Can we discuss Maher?

Flamma

Reaction score
Idk. Itll
Be hard to trust him next week.

It was the worst kicker choke job I’ve ever seen to be honest.
What I couldn't understand is when he missed the first two from the left hash, why the hell is he still kicking it from there? Put it in the center or right hash. You need a reset.

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
The guy goes from Mr Automatic to having a very bad case of the Yips.....gotta bring in another kicker this week

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Don’t know what the heck happened just hope it’s not something in his head. The funk he was in was painful to watch. Thankfully it didn’t cost us the game.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
One of the most bizarre turnarounds(for the bad) that I have witnessed in all my years of watching ball.

After being so money for the whole year...

Truly a head scratcher.
I've never seen anything like it.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Typical kicker. When have ONE job, it gets magnified. Lose focus and your *****.
Typical of anyone really.

Once a person lets doubt creep into their head, they're finished unless they have the mental fortitude to overcome it. Not everyone can do this.

I believe once he missed the first one, he got into his own head. Realizing millions were watching him, and only him. Once he missed the second I would bet he was hoping we didn't need to score again.

I felt bad for the guy. I know he gets paid very well to do what he does, but it was hard not to feel bad for him.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Will mostly come back to haunt us when we desperately need 3 points.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Man, that was freaking brutal watching that. I dont think I have ever seen a kicker miss that many XPs in one game before.

As for next week, I dont think you can bring in another kicker at this point, we only got 6 days till our next game.

But if he misses his first kick at Levi next week, you got to be prepared to start going for two.

gtb1943

Reaction score
That was like watching a car wreck in slo mo

So much of kicking just like golf is mental; and that means HE has to get over this; no one can really help him

Making that last one gives me some hope but at the same time his confidence has to be as shaky as it gets

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is unfortunate but. when you miss 4 extra points, that's not physical but rather between the ears. Dallas might need to do a FG kicker tryout this week. To put in perspective he missed 2 all year.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
It is unfortunate but. when you miss 4 extra points, that's not physical but rather between the ears. Dallas might need to do a FG kicker tryout this week. To put in perspective he missed 2 all year.
it's cool, he forgot his kicking shoes. hard to hit them in flip-flops.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He was horrible. However, he did make the last one. I think he will play better next game. Don't want to shake his confidence.