Can The NFL Fans Do A No-Show One Week To Send a Message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
But, you can't speak for the people who will be born after this and who will look back on it, like people born after the civil rights movement look on it's impact on history.
Meanwhile you are trying to speak for the people who will be born after this. That's okay, I'm very use to people of your ilk taking liberties to assume how things will progress but do not extend that courtesy to those they disagree with.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Colin Kaepernick's own words: I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color.

So it is about his hate for a country that gave him everything. Meanwhile he wears a pro- Fidel Castro shirt, further polluting his already misguided message.

colin-kaepernick-castro-t-shirt-807x452.jpg

A) You are doubling down on your race war take.
B) He doesn't say hate anywhere there.
C) It is interesting how you go to lengths to be outraged. Fixating on Kaepernick is adorable though.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Meanwhile you are trying to speak for the people who will be born after this. That's okay, I'm very use to people of your ilk taking liberties to assume how things will progress but do not extend that courtesy to those they disagree with.

The point is that the the Montgomery Bus Boycott and the March on Washington were even less popular than the NFL protest. We get that you are going to wishcast but history is what it is. And of course the younger generations are much more egalitarian than the older.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

I don't know for sure which was why I added 'Only time will tell."

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A) You are doubling down on your race war take.
B) He doesn't say hate anywhere there.
C) It is interesting how you go to lengths to be outraged. Fixating on Kaepernick is adorable though.
A) I am being consistent
B) "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country..." that is hate for this country.
C) I only counter punch.

You fixating on me is adorable. :p

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Meanwhile you keep moving the goalposts desperately making any excuse you can think of.

And you did not even read what I quoted about LEOBOR laws. No one is saying they should not get due process. What is being said is they should not get special rights during legal proceedings that citizens do not enjoy.

The article says nothing about Krawetz’s chief wanting him gone after the first conviction (which was for misdemeanor assault which could mean anything). And in the end, Krawetz lost his job.

The other 3 officers mentioned in the other article also lost their job.

Police officers get these ‘special rights’ because their job comes with inherent risks and special situations. And these ‘special rights’ were negotiated upon by the government and their Policeman’s Benevolent Association.

The goalposts have been solidified in their position, it’s just your scope is so completely off that you can’t comprehend your own inaccurate delusions.

YR

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The point is that the the Montgomery Bus Boycott and the March on Washington were even less popular than the NFL protest. We get that you are going to wishcast but history is what it is. And of course the younger generations are much more egalitarian than the older.
The NFL protest is too deluded now, not about one succinct thing like the Montgomery Bus Boycott.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The article says nothing about Krawetz’s chief wanting him gone after the first conviction (which was for misdemeanor assault which could mean anything). And in the end, Krawetz lost his job.

The other 3 officers mentioned in the other article also lost their job.

Police officers get these ‘special rights’ because their job comes with inherent risks and special situations. And these ‘special rights’ were negotiated upon by the government and their Policeman’s Benevolent Association.

The goalposts have been solidified in their position, it’s just your scope is so completely off that you can’t comprehend your own inaccurate delusions.

First of all yes it does say that. Keep scrolling down the page or use ctrl-F. I even quoted the salient portion. You need to work on your reading skills.

And again you are missing the point. The cops mentioned were finally convicted outside of their jurisdictions and it had not been there first assaults. There were many more than 3 cases too.

And no one is arguing that the police unions did not lobby hard for LEOBOR laws. I was talking about equal protection issues which you repeatedly dodge.

And you are desperately trying to win a point of fact as if it is a trump card and ignoring the larger context. All I really am getting from you is you did not read the article I posted in the first place past a paragraph where you furiously started googling. The following paragraphs are where they start talking about police unions and their role.

BTW what is your take on teacher's unions?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't know what this has to do with anything.

Lemme guess....they racist, too?

YR

Where have I mentioned race once in our discussion? It's noted you've dropped most of my arguments to build strawmen.

We are discussing police unions if you cannot fathom how a different type of union is relevant that is just poor critical thinking skills.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
We are discussing police unions if you cannot fathom how a different type of union is relevant that is just poor critical thinking skills.

Not all unions are the same.

That's why I fail to see the relevancy.

What do you think of the union that PGA Tour players have?

How about electrical workers union?

Or the unions for workers at federal parks?

What do you think of Union, New Jersey?

Good grief.

YR

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yay! Freedom March. Am I to assume you are talking about the one in 1963?

I didn't think it would be that hard to figure out. My apologies. Yes the MArch that MLK organized just like he organized the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Neither were as simple as you claim.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not all unions are the same.

That's why I fail to see the relevancy.

What do you think of the union that PGA Tour players have?

How about electrical workers union?

Or the unions for workers at federal parks?

What do you think of Union, New Jersey?

Good grief.

YR

That is why I mentioned a union that represents government employees. The unions for park rangers falls under law enforcement.

Do you support any other government employee union other than police unions?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I didn't think it would be that hard to figure out. My apologies. Yes the MArch that MLK organized just like he organized the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Neither were as simple as you claim.
Did I make claims either was simple? Somehow you want to fight when I only want to converse.

Status
Not open for further replies.