Simple.

Would you rather the team

1) shut it down for the season and tank for a high draft pick

-OR-

2) keep trying to win games and try to make the playoffs

A poll would be nice, mods. :)

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Romo and these players aren't going to tank - there's too much pride at stake (not to mention potential FA's and fringe players are playing for their future).

This. If they did, it will never be said publicly. You may see our CB's whiffing on even more tackles to avoid injury and a little less hustle on special teams. When we are mathematically out, and Romo is back in, I hope his pocket clock goes off early and often since he has a target on his back and none of these players will be going 100% unless they are up for a new contract.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
So you'd go against Romo's wishes and sit him? Why stop there? Why not cut Hardy. Sit Dez. Why would you rush Dez back just to sit Romo?

Dez is young and healthy.

Romo is aging and oft injured. Don't you think it would be better for him next year if he wasn't taking hit for the rest of the season?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hate the mindset that losing is a good thing. Ever.

I do too but the reality is that you get a better selection in 7 rounds of a draft.

If not for this factor then I would want to win every game as well.

Also, QB is the #1 priority in this draft and every draft from now until we draft the guy so the higher the selection the better.

Hailmary

Reaction score
They're going to try as long as they are mathematically still in it. Once they get eliminated, then yes, see what you have in K.Moore. Maybe try to get Greene into some games or give some snaps to Collins at RT. Give guys like Michael, Smith and Lucky a bigger roles and see what they've got...etc. You can evaluate the backups and have the same results of having "tanked" the second half of the season.

The one thing I DON'T want is the team tanking because the players have quit on the coaches or the season.

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
Idk, I hate the idea of tanking, but I like the idea of having a top 5 pick.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You keep trying tanking is for losers. A high draft pick doesn't guarantee you anything look at Mo Claiborne. We have several promising young players on the team with Jones, Gregory and Collins and we want these players to learn how to win games. We want to build a winning tradition not be a team that gives up every season when things are going sour. When Romo returns the team needs to stay focused and play hard or he could be injured again.

When you start tanking playing for high draft picks you have the wrong head coach and it's time for a change. Regardless how bad a season goes you want to have at least something to feel good about entering the offseason. You need to try and finish the season on a positive note to have something to build on the following season.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think we really have to worry about tanking.........they should be just fine doing that with or without Romo. This is not a good team.

Anyways, you can't throw in the towel.....many are still playing for jobs, etc. I wouldn't even trust them to make the correct top 5 pick to begin with, probably end up with another corner or something.

Tanking also sends the wrong message, if some players hasn't quit yet.......it won't be much longer until they do.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would most certainly shut down Romo. Call that tanking if you will.

This, his injury really should have 10 weeks, not 8, to fully heal. Of course if he re injures it should be fine by next Spring. Of course everyone else should still play, they got themselves into this mess so they should finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.