Can we go 7-1 down the stretch?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Hmmm not likely. I need to see how they play vs Minnesota first. They win that game, I believe 6-2 is very much within reach.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This team had 2 weeks to prepare for an upcoming game vs. a poor team like the Giants but didn't get going until they got into the 4th quarter. The rest of the Cowboys' schedule will be played vs. considerably tougher teams than what we've seen thus far. Going 7-1 the rest of the way would surely require improvements of an amazing degree for that to be likely. As much as I'd like to believe that might occur, I just don't. Our coaching can't support it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dallas72

Reaction score
If Dallas plays well every week they won't lose a game....I don't even really buy that this schedule is tough. Those teams have, 2 total wins against teams with a .500 record? Minny beat Philly and the Pats beat the Bills.

The question is just whether or not Dallas shows up, because none of these teams are special.
Not sure about Thxgiving game Bill is too smart and Garrett wont have them ready again

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear ya but once you lose the enjoyment of the journey .. what’s left Bob?

It comes down to the SB or Bust mentality. Which as frustrating as this era has been I’m not not going to allow myself to fall into that miserable mentality despite the hostility I have towards Jerry.

I still enjoy watching my Cowboys every week and still find pleasure winning games. If it ends every season in disappointment , so be it. This is what I do 4-5 months a year. Watch football and root on the Cowboys. Win, Lose or Draw.
Who said it wasn’t enjoyable? I enjoy watching this team win or lose- either way. I long ago stopped having a big emotional investment in this team. I haven’t been miserable after a loss in a very, very long time.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
...three things to our advantage. #1Bennett made our DL better. #2 Heath might be out at safety, leaving Woods or Thompson to play. #3 LVE should be back but Lee is playing lights out.

Being honest NE is the only almost sure L, that's only because they have better coach.

I see it very possible, going 7-1.

right, so the Cowboys only loss the rest of this season will be to New England, even though they got handled by the hapless Jets? yeah, ok. :rolleyes: Cowboys fans forever optimistic.

Look, there will be more coaches than just Belichik that will outcoach Garrett and his "safe" philosophy (which is coupled with the slow starts). Remember, Adam Gase did it, and there will be more, beyond Belichik.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Let me look at the schedule and see

Vikings- without Thielan who it looks like they will be missing, they don't really scare me. Cook is decent at RB and is having a really good year... but I don't see him as being better than Barkley who we just controlled.
@Lions- yeah even on the road nothing about the Lions this year scares me
@Pats- okay probably a loss, but maybe we can learn from the Ravens how to beat them
Bills- they are sorta like we are right now, beating up sucky teams and struggling against good teams. At home I think we have them
@Bears- cold games like this always scare me, but the Bears don't
Rams- see Bills, though less of a shocker
@Eagles- we crushed them before we can crush them again
Commanders- see Eagles

So yeah, I think 5-3 or 6-2 is more likely, but 7-1 could be possible.

endersdragon

Reaction score
right, so the Cowboys only loss the rest of this season will be to New England, even though they got handled by the hapless Jets? yeah, ok. :rolleyes: Cowboys fans forever optimistic.

Look, there will be more coaches than just Belichik that will outcoach Garrett and his "safe" philosophy (which is coupled with the slow starts). Remember, Adam Gase did it, and there will be more, beyond Belichik.
Can I point out that half of our offense was out in that Jets game including both tackles.... so maybe... just maybe... that isn't the best way to judge how we will play when healthy?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Who said it wasn’t enjoyable? I enjoy watching this team win or lose- either way. I long ago stopped having a big emotional investment in this team. I haven’t been miserable after a loss in a very, very long time.
But yet you appear that if we don’t reach the championship game it’s another failed season?

Bob, you and I agree on many fronts and I always respect your opinion. One of the most enjoyable reads here. But this is like the argument I was having with Ksboys the other day. That unless we’re playing for a championship it’s a failed season.

That our entire existence is predicated on winning championships. Winning no doubt makes it more fun but following and rooting a team on that’s not doing everything within its power to win a championship seems to me a silly if not unreasonable goal.

Aven8

Reaction score
Actually the schedule isn’t that daunting. Outside of Minny and NE who do we really play? Detroit, Chicago are not very good, the Rams defense sucks, and we killed Philly. Not unheard of.......but we have JG too.....

JayFord

Reaction score
Aslong as they dont get full of themselves

but this is the kinda team that needs to be embarrassed once in a while to refocus

CB61

Reaction score
Did we not do that last year? Yeah yeah yeah I know it's a new year if we can get our head out of our butts and clean up some of that sloppy play and penalties I don't see why we couldn't we just got to put it all together in 60 minutes not just here or there

cowboyec

Reaction score
yes.
they don't have to be perfect....just win.
Im sticking with my pick before season started...
☆12-4
☆NFC EAST CHAMPS
☆NFC CHAMPS
☆SUPER BOWL CHAMPS
:flagwave:GO COWBOYS:flagwave:

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Can I point out that half of our offense was out in that Jets game including both tackles.... so maybe... just maybe... that isn't the best way to judge how we will play when healthy?

They will have many more injuries, its the NFL. So coaching will have to overcome them with strategic game planning. I just don't see that. So I don't see a 7 and 1 stretch.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
sure as long as the opponent does hurt our guy's feelings by saying they will kick our butts. These losers after doing this their whole life need someone to coach them up or hurt their feelings to play hard.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Can we? Sure. Will we? No. I would say maybe the Eagles game was the springboard game but they came out so flat last night. But I get there is 60min to a game and they all count. So while they did come out flat, they did find their stride and never looked back. If we win Sunday night against a solid Vikings team, I will look at this team at having something. But if we don't, we are just a team who beats up on the crap teams and can't beat the good ones.

Blackrain

Reaction score
sure as long as the opponent does hurt our guy's feelings by saying they will kick our butts. These losers after doing this their whole life need someone to coach them up or hurt their feelings to play hard.

Another great contribution from the 3rd world poster