Can I talk to the REAL football fans in the room for a sec?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761185 said:
Making up stats does not help your argument. If you'd like, check out NFL.com and you can see for yourself that you guys have had the 20th hardest schedule, 12th weakest.

You dont play teams like the Phins, Rams, Vikes, Bears, Eagles, and Bills and get a top 10 toughest schedule. Be realistic.
Football Outsiders takes more into account than just Wins and Losses. It would appear more "accurate" in that way. Their rankings, after all, are a more accurate predictor than just W/L records.

I Bleed B&G

I Can't Stop the Bleeding
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1761184 said:
Umm neither of the linemen have ever made a pro bowl

LMAO lame excuse he played every game right?

He is a #2 on every team but the skins

The same CB most skins fans thinks suck and is a bust?

You really think you are going 5-2 the rest of the season? You cant be serious. you are about an 8-8 team

as was 2-7, you do recall 2 overtimes against 2 of the worst teams in the NFL right? and the Cards game where the cardinals missed a FG at the end?

well yeah your coaches suck, like your team

Your first statement is why you should remove yourself from this debate. Jansen and Thomas have BOTH made the probowl. Come on "House", at least get thos facts straight.

As for Rogers and what other Skins fans used to say, everyone saw him coming along very well this season prior to his knee injury.

And again you talk about our wins and how close they were, when this conversation is neither about that, nor do we as Skins fans debate that fact. It's as if you have nothing real to talk about other then close wins. We're not pretending like we blew those teams out, but if you can acknowledge that, you can also mention the fact that we were very close to being 8-1 also.

tnbk

Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761185 said:
Making up stats does not help your argument. If you'd like, check out NFL.com and you can see for yourself that you guys have had the 20th hardest schedule, 12th weakest.

You dont play teams like the Phins, Rams, Vikes, Bears, Eagles, and Bills and get a top 10 toughest schedule. Be realistic.

Don't forget the Commanders in that group too.......

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Its kind of hard to get a quality win when we are playing teams like the foreskins.

I guess everyone who says our schedule has been weak thinks that we can only claim as being "good" if we had played "good" teams. Something like this I guess would suffice:

Week 1: @Patriots (would be good win)
Week 2: @Colts (would be good win)
Week 3: vs Pittsburgh (would be good win)
Week 4: vs Patriots (would be good win)
Week 5: @ Pittsburgh (would be good win)
Week 6: @ Green Bay (Wait they are not that good, easy schedule)
Week 7: vs Giants (But they suck, they have the adopted son)
Week 8: @ Detriot (Decent Record Right? Nah, easy schedule)
Week 9: @ Titans (They don't have a proven qb. They suck)
Week 10: @ Jacksonville (Ok team but we would be expected to win)
etc...

So I guess everyone wants us to play the Colts/Pats/Steelers for 16 weeks, then maybe they will say that they had a tough schedule. Because everyone else sucks right?

What a dumb thread. I feel dirty replying to it but oh well. I hope you are just trying to frustrate us because if you are serious with your posts, then I feel bad for you.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761147 said:
It's hardly an excuse when it's factual and right in front of your face.

2 pro bowl O-Linesmen down. Portis JUST getting to 100% the past two weeks after surgeries in the offseason. Our #1 WR with groin, hammy, now heel injuries. Our #1/#2 CB out with a torn MCL/ACL. We're still 5-4 and should win 10 games even with all these major letdowns. Remember man, 8-1 was well within our grasp, our coaches just let it slip away with bad playcalling. Though Moss kinda lost the GB game all on his own.
ok you wanna talk injuries, here we go:rolleyes:

#1 we lost our starting nt(jason Ferguson) in the 1st quarter of week one. we have had an undersized backup starting and playing basically all of the snaps at nt so far.we are 8-1

#2 our 2nd best pass rusher and starting OLB(greg Ellis) has missed 4 games and still isn't 100% yet. in his place we had a rookie who has never played OLB(played DE in college) start in his place.we are 8-1

#3 our #1(newman) and #2(henry) corners have been banged up all year missing several games each and have not started a game together all season. we are 8-1

#4 terry glenn our #2 wr(some may say our #1 wr) who is also our main deep threat has not played for us all season.we are 8-1

injuries are a part of the game and every team deal with them.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
ANSWER MY QUESTION ******-BOY.

You wanted a respectful discussion, but then you refused to answer my questions.

Here is my question again:

We need to beat a quality opponent.

Ok, please go ahead and indentify what a quality opponent is. Who are you looking for?

We've whooped the Giants 2x by double digits both times, and most people consider them to be a top 3 team in the NFC.

But apparently you don't consider them to be quality.

So who do we need to beat? You say we have to beat a tough team. Who do we need to beat in order for you to drop this stupid argument?We need to beat a quality opponent.

Ok, please go ahead and indentify what a quality opponent is. Who are you looking for?

We've whooped the Giants 2x by double digits both times, and most people consider them to be a top 3 team in the NFC.

So who do we need to beat? You say we have to beat a tough team. Who do we need to beat in order for you to drop this stupid argument?

superpunk

Reaction score

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
This just in

The Patriots have scored ANOTHER Touchdown against the Commanders

I love the NEW Sig for "I bleed B & G "

jman

Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761114 said:
Why is it so hard to acknowledge the fact that your guys' precious Cowboys have played against the NFL's worst teams on your way to this padded 8-1 start?

