Can Prescott be the main focus of the offense?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well some games like the 2nd Philly game and the giants game called for more passing so it doesn't show the entire picture. Go figure those where Daks biggest passing games too
I totally agree and that was my original point. It totally seems like there's more running than passing please more balancing innovation. Go Cowboys

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I simply have no longer expectations of failure when something goes a little bit backwards current the talent the camaraderie this is not the same old Cowboys. Youngest starting team in the league last season. If that doesn't set the ceiling I don't know what does

fansince68

Reaction score
No...not yet and maybe never....at this point he is just adequate in most areas but exceptional in none. He is a cog. Surround him with good coaching and talent and we will see.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Can Prescott be the main focus of the offense. Do we continue a run-heavy Smash Mouth objective. I for one would like to see more balance. Prescott 4th season coming up if he can't take over the offense now
Weve actually been one of the most balanced teams in the NFL since the 2014 Romo 2nd place finish in the MVP race season. That was proceeded with 3 straight seasons at a record of 8-8. So be careful what you ask for.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak’s career numbers without Zeke:
7 games
134 completions
211 attempts
63% completion
6.8 y/a
1436 yards
9 TDs
7ints
84 rating

Per game average:
19 completions
30 attempts
205 yards
1:1 TD/Int Ratio

Nav22

Reaction score
Nobody:

Cowboys Homers: hOw MAnY uV DoS GaMez WEre WitOut TyrON
I know it hurt you deep in your soul when Dak’s numbers showed that he was a top-10 QB last year after the Cooper trade.

32-16 with an average defense and a coaching staff that everyone says is terrible.

Your tears will taste FANTASTIC when Dak signs his lucrative new deal.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Lol...you never fail to amuse. When there is no argument, make one!

So its one of Newton's Laws of Motion that Dak Prescott "panics", even in the pocket?

That's moronic.

A QB that panics doesn't play college football, much less NFL football, much less start, much less have a winning record, much less go to two Pro Bowls in three years.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because Ezekiel Elliott seems to be the main focus. We run way more than we pass. .Does he really call the plays . or just execute the plays he's told to call
We actually don’t. We ran 439 times last year and passed 527 times. The numbers were much closer in 2017 with passing having a very slight edge, and they were also close in 2016 with running having a slight edge.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I know it hurt you deep in your soul when Dak’s numbers showed that he was a top-10 QB last year after the Cooper trade.

32-16 with an average defense and a coaching staff that everyone says is terrible.

Your tears will taste FANTASTIC when Dak signs his lucrative new deal.
What were his numbers the previous 16 games? Thats a whole season worth, so im not being selective.

Please tell me. Id love to know :rolleyes:

Kaiser

Reaction score
What were his numbers the previous 16 games? Thats a whole season worth, so im not being selective.

Yes it is. The first half of that is during the Zeke suspension when Alfred Morris was our "feature back" and the second half was the period where we had backup level players starting at WR1, WR2 and TE.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Yes it is. The first half of that is during the Zeke suspension when Alfred Morris was our "feature back" and the second half was the period where we had backup level players starting at WR1, WR2 and TE.
1. This is the reason why fans even have to ask the thread title. Why did his numbers dip so much when he was missing an all-pro

2. Alfred Morris was decent in Zeke’s absence. He averages more ypc than Zeke did and wouldve been on pace for 1100 yards

3. There were “backup level players” at WR bc thr front office mistakenly thought Dak was what you homers think he is. He isnt, which is why the answer to this thread is NO

Kaiser

Reaction score
2. Alfred Morris was decent in Zeke’s absence. He averages more ypc than Zeke did and wouldve been on pace for 1100 yards

He averaged 71 yards per game replacing Zeke, that 30 yards less than Zeke's average without Zeke's ability to catch and block.

And the YPC stat is nonsense because you are including one fluke 76 yard run earlier in the season that was mostly because of the OL.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He averaged 71 yards per game replacing Zeke, that 30 yards less than Zeke's average without Zeke's ability to catch and block.

And the YPC stat is nonsense because you are including one fluke 76 yard run earlier in the season that was mostly because of the OL.
71 yards per game over the entire season is 1136 yards which wouldve been good for 4th highest in the league. So youre basically telling me, Mr. $30m a year needs 100 rushing yards and multiple receptions from a back to put up not even good but decent numbers?

And wow, now we are taking away a great play by the RB to fit your agenda?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We actually don’t. We ran 439 times last year and passed 527 times. The numbers were much closer in 2017 with passing having a very slight edge, and they were also close in 2016 with running having a slight edge.
Go back and read the posts. I agree with you. But most of it came in the fourth quarter. And then against Philly and Giants. Make no mistake about it we need more balance throughout the entire game