Can we give Dak some credit now?

nobody

Reaction score
You've been wrong about Dak since Day 1. So many have. Here is the issue: Dak is not the problem. Is he perfect? No, but he is plenty of good enough to help a team go all the way. The bigger problem has always been in the trenches on both sides of the football. Plus, weapons (or lack of them), including playcalling (especially during situational football). Of course, Dak needs to keep improving. We are seeing him currently play some of the best football in his career.
I have to disagree with you, brother. Remember I supported him up until that last playoff game. The team needed him to not play poorly and he couldn't do that. Did others fail to live up to what was needed? Sure! They weren't 40 million dollar players though. Dak is part of the problem, but he has been playing better the past few games. :) He's not plenty good enough to help a team go all the way until he actually does it. You are what your record says you are. That goes both ways. That being said, he is definitely improving in the new scheme. He earned my skepticism. He gets to keep it until he proves he can do it.

nobody

Reaction score
How predictable it becomes.. Dak beats up on the weakest team in the league and everyone is back on the wagon. It was the panthers.. and even then.. Dak didn't actually have a stellar day.. just a solid turn out from a QB on a clearly dominant team.

How about Dak does the same thing against good teams on a consistent basis and then we can all decide?

I'm a 'hater' apparently and if Dak finds a way to help us win a SB then I'll be happy to keep him but still not at stupid money. Dak has done this before in regular season.. and goes missing in key spots.
Read the title without the content huh? Easy to tell. You might consider reading what people post rather than just thread titles before reacting. :) Friendly advice there.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Well I will not jump on that bandwagon like so many others do with the Cowboys beating up all the little kids in the league. The Panthers gave us way too many gifts in the first half and still stayed in the game until mid 3rd quarter for any celebration to be appropriate. And to be honest I haven't seen anything great from the Cowboys this time (except watching Mr. Bland doing his thing of course :) ).

But, I did like one particular tiny thing about Daks play yesterday and over the last weeks. Back in the beginning of the season he took some "hero sacks" as I call them. Kept the ball for way too long trying to make something happen but getting negative yardage in the process. Now, he gets the ball away no matter what. Whether he just throws it away, evades the sack or still finds a receiver, he hasnt done many stupid things in that regard over the last couple of weeks.

And in my books that is essential. Even if the drive still ends in a punt its a punt 10 yards further down the field making it easier for Anger. All these little things will help us in the long run.

plasticman

Reaction score
There are those that will always refuse to give Dak credit, no matter what. That's because they have claimed that Dak is a lousy quarterback in some way and if you prove them wrong then they will simply shift the standard.

At the beginning of the season it was all about Dak's INT's. Suddenly, his whole career is turnover prone despite the fact that he has one of the lowest INT's percentage rates in NFL history and that is being demonstrated this season.

Obviously, that didn't work out for them so now it's all about Dak not being able to beat a winning team and this is being based on the fact that they lost all 2 games against winning teams. That's enough evidence for them if they conveniently forget Dak's previous 7 seasons.

Of course, you know, once we point out that Dak has beaten playoff teams before, then those teams are demoted to "bad" playoff teams.

And so it continues..........

And when Dak and the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, you guessed it, it will be the defense or the running game or whatever that was responsible, certainly not Dak

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
He's had probably the best stretch of his career this last month no doubt about it
You could argue the Vikings - through Texans period in 2022 or the first 5 games of 2021, were stretches that compared with this last stretch.

This movie isnt anything new, though the way the schedule ramps up in difficulty prior to the crux Eagles game is a great set up (and he's executing well).

There's never been an issue with his ability vrs the lesser teams, its always been that ability to transfer that form against the elite....maybe the next movie isnt The Phantom Menace.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There are those that will always refuse to give Dak credit, no matter what. That's because they have claimed that Dak is a lousy quarterback in some way and if you prove them wrong then they will simply shift the standard.

At the beginning of the season it was all about Dak's INT's. Suddenly, his whole career is turnover prone despite the fact that he has one of the lowest INT's percentage rates in NFL history and that is being demonstrated this season.