So far in my journeys, I have come across one realistic Cowboys fan who says that he will not get excited, nor crown Dallas the best team, until you guys prove it by beating quality opposition. What normally happens when I ask this question is Cowboys fans bring up my Skins barely beating this team, squeaking by that team, and narrowly escaping defeat at the hands of so and so. THAT IS NOT THE QUESTION! We Commanders fans know our team has much to work on, we also know that being 5-4 at this point after having so many major injuries is quite an accomplishment. Not to mention the fact that while we came close in many games, we were 3 quarters from being 8-1 ourselves EVEN without half our OLine, a 100% RB, no #1 WR (Moss hurt all season), and confusion amongst Gibbs and Saunders as to who runs the offense.

I did not come to your site to "troll" or whatever you guys call it when an outside fan disagrees with your views. Im simply here to see how the other half thinks, and to have my one question finally answered by an unbiased, non-homer, 100% REAL football fan and not some downhome good ol' boy who refuses to recognize the league's worst and softest schedule to this point.

I await your intelligent answers, all others will be ignored.

Look, we all have a little homer in all of us, what's wrong with that? I love my Cowboys and hate the Commanders...What's the big deal. I didn't choose to be this way, it happened at birth.

I really couldn't care less about what you think of my Cowboys.

What I think this is about is that you are looking for some comformation that someone outside of DC actually thinks you have a decent team. Well, not here buddy. And for what it is worth, if you guys win next week, big freaking deal. We are still better than you guys. That's me. Like it or not. Don't care.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
according to the SOS link its .496 to ur .500

so one game difference, and were 8-1 and ur 5-4.

I Bleed B&G

I Can't Stop the Bleeding
Reaction score
cobra;1761213 said:
ANSWER MY QUESTION ******-BOY.

You wanted a respectful discussion, but then you refused to answer my questions.

Here is my question again:

We need to beat a quality opponent.

So who do we need to beat? You say we have to beat a tough team. Who do we need to beat in order for you to drop this stupid argument?We need to beat a quality opponent.

So who do we need to beat? You say we have to beat a tough team. Who do we need to beat in order for you to drop this stupid argument?

Its not that hard to define a quality opponent, but let me try for you. A team not in the running for the #1 pick would be nice. A team that has an actual NFL QB and not just Adrian Peterson. A team that doesnt send out Brian Leonard and Gus Frerotte along with their 1-9 record. A team that isnt a complete mess like the Bears. Eagles are a good team, Giants too, but the other 5 wins are against opponents with only one thing in mind---McFadden, Brohm, or Dorsey?

tnbk

Reaction score
Dear Mr. "I Suck",

So sorry that I cannot follow along with this thread any longer. I am now going to listen to our coach's press conference about our win yesterday.

Perhaps you could listen to Mr. Gibbs' press conference about your wi....oh wait, sorry.....

TNBK

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761147 said:
It's hardly an excuse when it's factual and right in front of your face.

2 pro bowl O-Linesmen down. Portis JUST getting to 100% the past two weeks after surgeries in the offseason. Our #1 WR with groin, hammy, now heel injuries. Our #1/#2 CB out with a torn MCL/ACL. We're still 5-4 and should win 10 games even with all these major letdowns. Remember man, 8-1 was well within our grasp, our coaches just let it slip away with bad playcalling. Though Moss kinda lost the GB game all on his own.

Man - The Giants are a better defense than that hideous D the Commanders trot out onto the field each and every Sunday.

Stop crying over your offense when it is also your Defense that is giving up huge plays.

LOL -

Real football fans? That is comedy when you yourself are not a real fan. A real fan would understand the limits of his own team. You keep trying to excuse all those losses. When you CAN'T.

Begon foo !!

arync

Reaction score
all you can do is play the team in front of you. Its not our fault that most of them sucked

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I Bleed B&G;1761114 said:
Why is it so hard to acknowledge the fact that your guys' precious Cowboys have played against the NFL's worst teams on your way to this padded 8-1 start?

So far in my journeys, I have come across one realistic Cowboys fan who says that he will not get excited, nor crown Dallas the best team, until you guys prove it by beating quality opposition. What normally happens when I ask this question is Cowboys fans bring up my Skins barely beating this team, squeaking by that team, and narrowly escaping defeat at the hands of so and so. THAT IS NOT THE QUESTION! We Commanders fans know our team has much to work on, we also know that being 5-4 at this point after having so many major injuries is quite an accomplishment. Not to mention the fact that while we came close in many games, we were 3 quarters from being 8-1 ourselves EVEN without half our OLine, a 100% RB, no #1 WR (Moss hurt all season), and confusion amongst Gibbs and Saunders as to who runs the offense.

I did not come to your site to "troll" or whatever you guys call it when an outside fan disagrees with your views. Im simply here to see how the other half thinks, and to have my one question finally answered by an unbiased, non-homer, 100% REAL football fan and not some downhome good ol' boy who refuses to recognize the league's worst and softest schedule to this point.

I await your intelligent answers, all others will be ignored.

Ha, don't you have to read it to establish that it isnt intelligent (in your eyes) and by doing so you havent ignored it:laugh2:

Fact is we beat the Giants twice who are 6-1 when not playing us. Plus we beat the red hot 5-4 Bills, and it was their last loss. We beat the Bears when they were still considered a good team. We actually sent them on this spin of bad play they are now on. We beat the Vikings and held Peterson to a low number, who both went on a tear against the hot Chargers the following game. We were leading against the Pats midway 3rd quarter. The Eagles are 4-5, just beat your team after we thrashed them in their stadium the week before. Besides our one loss and the Buffalo game we've been winning by about an average of 15 points a game. Come on, who's the one who isn't objective here? Come on be intelligent and admit its you.