Can we be smart like Ravens if Lamb doesn't step up?

jwitten82

Reaction score
I have not read through all the posts yet.

So….
Just wait until Dak is back and CeeDee takes off and plays like a #1 WR.
Then what? What will the complaints then? :laugh::popcorn:
He hasn't really taken off with Dak, why would this time be different? I'm not blaming that on Dak either, just CD is a number 1 receiver

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Please of the love of all that is holy, Stop posting stupid things.
Dallas had the top-rated offense in football. They got the ball to the WRs plenty. Dallas had a phenomenal WQ corps and used them all.

Cooper is definitely overpaid. Thats why he only brought an R5 pick. Good player for sure but also for sure NOT worth 60M over 3 years.

CLE has played 3 teams without a QB(Baker, Mitch and Joe Flacco) and been very solid versus those bottom of the league type teams.
Check in on Amari in about 5 weeks.

You are right....Dallas did have a top rated offense these past few years. Why? Because they had an elite player at the wr position that warranted much attention by defenses.

And you're right, they did use all their wrs....why were they able to do this effectively? Because an elite wr allows other 2nd, 3rd, 4th wrs more favorable matchups. Easier reads and throws for the QB. It also backs off the DBs and its harder for defenses to crowd the LOS.

I get why Amari was overpaid in the eyes of some. The team did not use him the way say Arizona uses Hopkins etc. But look now at how the cowboys offense has performed under QB 1 in the 2021 season opener versus the 2022 season opener. It's night and day difference.

All I'm saying is that perhaps it is the QB who is overpaid and that #19 was the catalyst that allowed the OC to open up this offense!

Cleveland playing teams with poor offenses has no relevance to Cleveland playing offense. Watch cooper continue to produce......

Adreme

Reaction score
The Ravens getting a 1 for Brown was a very lucky set of circumstances that would have only happened for that player and that team. The Cardinals needed a WR and Brown was Murray's old teammate which boosted his value so the Ravens got them to overpay and got what seems to be a very good rookie C for Brown.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yall have to give it time

Even Dez didnt put it all together until the second half of his 3rd season.

I remember reading here, right on this site, that there were rumblings in the front office that Dez was a disaster up until that point
I think that was alot of fans wired for knee jerk reactions. I remember early year 3 he ran a bad route that was a pick and people were calling him a bust. He would have had 1000 yards his second season if he didnt get hurt.

But your point is accurate

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You are right....Dallas did have a top rated offense these past few years. Why? Because they had an elite player at the wr position that warranted much attention by defenses.

And you're right, they did use all their wrs....why were they able to do this effectively? Because an elite wr allows other 2nd, 3rd, 4th wrs more favorable matchups. Easier reads and throws for the QB. It also backs off the DBs and its harder for defenses to crowd the LOS.

I get why Amari was overpaid in the eyes of some. The team did not use him the way say Arizona uses Hopkins etc. But look now at how the cowboys offense has performed under QB 1 in the 2021 season opener versus the 2022 season opener. It's night and day difference.

All I'm saying is that perhaps it is the QB who is overpaid and that #19 was the catalyst that allowed the OC to open up this offense!

Cleveland playing teams with poor offenses has no relevance to Cleveland playing offense. Watch cooper continue to produce......
What you are saying is untrue and looking to blame others based on an agenda that is goofy.
That's the issue.
CeeDee Lamb is drawing a ton of coverage and he is all of 10 yards per game behind Amari this year.
The Dallas offense didn't produce week 1 with a shattered OL versus a great Tampa D. --ranked 1st by a wide margin.
They've improved that OL and faced lesser defenses and the WRs look fine. Not great but fine. And they get Gallup back soon then potentially James Washington.

The QB is paid less relative to his position than Amari Cooper is.
And the QB is about 8th best and paid at 8th best pay.

Cooper's contract issue is that is a REAL 3 year 60M deal. That's more than Hopkins(3 years 54M) and just less than Stephon Diggs(3 years and 66M).
It is top 5 REAL money over the 3 year period.
He's a good WR who runs amazing routes and has developed rock solid hands.
But he doesn't break many plays anymore. His yards after catch have fallen off a cliff.
His TDs scored has never been elite but has fallen off even plus numbers.
And last year he sat a lot of practices as he has battled plantar fasciitis much of his career.
He's an average WR1. Those types of guys make 15-16M a year with 2-3M of that being fluff.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Totally agree with u my friend. I'm as guilty of being emotional as anyone. In my comment I was referring to Lamb and his lack of concentration at some critical points in the game. I'll blame it on growing pains as he is just at the beginning of his second season and he has shown 'all world' talent on occasion. The 'nose wipe' has got to go though in my opinion.
Cheers

i agree with you GR----Lamb totally sucked on that play and its all on him.....he needs to learn to take proper punishement when you drop the easiest pass i have ever seen?......we are fans we dont get paid millions

so we take our pound of flesh.....nature of fan-hood

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, that's my boy Diego and thanks for the comp. Love him to death. My best pal. He's a 5 years old Dogo Argentino and is a 60 klg. bundle of love and terror depending on situation. I hope I'm as fortunate as you to have him for 15 years. Best wishes for you and your beautiful Morkie.

GR--- Diego will live long time...and no doubt he is a Cowboy fan through and through

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be honest he's been a disappointment this far in to the year. I will say how he laughed off the drop a gimme to the public was not a fan, maybe some natural bias there, he has yet to prove he was our best receiver, I still don't get the Cooper dilemma besides politics. If he just contributes like he has, I say we trade him and turn the wheel and get a first round cheap wr next year, unless he shows us something substantially more.
If he doesn't "step up" then his trade value will not be high.

The Cowboys are playing as a team more than they ever did in the Garrett era. Cooper was not a team player.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To be honest he's been a disappointment this far in to the year. I will say how he laughed off the drop a gimme to the public was not a fan, maybe some natural bias there, he has yet to prove he was our best receiver, I still don't get the Cooper dilemma besides politics. If he just contributes like he has, I say we trade him and turn the wheel and get a first round cheap wr next year, unless he shows us something substantially more.

i understand your frustration...totally ticked me off when he smiled after dropping easiest pass of all time.....but lets give him time....he did not melt down he came back and made an all-pro one handed catch

i am frustrated we dont give Noah Brown enough Props....he played so studly last few games....he is strong he will get position on any defender and can block like a tank and far better receiver than given

credit....Tolbert is the one i am close to vomiting over....time to put some fan-boos at him and see if he rises up to challenge

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The Cowboys are playing as a team more than they ever did in the Garrett era. Cooper was not a team player.

xwalker---so make prediction of game today against Commanders...that is right i still call them Commanders?....close game?...we lose?...we win? we put beatdown?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

wow the program would not even let me call Washington by their old names...it auto-corrected to Football Team

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To give us a first for him when he drops the ball so much would be surprising to me. I'd start my offer off at a 3rd! That could turn into a 2nd based on how many catches etc he catches or whatever

He hasn't lived up to the hype maybe he's just always going to be a number 2, he needs someone else to take the pressure off

i was real upset at that laugh too...and he dropped easiest pass of all time....but then came back with all-pro one handed catch....so me still love me some CD

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

There are a couple of things which always entertain me.

The mic'd sidelines.
Trolling the nation
And fans jumping to conclusions and making posts about jettisoning a player, then the player steps up.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who said the Ravens were smart trading Brown?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
looks like i pooch i would not mess with???

Depends. She knows her place. When im around she knows ive got things. Shes calm, no leash required etc. But if its just my kids or woman walking her, then she tends to request a few feet of space.