriots have scored ANOTHER Touchdown against the Commanders

I love the NEW Sig for "I bleed B & G "

:laugh2:

Me, too.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
superpunk;1761188 said:
I can only assume it was trick or brain who carried out the covert operation.

And I can only say - bravo, sir. Bravo. I am laughing hard.

You're probably right. This guy's just too snappy and has a sig with a pic of a Commander fan holding a sign that says I suck.

:laugh2:

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So far, the Cowboys opponents are 38-43 (if my math is correct)
The Commanders are 43-40.

BUT, if you gave the Cowboys opposition 3 extra wins (Dallas would then be 5-4 to go to the Commanders level of 5-4) then the rate is 41-40.

If you improve the Commanders to 8-1 then their opponents winning rate is 40-43.

The Cowboys beating on teams is what makes their schedule look easier.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761200 said:
Your first statement is why you should remove yourself from this debate. Jansen and Thomas have BOTH made the probowl. Come on "House", at least get thos facts straight.

Are you sure the Commanders are your team? I checked again and the NFLPA does not have them as pro bowlers

It does have Thomas listed as a third alternate a few years ago though

As for Rogers and what other Skins fans used to say, everyone saw him coming along very well this season prior to his knee injury.

right lol

And again you talk about our wins and how close they were, when this conversation is neither about that, nor do we as Skins fans debate that fact. It's as if you have nothing real to talk about other then close wins. We're not pretending like we blew those teams out, but if you can acknowledge that, you can also mention the fact that we were very close to being 8-1 also.

You arent talking about how close games are? then why all the "coulda been" 8-1 talk?

We dont have to pretend we are blowing teams out, thats reality

I Bleed B&G

I Can't Stop the Bleeding
Reaction score
Changing my sig....imagine that coming from such a reputable fan forum.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761229 said:
Its not that hard to define a quality opponent, but let me try for you. A team not in the running for the #1 pick would be nice. A team that has an actual NFL QB and not just Adrian Peterson. A team that doesnt send out Brian Leonard and Gus Frerotte along with their 1-9 record. A team that isnt a complete mess like the Bears. Eagles are a good team, Giants too, but the other 5 wins are against opponents with only one thing in mind---McFadden, Brohm, or Dorsey?

If you think the Bears, Eagles, Bills and Vikings are playing for the first pick in the draft, you're not paying attention. Your contention only applies to the Rams and Dolphins. That's a mere two games out of our 8 wins. Bring on your adjusted point now so I could swat it down just as easily.

bags

Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761114 said:
Why is it so hard to acknowledge the fact that your guys' precious Cowboys have played against the NFL's worst teams on your way to this padded 8-1 start?

So far in my journeys, I have come across one realistic Cowboys fan who says that he will not get excited, nor crown Dallas the best team, until you guys prove it by beating quality opposition. What normally happens when I ask this question is Cowboys fans bring up my Skins barely beating this team, squeaking by that team, and narrowly escaping defeat at the hands of so and so. THAT IS NOT THE QUESTION! We Commanders fans know our team has much to work on, we also know that being 5-4 at this point after having so many major injuries is quite an accomplishment. Not to mention the fact that while we came close in many games, we were 3 quarters from being 8-1 ourselves EVEN without half our OLine, a 100% RB, no #1 WR (Moss hurt all season), and confusion amongst Gibbs and Saunders as to who runs the offense.

I did not come to your site to "troll" or whatever you guys call it when an outside fan disagrees with your views. Im simply here to see how the other half thinks, and to have my one question finally answered by an unbiased, non-homer, 100% REAL football fan and not some downhome good ol' boy who refuses to recognize the league's worst and softest schedule to this point.

I await your intelligent answers, all others will be ignored.

I'll try to answer this as best I can, but obviously I won't be 100% right, and a lot of what I say is based off of opinion.

The reason I believe my (our) Cowboys are a quality this team this year is from watching the games. For the most part, in today's NFL any team can beat another team on "any given sunday." So to me it's not who you beat, but how you beat them.

When I watch the Cowboys, they play well, and win convincingly. Of course there was the bills game, but the bills have ended up busting off quite a few wins since the game, and the cowboys managed to win despite all the turnovers. The fact that no team had ever won a game when giving up two interception returns for touchdowns and a kick (or was it punt) return for touchdown speaks volumes of how impressive that win was. Now I accept that people will say we were lucky, but in all my years of playing sports I've come to see that the good teams always seem to get "lucky."

The cowboys did hang with the patriots. They spotted them 21 early and easy, and managed to climb back in to the game and lead the game a little less than midway through the third quarter. I never felt that the cowboys were going to win that game, but no other team aside from the colts has played as well against the patriots as the cowboys did.

Furthermore, the strength of schedule (if it is calculated in the way I am going to assume it is) is statistically flawed. By using opponents win loss in SoS (especially through a little more than half the season) you are setting yourself up for inaccuracy immediately because the cowboys are 8 and 1. This means that right away opponents SoS takes a hit due to the 8 losses and 1 win. Let's say the cowboys were 5-4. This would make our opponents 130 - 126 (edited to add: based on your numbers). I don't know where that ranks on the SoS, or if I've even done the math right, but you see what I mean.