Obviously, that didn't work out for them so now it's all about Dak not being able to beat a winning team and this is being based on the fact that they lost all 2 games against winning teams. That's enough evidence for them if they conveniently forget Dak's previous 7 seasons.

Of course, you know, once we point out that Dak has beaten playoff teams before, then those teams are demoted to "bad" playoff teams.

And when Dak and the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, you guessed it, it will be the defense or the running game or whatever that was responsible, certainly not Dak
:hammer:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is doing what Dak does. Playing good against bad teams,

Luckily the NFL is full bad teams who spend money and draft picks on firepower then try to field a average defenses at best.

We have the top defense and top defensive guru in the NFL.

Will Dak play well enough to score 20+ points against good defenses?
If he does, and we put up a good fight in the championship game?
I'll be the first to back up the brinks truck.
Anything less, bye Mike and Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You could argue the Vikings - through Texans period in 2022 or the first 5 games of 2021, were stretches that compared with this last stretch.

This movie isnt anything new, though the way the schedule ramps up in difficulty prior to the crux Eagles game is a great set up (and he's executing well).

There's never been an issue with his ability vrs the lesser teams, its always been that ability to transfer that form against the elite....maybe the next movie isnt The Phantom Menace.
Dak led the Cowboys to victories three times against .500+ teams (Vikings, Giants and Eagles) last year.

So much for the, "Dak can't beat the above .500 / very good teams," false narrative.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak is doing what Dak does. Playing good against bad teams,

Luckily the NFL is full bad teams who spend money and draft picks on firepower then try to field a average defenses at best.

We have the top defense and top defensive guru in the NFL.

Will Dak play well enough to score 20+ points against good defenses?
If he does, and we put up a good fight in the championship game?
I'll be the first to back up the brinks truck.
Anything less, bye Mike and Dak.
Read my previous statement. All 3 teams (Vikings/Giants/Eagles) had not only teams that were way above .500 when Dak and the Cowboys played them late in the season last year (Vikings: 8 - 2), (Giants: 7 - 4) and (Eagles: 13 - 2), but all 3 opponents had top 10 defenses.

Do you care to admit you were wrong and apologize for spreading false information?

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score

I was with you all the way until you spouted off with: And when Dak and the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, you guessed it, it will be the defense or the running game or whatever that was responsible, certainly not Dak.

WOW, it's been almost 30yr since the Cowboys won a Super Bowl and you are all ready call Dak and Superbowl....WOW....IDK what's in your kooliad....LOL

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak led the Cowboys to victories three times against .500+ teams (Vikings, Giants and Eagles) last year.

So much for the, "Dak can't beat the above .500 / very good teams," false narrative.
Isnt that my point.....that this year's stretch isnt anything to get over excited about, at the moment, as he's gone on them previously (and we know how they ended).....Doh.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Where is the poll this week.

Should be sticky at the top of the page are you happy with Dak as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
He has had a couple really good games there was no poll last week after a great game but let him have a bad game and we are just out to exaggerate the negative.
Let's get on the stick and get the poll up and rejoice the positive.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Isnt that my point.....that this year's stretch isnt anything to get over excited about, at the moment, as he's gone on them previously (and we know how they ended).....Doh.
Ok, stay off the bandwagon. Don't get on it when you get proven wrong.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Where is the poll this week.

Should be sticky at the top of the page are you happy with Dak as the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
He has had a couple really good games there was no poll last week after a great game but let him have a bad game and we are just out to exaggerate the negative.
Let's get on the stick and get the poll up and rejoice the positive.
Bro, we know why there was no poll last week or possibly this week neither.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
Take the win.

But the last two games have been against two terrible defenses.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Ok, stay off the bandwagon. Don't get on it when you get proven wrong.
Argh the preserve of the Dak Fan, you're either obsessed (and see no wrong) or you arent a fan. He continues to come up short, with ball in hand and clock ticking in the most crucial games. When he proves that, he moves into a different stratosphere and then becomes a QB able to produce in the play-offs. It would be great for us to steamroll through the play-offs, but this roster stalls on the big occasion, nothing wrong with a more circumspect outlook.