Can MM take advantage of the offensive line road graders we now have?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Can you provide your source?
Sure!

NFL.corn

They have each team's homepage, where you can find full rosters of every team including starters..with height / weight listed. Then you just go team-ba-team, add each teams starters, divide by 20, then multiply by FOUR. That's ur average for that team'sstarting 5. Then you enter all those averages for each team on an excel sheet. Them you sort it alphabetically by team name. THEN you sort it by average weight, once you realize sorting alphabetically does absolutely nothing for you. Then you add ALL the averages up, divide by 64, then multiply by four and then divide by 2. That's the NFL average.

Then you subtract that number from the Cowboys average..and if it's a negative number that means that's how many lbs lighter our avg oLineman is to the NFL mean.

Conversely, you can go to "AverageNFLoffensiveLineWeightPerTeam.corn" but I find it takes a lot of time to type all that out.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sure!

NFL.corn

They have each team's homepage, where you can find full rosters of every team including starters..with height / weight listed. Then you just go team-ba-team, add each teams starters, divide by 20, then multiply by FOUR. That's ur average for that team'sstarting 5. Then you enter all those averages for each team on an excel sheet. Them you sort it alphabetically by team name. THEN you sort it by average weight, once you realize sorting alphabetically does absolutely nothing for you. Then you add ALL the averages up, divide by 64, then multiply by four and then divide by 2. That's the NFL average.

Then you subtract that number from the Cowboys average..and if it's a negative number that means that's how many lbs lighter our avg oLineman is to the NFL mean.

Conversely, you can go to "AverageNFLoffensiveLineWeightPerTeam.corn" but I find it takes a lot of time to type all that out.
So you’re just guessing. Kinda thought so.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Schoonmake should be pretty good

He just needs to learn to catch a football and block, and run much faster.
We don't run an effective 2 TE set. I believe he can be a good TE, however he will only block in our system with TE2. If he has 25 catches it would be a surprise.

Plus we have a skill of finding TE's in any round.

HungryLion

Reaction score
My point is it starts with the OLine not the RB.

I recall Shanahan in Denver seemed like he had a different 1,000 yard back every year. When they wanted more money he would let them walk and had a new 1,000 yard RB the next year.

Obviously there are some elite backs out there, but with the way QB's and WR's are being paid who can afford a RB.
Sure. I agree that the OL is the more important aspect of having a quality running game.

But we are also all projecting how good the OL will be with two rookies starting. This isn’t the 2016 OL yet.

Maybe it will be…. Maybe it won’t. I hope so. But youth and explosiveness at RB it’s important too.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sure. I agree that the OL is the more important aspect of having a quality running game.

But we are also all projecting how good the OL will be with two rookies starting. This isn’t the 2016 OL yet.

Maybe it will be…. Maybe it won’t. I hope so. But youth and explosiveness at RB it’s important too.
I think that is why Beebe think that is why they want Beebe starting. He can get a push up the middle.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yes you have. He’s trending to be #1 Center. MM said he’s going to get starter reps because he’s earned them.
Schottenheimer went so far as to say they liked what they had in Hoffman but that Beebe had something extra. Writing is on the wall.

Edoga is Wally Pippin his way back to the bench and a new era in Cowboys offensive line is about to begin.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Eventual starters:

LT - Tyler Guyton 6’7” 322lbs
LG - Tyler Smith 6’6” 332lbs
C - Cooper Beebe 6’4” 335lbs
RG - Zack Martin 6’4” 315lbs
RT - Terrance Steele 6’6” 310lbs]

This screams physical running game which is must to reach the SB. Yeah I know someone will say “well look at this team that did it without a running game”. But they got there because they had a running game. MM’s talked about must run the ball in the past. Well, now he has the horses to do it. Will he? I sure hope so.
I should have mentioned our rivals in Philly...just as a comparison to the heights/weights of OUR so called road graders.

Philly:

LT: 6'8 365. (We're 43 ponds lighter)
LG: 6'6 332 ( oddly, a push)
C: 6'3"303. (We're 32 lbs heavier)
RG: 6'7" 363 (We're 48 lbs ligjter)
RT: 6'6 325 (all pro) We're 15 lbs lighter

So their starting 5 weigh 75 pounds more than our starting 5, and 3 inches taller as a group.

We are a bit bigger than giants and ski...commanders though

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I should have mentioned our rivals in Philly...just as a comparison to the heights/weights of OUR so called road graders.

Philly:

LT: 6'8 365. (We're 43 ponds lighter)
LG: 6'6 332 ( oddly, a push)
C: 6'3"303. (We're 32 lbs heavier)
RG: 6'7" 363 (We're 48 lbs ligjter)
RT: 6'6 325 (all pro) We're 15 lbs lighter

So their starting 5 weigh 75 pounds more than our starting 5, and 3 inches taller as a group.

We are a bit bigger than giants and ski...commanders though
Philly fan huh? That explains it.