Can The NFL Fans Do A No-Show One Week To Send a Message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Fair enough. Many conservatives are rabidly anti-union with the exception of police unions.

That's your first mistake.

I'm not conservative.

I'm not liberal.

And I'm not liberatarian

Personally I make a distinction between public employee unions and private enterprise unions. There is an inherent conflict of interest with the former in dealings with the state. I think that is most egregious with regards to that dynamic are police unions and their extra rights over citizens for police.

I take unions on a case-by-case basis. For instance, the Utility Workers Union consists of men and women working very dangerous jobs and with conditions such as storms, etc. they can easily be pressured into situations that will unfairly risk their life.

To my knowledge, teachers unions are different by state and thus can have different contracts. I'm a bit familiar with NY State's teacher's union and I can say I wasn't a fan of it. Of course, I'm against many of the things that the state of NY does from an education perspective.

YR

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That's your first mistake.

I'm not conservative.

I'm not liberal.

And I'm not liberatarian

I take unions on a case-by-case basis. For instance, the Utility Workers Union consists of men and women working very dangerous jobs and with conditions such as storms, etc. they can easily be pressured into situations that will unfairly risk their life.

To my knowledge, teachers unions are different by state and thus can have different contracts. I'm a bit familiar with NY State's teacher's union and I can say I wasn't a fan of it. Of course, I'm against many of the things that the state of NY does from an education perspective.

YR

Libertarians are decidedly anti-government union too for what should be obvious reasons.

BTW the article I initially quoted and you discounted out of hand was from Reason, a top libertarian periodical.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Could have fooled me. You have accused "liberals" of doing just that.
Let's clarify then.... If you want to want to try to explain your ideology to me in an effort to convert me, fine as long it is on our own time... like here for example.

But when it is a state sponsored class on why Conservatism is superior to any other ideology, I have a problem with that. The same goes with a state sponsored class on why any ideology is better.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Let's clarify then.... If you want to want to try to explain your ideology to me in an effort to convert me, fine as long it is on our own time... like here for example.

But when it is a state sponsored class on why Conservatism is superior to any other ideology, I have a problem with that. The same goes with a state sponsored class on why any ideology is better.

You mean like school prayer?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Libertarians are decidedly anti-government union too for what should be obvious reasons.

BTW the article I initially quoted and you discounted out of hand was from Reason, a top libertarian periodical.

I don't care either way. I'm not liberatarian.

I think it's all BS to make those in the politics game and political pundits more money. And I find it to be the failure of human beings to happen to find ways to agree with every single belief that a certain political party has.

I'd rather be nuanced in my thought and avoid any zero tolerance type of thought.

YR

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't care either way. I'm not liberatarian.

I think it's all BS to make those in the politics game and political pundits more money. And I find it to be the failure of human beings to happen to find ways to agree with every single belief that a certain political party has.

I'd rather be nuanced in my thought and avoid any zero tolerance type of thought.

YR

People that claim to be independent almost always end up being more ideologically extreme than people who accept a label.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Was that your experience? I was allowed to go in the hallway with headphones.

In Texas. Yup.

Then of course there is putting the creation story into Texas textbooks. Did you know that there are groups in India that have Indian textbooks say that it was Brahma and not the Wright Brothers who invented flight because Brahman gods flew on flying elephants in the Gita?

I always thought that was delicious context.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In Texas. Yup.

Then of course there is putting the creation story into Texas textbooks. Did you know that there are groups in India that have Indian textbooks say that it was Brahma and not the Wright Brothers who invented flight because Brahman gods flew on flying elephants in the Gita?

I always thought that was delicious context.
Thanks, I did not know that. I was taught Columbus discovered America but now I'm told it was the Vikings. I was also taught we have 9 planets in the Milkyway galaxy but now I hear there are more beyond Pluto.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Kaep's message of hate for a country that gave him everything is not going to reverberate into anything but a country in civil war if it continues. You are so caught up in trying to insult me you don't see your own misguided ignorance.

You took the race bait the Western Journal is feeding you like a baby bird getting regurgitated its meal by momma.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You took the race bait the Western Journal is feeding you like a baby bird getting regurgitated its meal by momma.
You've obviously never read anything from the Western Journal. If I wanted to be fed race baiting drivel, I need not go any further than read your posts. ;)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You've obviously never read anything from the Western Journal. If I wanted to be fed race baiting drivel, I need not go any further than read your posts. ;)

You're right, the first time I heard of it was when you tried to source it as a legitimate reference.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Just a little thought here, directed at nobody in particular - I never won an argument by insulting someone or lost one by being insulted.

Status
Not open for further replies.