Can the Cowboys afford any 40M QB?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Then get the hell out of it if you don't want to hang out in Prescott threads. Is your purpose to point out how many threads there are about a football team's QB not under contract?

It is only concerning him because he is the QB wanting 40M. If this was another QB, the thread would be the same, about this team making a mistake, again, with allocating too much money to the O side of the ball with the worst D in the league.

And this is the same on the D. They over paid those supposed "Hot, Punks", I mean Boyz.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You're dreaming if you think at any time Brady thought that he would get replaced by Garoppolo or any other QB. Brady was already called the GOAT and Kraft would look EXTREMELY silly if he moved on from the goat. Kraft is known for letting a player go a year early rather than a year late but none of those players were considered the goat at their position either. I'm not going to keep going around and around with you on this. You believe what you want and I'll do the same. Don't bother to reply I'll just ignore it.

lol...you make an argument then don't let the other side respond because you will ignore it? That is what a loser in a debate does when he is losing.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Then get the hell out of it if you don't want to hang out in Prescott threads. Is your purpose to point out how many threads there are about a football team's QB not under contract?

It is only concerning him because he is the QB wanting 40M. If this was another QB, the thread would be the same, about this team making a mistake, again, with allocating too much money to the O side of the ball with the worst D in the league.

I was happy just making my original comment and had no intention of making any more here until you decided you didn't like it that someone thought it was dumb to make another Prescott thread.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're dreaming if you think at any time Brady thought that he would get replaced by Garoppolo or any other QB. Brady was already called the GOAT and Kraft would look EXTREMELY silly if he moved on from the goat. Kraft is known for letting a player go a year early rather than a year late but none of those players were considered the goat at their position either. I'm not going to keep going around and around with you on this. You believe what you want and I'll do the same. Don't bother to reply I'll just ignore it.
OK, this is for everybody else not ignoring me.

Kraft had little to do with it because he let the GOAT HC make the decisions for him and Belichick has no loyalty to any player when it comes to running his team. He had history of singling out Brady for mistakes to show the others no one is above the law. He would trade any player and proved that with pb players Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins trading them at the height of their career and emerging star status.

To Belichick it's not about players, it is about his formula for a team competing in a sport with a hard cap. Hard cap, no soft heart. He watched how the Niners handled the cap as well as the Cowboys and he knew falling in love with the players, even a GOAT, was detrimental to the team.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great. And that includes the Tag which is 37.7.
It won’t be less than 35.

I’m assuming you don’t think they’ll sign him at all.
Tag counts only if he plays and is not traded.
Have fun on your 30-day vacation away from Rockport and his friends.....:eek:

Jimbo69

Reaction score
I really have a problem with paying Dak. Reason is this team is nowhere near good enough. The East is at the moment a poor division and we havent won it in a couple Heck we've won it 3 times in the last decade. We all know the story of our pathetic post season history over the last quarter century. People say pay him and draft well, that's easier said than done. Our defensive drafts over that last few years have been poor. Also if we give Dak his 40m 4 year deal CZ will be back discussing Dak' s new 60m or 70m deal in three years time. Daks new deal will coincide with the new TV deal, do we as a team continue to saddle ourselves with another huge salary at QB, because I dont need to be a fortune teller to tell you a SB appearance in the next few years is a big long shot.
We spend approx 2 to 1 on offence and that's before Daks contract. It's crazy. Cant win with that split.
See if we can get something for Dak and draft a QB whilst we still have some kind of OL. Spend money this year on defence in a FA season which for any team with cash to spend is going to get very good value. Use the draft picks on the best players available to plug holes.
And cross our fingers, whatever happens it will be more interesting than 8-8 or one and done in the play offs.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Kraft had little to do with it because he let the GOAT HC make the decisions for him and Belichick has no loyalty to any player when it comes to running his team. He had history of singling out Brady for mistakes to show the others no one is above the law. He would trade any player and proved that with pb players Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins trading them at the height of their career and emerging star status.

To Belichick it's not about players, it is about his formula for a team competing in a sport with a hard cap. Hard cap, no soft heart. He watched how the Niners handled the cap as well as the Cowboys and he knew falling in love with the players, even a GOAT, was detrimental to the team.

And then there is JJ.

When Belichick and coach Jimma, got together they talked about not drafting dumb players. And when I heard that some on the defense could not grasp a new concept, yeah, them be dumb players. Those guys on the defense are there for the fame and the money, and once they got, all show and nothing else. That is another misuse of the salary cap, and now JJ wants to repeat that same mistake? Dumb! If Jerry caves and spends his money on just one player again and lets the others eat hotdogs, the team will suck until that contract expires.

