Can someone explain this?

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
2 out of the 4 were in preseason of 2016.

The 2016 and 2014 seasons seem like yesterday.

*sigh*

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Great. Another Dak hate thread. The offseason sucks enough guys.
Do we need to marinate about this subject every damn day? Talk about beating a dead horse.

"Do we need to marinate about this subject every damn day?"
For a few guys around here the answer is yes.

"Talk about beating a dead horse."

Yeah really! Aren't there laws against cruelty to animals?

starcity214

Reaction score
Defenses stack the box , and hope that they force Prescott to throw the ball..

what other starting QB gets this level of disrespect from opposing defenses?!

That should tell you everything you need to know..

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I agree its become a dead horse big time! I disagree how you use the word "Hate" so loosely here and speaking for myself is NOT the case!
How can I or anyone else hate Dak not knowing him on a personal level. What we non-Dak believers HATE is his inept play at QB and what it has cost us in the Past and in the coming future. Our team has been revamped to meet the needs of Dak who no matter what changes are made will still lack the god given ability to lead us to glory!
Having fellow fans here avoid the acknowledgement of his flaw's and trying to sell us that he's the "ONE" for us for the next 10 years insults our Cowboy and Football intelligence and the Horse keeps getting beat on i guess.
We will find out soon enough if Dak is the franchise QB for us but one word of advice to our fellow Cowboy Dak believers....Have a bottle of Whiskey handy as it might be needed at some point during the coming season!!!!

Go Boys and may Doomsday one day return in full force!!!!
Doomsday will never return as long as the Jones's own this team. They would rather stockpile OL and then dumpster dive for DL. According to some fans though, it is more important having overpaid OL than skill players but I digress. Holding out hope for another Doomsday defense is a losing battle I am afraid.

The good news for those of us who are old enough to remember, is that we remember what it is like seeing our beloved Cowboys with one of the best defensive teams in football. Is it no coincidence that Dallas won championships ONLY when they had good or great defenses???? I feel sorry for the younger guys who never got to experience that.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
8-8.

I hate this “carry the team on their back” absolute nonsense.

Even Aaron Rodgers is absolutely amazing and he has only won, one Super Bowl so far. And that super bowl win came in the season when he actually had a very good defense........... coincidence??????

No QB carries a bad team to a championship on their back. I would like for one person to name the QB who has.
TOM BRADY!!!!!

starcity214

Reaction score
Doomsday will never return as long as the Jones's own this team. They would rather stockpile OL and then dumpster dive for DL. According to some fans though, it is more important having overpaid OL than skill players but I digress. Holding out hope for another Doomsday defense is a losing battle I am afraid.

Hey now , we need All Pros across the line or else we won't be Dak friendly!

That way , Dak can dink and dunk his way to a 70% completion games with under 200 yards passing and no TDs with a high QBR (While going 3 and out for most of the game) while our scrubs on D get tired from constantly being on the field and get exposed..

It's a win win..

Our scrubs on D get blamed while our "he had a good game QBR" Quarterback gets off the hook..

What's not to like?

GenoT

Reaction score
Exactly..... Why tho? What’s the reason they hate this young man so much they refuse to admit to being wrong even when there’s visual evidence to prove it?
Because Dak doesn’t walk on water like Tony Romo did.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score

That way , Dak can dink and dunk his way to a 70% completion games with under 200 yards passing and no TDs with a high QBR (While going 3 and out for most of the game) while our scrubs on D get tired from constantly being on the field and get exposed..

It's a win win..

Our scrubs on D get blamed while our "he had a good game QBR" Quarterback gets off the hook..

What's not to like?
Of course, how silly of me to forget. Thanks for the reminder. I feel better now.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It's not hate. You throw that term around too loose. It's "Constructive criticism" it' your fanboy love that gets you angry whenever you hear any criticism.

It's not constructive. You throw that term around too loose.
Legitimate criticism is one thing, and it has it's place. Some of that criticism is legitimate, but the constant barrage of hateful criticism spewed by a few is way over the top.

I remember back when Tony Romo was the target of the same type of hateful non-constructive criticism.
There were those who absolutely hated him because he wore his cap backwards and they harped on it for years.
They blamed a lost playoff game on Romo going to Cabo and they harped on it for years.
Every bad game or mistake Romo made, the hate was spewed over and over by his enemies.

So it's no surprise when Dak gets targeted for the same kind of treatment.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score

The good news for those of us who are old enough to remember, is that we remember what it is like seeing our beloved Cowboys with one of the best defensive teams in football. Is it no coincidence that Dallas won championships ONLY when they had good or great defenses???? I feel sorry for the younger guys who never got to experience that.
We have won exactly zero super bowls w/o a great DLine.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yep very true and very SAD as the young ones are being sold paper fantasy championships thinking stockpiling Cap Fat Offlineman is the road to glory. I fear our defense this year will be one of the worst in the NFL as the talent base is either terrible or young and inexperienced.
They have sold them on the Draft and they will grow baby but unless we go out and pick up some Stud Defensive players thru trades or Fa pool we are doomed for more misery ......Yes Jerry you can sell ice to the Eskimos.....

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's a win win..

What's not to like?

With Dak at the helm we are slowly but surely turning into a failed College team.....Dak-extinction will kill the best we might have to offer roster wise......and Poor Zeke poor Zeke who will get burned to toast due to over usage cause our QB STINKS!

waving monkey

Reaction score
We have gathered a quality assortment of defensive line players.
It's not there yet but no team is complete anymore.
We're close as long as we keep our own players
were looking good

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have won exactly zero super bowls w/o a great DLine.

Exactkt!!!..Bob Lilly and doomsday which held Miami 1972 to one FG our first SB win.
1978 vrs Broncos with Harvey Martin,Ed too tall Jones, Randy White named most valuable players in our 2nd SB win.
92-95 Once Charles Haley came aboard for a no 2 and no 3 pick we added 3 Superbowl rings total=5

And here's some Charles Haley ...we should be spending 90 million on one of these

Last edited: