Can we give Dak some credit now?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It's not about "him" winning in the playoffs. Obviously that's a team thing, but his play is crucial for the team winning in the playoffs. If he choked like he did against SF two playoffs in a row, it doesn't matter how well the team does or doesn't play. He's a very good regular season QB for the most part. He's playing very well right now.
Do you know what choke even means.:huh:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
People just can't be happy, gotta go out and go looking for fights......... :facepalm:

Motorola

Reaction score
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
Running after the Prescott Bandwagon....yet still indecisive about jumping on it for the rest of the 2023 season.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't know what you are watching. Dak hasn't been a bus driver since his first couple years in the NFL. He owns this offense. If you want to scout off of a stat sheet you'll think he was just average today. But he did an incredible job manipulating the defense (like on the TD pass to Lamb) and made a lot of plays at timely moments that led to this win.

The narrative that Dak is just a bus driver should have been dead a long time ago. But his critics will continue to cling to it hoping that constantly repeating something will make it true.
I guess you would rather have Dak prancing and throwing deep and trying to mimic Lamar Jackson as a runner.
Ga'head, cat scan, see where tha will get you and the team.

nobody

Reaction score
Running after the Prescott Bandwagon....yet still indecisive about jumping on it for the rest of the 2023 season.
Believe what you want man. I firmly stated that I stopped believing in him until he proves it in the playoffs. Giving him credit for good play in the season is neither indecisive nor "running after the bandwagon." Take your bait posts elsewhere please. :)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
Can we give credit to the team, how about doing that? Stop all the fest...about the love of your life, or who you are rooting for.

Got it...we all like something going on.

nobody

Reaction score
Can we give credit to the team, how about doing that? Stop all the fest...about the love of your life, or who you are rooting for.

Got it...we all like something going on.
I give credit to the team every time they win, thank you! Why are you so threatened and defensive when I post a simple thread? :) Clearly it triggered you enough to post this. What's funny is the people that just read the title and don't even read the post before getting their panties in a twist.

Motorola

Reaction score
Believe what you want man. I firmly stated that I stopped believing in him until he proves it in the playoffs. Giving him credit for good play in the season is neither indecisive nor "running after the bandwagon." Take your bait posts elsewhere please. :)
Your response backs up my comment.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
All joking aside the Cowboys have a loaded roster and if we are all being honest the 'boys haven't beaten a good team this season. Granted only 2 teams of .500 or more have played the Cowboys and those opposing teams won both, but let's have it right, it's plain sailing for another two games before the season starts proper.
If “we are all being honest’ Dak Prescott has been playing great all season. He is one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL, if we’re all being honest, and the Dallas Cowboys would be significantly less competitive without him. Are SF and Philly more challenging? Yes, they are. For everybody. Both those teams have deficiencies, especially the Eagles. All credit to what those teams have accomplished this season, but Dak and the Cowboys have accomplished a lot this season, as well. Too much of the criticism here is unwarranted. The Dallas Cowboys are great. They’re not the only great team in the NFL. Stop whining and appreciate the fact the Cowboys are beating the teams the NFL scheduled them to play. Philly is not going to beat SF, no way. There is a lot of fun left in this season. The top NFC teams are all very close. And Detroit gets to sit at the “adult’s table” this Thanksgiving.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I give credit to the team every time they win, thank you! Why are you so threatened and defensive when I post a simple thread? :) Clearly it triggered you enough to post this. What's funny is the people that just read the title and don't even read the post before getting their panties in a twist.
Do you wear panties? Hmm...

nobody

Reaction score
Your response backs up my comment.
I'm a fan of the Cowboys. Players come and go. Until he proves otherwise, Dak's not the guy to lead them to the SB. I do appreciate what he's done for the most part this season though. Comment away with further irrelevant replies. :)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Credit or not, Dak and the passing attack is the identity of this offense. Specifically, Dak to 88 for those that need a symbol. MM has clearly taken the offense in this direction.

Dak has performed well since we stopped running the ball for the sake of running the ball. Now we do it just to keep defenses honest. Throw in the TE emerging as reliable possession targets in red zone/short yardage and the increased performance of Cooks and this offense is humming along nicely.

I also think that Ceedee is spot on when he says opposing teams will adjust and Pollard will emerge.

Proof

Reaction score
Listen I like Dak. Defended him for years here. I jumped off the bandwagon after the SF game. He has played lights out before in the regular season. Until he shows it in the playoffs he is not going to get the respect he deserves.
this is where I’m at. i’m not a hater by any stretch and have defended him til im blue in the face over the years. need to see that signature win even if its not always been his fault.

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the Cowboys. Players come and go. Until he proves otherwise, Dak's not the guy to lead them to the SB. I do appreciate what he's done for the most part this season though. Comment away with further irrelevant replies. :)
LOL at your ambivalent retort.

nobody

Reaction score
LOL at your ambivalent retort.
What part of "Cowboys fan" is it hard for you to comprehend? It's not about just one player. :) I'm neither going to slobber on Dak nor completely say he's worthless. I'm sticking with my "He's a good regular season QB" and wait for proof in the playoffs. Thanks! Bye bye!

Motorola

Reaction score
What part of "Cowboys fan" is it hard for you to comprehend? It's not about just one player. :) I'm neither going to slobber on Dak nor completely say he's worthless. I'm sticking with my "He's a good regular season QB" and wait for proof in the playoffs. Thanks! Bye bye!
LOL