Can we discuss Maher?

Toro9

Reaction score
Typical kicker. When have ONE job, it gets magnified. Lose focus and your *****.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I think you bring in two kickers ASAP and see how Maher handles kicking during the week.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Idk. Itll
Be hard to trust him next week.

It was the worst kicker choke job I’ve ever seen to be honest.
I always thought Lin Elliot would be hard to top, but this might. He missed 3 FGs in what ultimately ended up a 10-7 loss in the divisional round for a 13-3 Chiefs team. Pretty sure he received death threats over it.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
Just mentally he collapsed this game. It was so bad it’s almost comical… I think you just have to hope it goes away for the next game and he’s back to normal for SF.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
His first playoff game as well. Thankfully, he nailed the 3rd one down the middle. That will calm him down. I’m not worried about him as he weathered it and will never be that bad again.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Too late in season to make a move . Might be practicing those 2 point conversions all week .
I still have confidence in a guy who was money all season .

Silverz1972

Reaction score
2a91333132d9e944a2ff3ebc69e98909.jpg

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
i hope he misses 6 extra points next week. and 7, the week after that.
Ha, you got me for a sec with this one, I was yelling (inside my head) "This guy must be a troll!"....And then I was like "oh wait"....yea 36 and 42 I would hope is enough to win lol.....Of course we would all have to really question McCarthy's sanity at that point, to keep allowing him to even try XPs......

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Maybe he was using the markers the NFL warned officials about? Lol

That was an awful game for him, I hope he can come back from that, but if I'm the Cowboys I'm bringing in some guys this week and if he's struggling in practice you may have to make a move. Kickers are an interesting breed that once that doubt sets in it really messes up your motion.

It's remarkable how 1 bad game can overshadow all the good things throughout the season.

flyinghorse

Reaction score
Ingrown toenail…..I’ve had one…..hurts like hell……no way you can kick field goals with one of those.
Takes a month for em to heal after you have em fixed……
Anybody on here good at kicking a football BETWEEN goal post??

Pass2Run

Reaction score
McCarthy had a kicker in the past who missed 5 FGs in a game.

He went back to him the next game for a 41 yard game-winner....

lukemartin79

Reaction score
ESPN tweet said he’s the first kicker to miss 4 PATs in a regular season or post season game since 1932.

1932 is when NFL statistics started being recorded. He’s the 1st in history.
Don't forget that since 2015 they have been 13 yards longer. They were truly chip shots before then, now they are 33 yards. Still should be made, but hard to compare them now to before 2015. So that 1932 thing doesn't mean anything really

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Concerning... yes! We are probably going to have to keep him and also use a roster spot for a back-up kicker in the next game just in case.

Edit:
On the other side, lets say we replace him and he is kicked off the team. Does he still deserve/win a SB ring if we somehow win it all?
This is not even a question, OF COURSE he would deserve a ring! He has been a major part of alot of our wins in the regular season.

At least Maher can hang his hat on his 60+ yarders whenever people bring up tonights 4 XP misses.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Your team message all year is resilience. Believe in your guy. Stand behind him. Support him. Keep sending him out there.

Cutting him undermines what you have been preaching. You get tested on what you teach on: walk the talk.

Back Maher and watch him nail a clutch kick for us next week.

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s similar to his first go around here. Couldn’t make the easy ones but nailed the long ones. Having said that I still think he’s going to make a huge kick we need soon