Can The NFL Fans Do A No-Show One Week To Send a Message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Did I make claims either was simple? Somehow you want to fight when I only want to converse.

The NFL protest is too deluded now, not about one succinct thing like the Montgomery Bus Boycott.

Yes unless you don't think something brief and singular is simple. Nevermind the boycott went on for years.

I like to argue. You don't understand the difference between arguing and fighting. Must be a struggle for you to resolve things with others.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
That is why I mentioned a union that represents government employees. The unions for park rangers falls under law enforcement.

Do you support any other government employee union other than police unions?

I support the Postal Union, Utility Workers Union just to name a few.

YR

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I support the Postal Union, Utility Workers Union just to name a few.

YR

Fair enough. Many conservatives are rabidly anti-union with the exception of police unions.

Personally I make a distinction between public employee unions and private enterprise unions. There is an inherent conflict of interest with the former in dealings with the state. I think that is most egregious with regards to that dynamic are police unions and their extra rights over citizens for police.

lopey

Reaction score
I would imagine being a racist in this day in time is it's own curse. We should not "thought police" it away from individuals, it is their right to think as they choose. The German ****'s "thought policed" their ideology by sending people to camp for reprogramming. Sounds like you would have racist reprogrammed because their thoughts on race differ from yours and mine.
WOW just WOW....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes unless you don't think something brief and singular is simple. Nevermind the boycott went on for years.

I like to argue. You don't understand the difference between arguing and fighting. Must be a struggle for you to resolve things with others.
Calculus is concerned with limits, differentiation and integration of functions but it is succinctly math... not simple.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Calculus is concerned with limits, differentiation and integration of functions but it is succinctly math... not simple.

And again you are arguing a point of fact and ignoring the bigger picture. You also said singular. Calculus is not singular. You cannot take one without the other given how you phrased what you said.

The montgomery bus boycott was about much more than the colored section on a buses in Montgomery.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And again you are arguing a point of fact and ignoring the bigger picture. You also said singular. Calculus is not singular. You cannot take one without the other given how you phrased what you said.

The montgomery bus boycott was about much more than the colored section on a buses in Montgomery.
I didn't say "singular".

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
So you want to go round up all the racist so they can be taught to not be racist?

No one is saying that you are not entitled to your opinion and given that I have read you write that freedom of speech does not preclude one from societal consequences in the context of what NFL players are saying then I do not see how it would be any different elsewhere.

If you want your safe space then don't talk about this issue in public forums. No one is going into your home without your consent.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No one is saying that you are not entitled to your opinion and given that I have read you write that freedom of speech does not preclude one from societal consequences in the context of what NFL players are saying then I do not see how it would be any different elsewhere.

If you want your safe space then don't talk about this issue in public forums. No one is going into your home without your consent.
You must have me confused with someone else, Fuzzy.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What is your take on college safe spaces?
Didn't have them when I was in college. I think they defeat the purpose of college which is to be challenged by differing views and figure out what makes sense to you rather than being force fed one ideology.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not when it is in quotation marks. Quotation marks means that was my exact words.

It could mean that or it could be that I am isolating words in determining their meaning.

Regardless the Montgomery boycott was not one succinct thing. I am not going to get mired in a meaningless point of fact.

The bottomline which you tried to divert from is that the boycott and the march in question were more unpopular when they occurred.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Didn't have them when I was in college. I think they defeat the purpose of college which is to be challenged by differing views and figure out what makes sense to you rather than being force fed one ideology.

So why do you want a safe space where your views and ideology cannot be challenged?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Maybe some education on the subject may change some peoples views on race.
I'm not against the subject at school. But once adults have made up their minds you can not force feed them ideology. You wouldn't want Trump to come reeducate you into his thinking.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It could mean that or it could be that I am isolating words in determining their meaning.

Regardless the Montgomery boycott was not one succinct thing. I am not going to get mired in a meaningless point of fact.

The bottomline which you tried to divert from is that the boycott and the march in question were more unpopular when they occurred.
Less popular by whose recollection?

Status
Not open for further replies.