No Soup or SuperBowl for you!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really have a problem with paying Dak. Reason is this team is nowhere near good enough. The East is at the moment a poor division and we havent won it in a couple Heck we've won it 3 times in the last decade. We all know the story of our pathetic post season history over the last quarter century. People say pay him and draft well, that's easier said than done. Our defensive drafts over that last few years have been poor. Also if we give Dak his 40m 4 year deal CZ will be back discussing Dak' s new 60m or 70m deal in three years time. Daks new deal will coincide with the new TV deal, do we as a team continue to saddle ourselves with another huge salary at QB, because I dont need to be a fortune teller to tell you a SB appearance in the next few years is a big long shot.
We spend approx 2 to 1 on offence and that's before Daks contract. It's crazy. Cant win with that split.
See if we can get something for Dak and draft a QB whilst we still have some kind of OL. Spend money this year on defence in a FA season which for any team with cash to spend is going to get very good value. Use the draft picks on the best players available to plug holes.
And cross our fingers, whatever happens it will be more interesting than 8-8 or one and done in the play offs.
My reality is we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Mistakes have already been made that are hamstringing this team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's hypothetical. I hate hypothetical threads. Nothing can be proven, it's all speculative and before you know it, ego gets involved. No thank you.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
My reality is we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Mistakes have already been made that are hamstringing this team.

That's true but we need to shake things up, sooner rather than later.,I'd like to see the Boys in another SB. Not happening in this eternal status quo.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has always over-valued the RB and WR positions. We didn’t need to make Zeke the highest paid RB ever, nor did we need to re-sign Amari Cooper to a fat contract. Cooper’s an excellent player but it hasn’t translated into much- the team is 21-19 with Cooper and in 3 seasons only made the playoffs once. Zeke is a shadow of what he once was.

The cap issues are there. But they didn’t have to be as bad as they are.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
The Cowboys "Brain Trust" should pay close attention to the drama going on in Houston & Seattle.; QB's Deshaun Watson & Russell Wilson have deals that pay them over $35million a season. Each player has publicly expressed their dissatisfaction with the lack of talent around them, and each has also questioned the decisions made by their front office regarding personnel and structure of the Team. In short, it's very difficult to manage a salary cap when you have one player accounting for 20% of money you can spend. I would hate to see Dak get what he wants, then 2 years later complain about no offensive line, no receivers, RB's and so on. I do like Dak as our QB, but I feel he's gotten bad advice in this contract situation. He's not worth any where near $40 million.. Cowboys must hold firm and not give in..

Diehardblues

Reaction score

It’s still to be determined if letting Brady was a good move. I’d say from the onset if hasn’t been yet. But to each their own I guess. Lol

Let’s see. First losing season in 20 years versus a 7th ring for the other guy. Great formula :)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys "Brain Trust" should pay close attention to the drama going on in Houston & Seattle.; QB's Deshaun Watson & Russell Wilson have deals that pay them over $35million a season. Each player has publicly expressed their dissatisfaction with the lack of talent around them, and each has also questioned the decisions made by their front office regarding personnel and structure of the Team. In short, it's very difficult to manage a salary cap when you have one player accounting for 20% of money you can spend. I would hate to see Dak get what he wants, then 2 years later complain about no offensive line, no receivers, RB's and so on. I do like Dak as our QB, but I feel he's gotten bad advice in this contract situation. He's not worth any where near $40 million.. Cowboys must hold firm and not give in..
40 million is just a number. In a couple years it will be like 30 million this year. Don’t let a few million sway your decision if you believe he’s your guy.

Now if you’re not sold on him then you move on. How do you think our ownership views him?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry has always over-valued the RB and WR positions. We didn’t need to make Zeke the highest paid RB ever, nor did we need to re-sign Amari Cooper to a fat contract. Cooper’s an excellent player but it hasn’t translated into much- the team is 21-19 with Cooper and in 3 seasons only made the playoffs once. Zeke is a shadow of what he once was.

The cap issues are there. But they didn’t have to be as bad as they are.
Jethro still believes the Triplets won those championships. And the stars sell jerseys, attracts fantasy fans , national interest and puts butts in the seats.

He also signed them because he believed that Dak needed them. And I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t sign Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's hypothetical. I hate hypothetical threads. Nothing can be proven, it's all speculative and before you know it, ego gets involved. No thank you.
Hypothetical is basically the basis for fan forum discussions, especially off season.

What else is there to discuss ? Except the weather in Texas .