For the sake of argument I will take back what I said about any team beating any other team on any given sunday yadda yadda yadda, and I will tell you if the teams we have faced are good or not (remember this is my opinion). Giants - meh. Could be a playoff team, but they have holes on that team. Solid, but inconsistent at the very least. Dolphins - absolute joke. Chicago - garbage, but when we faced them they were hyped up as the top dogs. Not that it matters though, because they're still garbage. Rams - laughable. Buffalo - actually a quality team, that will hang in most games, but they won't make the playoffs. Young nucleus of talented players, but they ahve a lot of injuries, holes, and you don't know which bills team you will see week in and week out. New England - duh they are good. Vikings - they are a quarterback and (maybe) a posession receiver from being a good team. As it stands they can beat a lot of teams with Adrian Peterson alone. Eagles - clearly not what they used to be. I think any division game is hard though. Giants again - read above.

So do with that what you will.

For the lazy:

I love football. I'd love to coach some day, and I believe I will. When I watch the cowboys, I can see they are a good team. I don't know if they will go to the super bowl, but they have a better than average chance of representing the NFC in the super bowl this year. If you don't think so, then you haven't watched the games. Of course, they can lose in the playoffs after a great season then it's over...nothing anyone can do about it.

The cowboys have imposed their will on almost every team they've played and have consistently made phenomenal adjustments at half time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I Bleed B&G;1761242 said:

Don't like it?

Take the trolling act somewhere else.

Nobody's buying any of your nonsense here.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
If you combine the Wins of all the teams the Skins have faced this year .... you get

42 wins

If you combine the Wins of the teams the Cowboys have beaten this year you get

38 wins

You have accounted for 4 of your opponents wins which would give them

38 wins

We have accounted for only one of our opponents wins which would give them

37 Wins

:lmao2:

The difference is how sorry your team is Troll.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score

superpunk

Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761242 said:

Noone asked you.

Any thoughts on the fact that your entire premise (Dallas SOS) is based on data from last year?

Any thoughts on your continued inability to form a rational thought?

Any thought?

BigD

Got 5? We do!
Reaction score
Easy schedule or not, one thing is for certain.

We're beating people... BAD. We're putting up over 30 a game. If our schedule has been easy at least for the most part we're destroying the opposition. Obviously NE beat us and we had a scare in Buffalo but other than that we're dominating. We're not squeaking by; we are flat out winning, big. Meaning, for the most part, we're on another level.:star:

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761200 said:
Your first statement is why you should remove yourself from this debate. Jansen and Thomas have BOTH made the probowl. Come on "House", at least get thos facts straight.

As for Rogers and what other Skins fans used to say, everyone saw him coming along very well this season prior to his knee injury.

And again you talk about our wins and how close they were, when this conversation is neither about that, nor do we as Skins fans debate that fact. It's as if you have nothing real to talk about other then close wins. We're not pretending like we blew those teams out, but if you can acknowledge that, you can also mention the fact that we were very close to being 8-1 also.

You are delusional. Another way to look at it is that you are lucky to be 5-4. It took OT to beat the Dolphins and Jets (combined record of 1-17), and you only beat the Cardinals after Rackers missed (barely) a 55 yard field goal in the closing seconds. You could just as easily be 2-7.

8-1? :laugh2:

I Bleed B&G

I Can't Stop the Bleeding
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1761239 said:
Are you sure the Commanders are your team? I checked again and the NFLPA does not have them as pro bowlers

It does have Thomas listed as a third alternate a few years ago though

right lol

You arent talking about how close games are? then why all the "coulda been" 8-1 talk?

We dont have to pretend we are blowing teams out, thats reality

Yeah you should probably look outside the Cowboys world and into the NFL. Jansen AND Thomas have both been in the probowl. Wake up sleepy head.

If you call those teams you're "blowing" out, ok.

DTK

Reaction score
This guy is an idiot. He tried this same argument on ES and I can't recall a single Commander fan on his own board that agreed with his argument.

I don't care if we play a college schedule, as long as we get in the playoffs. Who cares how you get there, so long as you do. Heck, the '72 Dolphins only beat 2 teams with winning records. But guess what, they won the Super Bowl!! Anyone remember who they beat in the Super Bowl???

WarC

Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761114 said:
Why is it so hard to acknowledge the fact that your guys' precious Cowboys have played against the NFL's worst teams on your way to this padded 8-1 start?

"It is what it is" - Using your argument to derail our record is simply an attempt to pad up against the frustration you have with Dallas in comparison to the Commanders this year. What matters is wins and losses, and we have a bunch to one loss and are leading the conference with SB hopes because of it. It's what gets you there - not 'strength of schedule', not 'time of possession', not 'turnover ratio', not 'QB rating'...But wins and losses.

If the Cowboys were a bad team they would lose games.

If the Commanders were Super Bowl caliber, they would win games.

Thats an honest football fan's opinion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think it's about time to end the fun and games Hos?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761265 said:
Yeah you should probably look outside the Cowboys world and into the NFL. Jansen AND Thomas have both been in the probowl. Wake up sleepy head.

If you call those teams you're "blowing" out, ok.

OK so the NFLPA is lying can you give me a link that says the played in a pro bowl? I will email the NFLPA to make the correction