Can we go 7-1 down the stretch?

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
There is no way this team can win that much.At best win some games just to hurt the draft order.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Again, if at the end of the season, if we haven’t done anything more than what we’ve done the last 23 seasons, what have we really accomplished? Besides make the Jones Crtel more profitable? I contend this team and it’s leaders aren’t hungry enough to achieve.
I hear ya but once you lose the enjoyment of the journey .. what’s left Bob?

It comes down to the SB or Bust mentality. Which as frustrating as this era has been I’m not not going to allow myself to fall into that miserable mentality despite the hostility I have towards Jerry.

I still enjoy watching my Cowboys every week and still find pleasure winning games. If it ends every season in disappointment , so be it. This is what I do 4-5 months a year. Watch football and root on the Cowboys. Win, Lose or Draw.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This franchise isn’t doing everything within its power to win championships. It’s awfully difficult to hold them to that bar anymore.

This is it Cowboy fans. This is who we’ve become. Winning the division and playoffs is our new bar. Anything beyond that with this dysfunctional organization is gravy.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Zero chance of 7-1. I agree that the playoffs are decided vs Philly.

Similar to Garrett’s early career when he routinely lost week 17 games.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I did my part years ago attempting to stop Jerry before the new stadium was built.

I was laughed off by most posters in a fan forum for organizing a boycott to hold Jerry more accountable. Once the stadium was built, PSL committed and tickets sold . Game over.

I waved my white flag. Gave up my season tickets after most of 4 decades . This is what the fans wanted. Well, you got it. Lol

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I did my part years ago attempting to stop Jerry before the new stadium was built.

I was laughed off by most posters in a fan forum for organizing a boycott to hold Jerry more accountable. Once the stadium was built, PSL committed and tickets sold . Game over.

I waved my white flag. Gave up my season tickets after most of 4 decades . This is what the fans wanted. Well, you got it. Lol
You started the cancel culture. :muttley:

phildadon86

Reaction score
"Here we go again". Exactly. We have done this for weeks now, and you have yet to pick up on what I am saying.

I have blamed Garrett, Rod, and Richard throughout many threads on this forum. I never backtracked on the locker room and disrespect to Dak because I still believe it is a problem. It's a minor problem. I never said the locker room and disrespect to Dak was our main problem, as it's always been coaching. I was just saying that those were minor problems accompanying the coaching problems (and honestly, those problems are because of the bad coaching.) The team does seem more energetic and emotional than usual, as seen last night even tho all the fights were caused by Hernandez. I have to give them that. Dak was also showing some brotherly love (which was well received meaning he was earning respect back) on the sideline during the game. The problem seems to be fixing itself.
Show me tangible proof of players not respecting him. Earning it back? Lol. When did he lose it? I’ll wait. Show us proof

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Show me tangible proof of players not respecting him. Earning it back? Lol. When did he lose it? I’ll wait. Show us proof

I cannot provide visual proof of them "not respecting" Dak, but I can't find evidence of them respecting him either besides a few clips and maybe a few quotes from 1 or 2 players. Last night was a great example of them respecting him though.

Also, I didn't mean it in that way. I meant he was respecting the players and they showed respect back, which is rare to see. Not that he lost it in the first place and just now got it back.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I cannot provide visual proof of them "not respecting" Dak, but I can't find evidence of them respecting him either besides a few clips and maybe a few quotes from 1 or 2 players. Last night was a great example of them respecting him though.

Also, I didn't mean it in that way. I meant he was respecting the players and they showed respect back, which is rare to see. Not that he lost it in the first place and just now got it back.
Don’t back track now. You said “earning it back” which means he’s lost it. Which without proof is hearsay. I don’t see players commenting on respecting Brady either. Must mean they don’t.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Don’t back track now. You said “earning it back” which means he’s lost it. Which without proof is hearsay. I don’t see players commenting on respecting Brady either. Must mean they don’t.

You are misinterpreting my words. Once again, "earning it back". They were all fist bumping and talking energetically on the sidelines. He was earning the same amount of respect he was radiating onto the players. He never lost the respect that he had from the few players that respected him. I'm just saying that the RESPECT HE SHOWS THE PLAYERS WAS BEING SHOW BACK FROM THE OTHER PLAYERS THEMSELVES.

Wood

Reaction score
Good to get a win, even against a really bad giants team. A win is a win. 5-3 at the half way point- not terrible but that Jets loss makes getting a #2 seed very difficult. Difficult but not impossible.

So with 8 games to go, IMO, in order for this team to have a legit shot to at least advance further than they have since ‘95, they either have to get the #2 seed by going 7-1 down the backside of the season (and get some help) or just get extremely hot as a #4 seed, and win a WC game and a divisional playoff game for the first time in 24 years.

That’s the bottom line for me this season. Be better than they have been the last two decades. Can they do it?

Maybe. But they’re going to have to play a lot better than the last 8 games.

Remaining schedule is tough- Vikes, Pats, Bears, Bills, e-girls, and skins. Those teams combined are 23-10-1. We need to go 7-1.
Time to prove it- contender or pretender.

For that to happen. Dak would need to play like $35 mill year QB. Zeke & OL would need to maintain current level. DL would need to play each week like Giants game, Health would need to be upgraded, DB would have to show ball skills, Lee would need to remain healthy & Jarwin & Pollard would need to be implemented more and Moore would need to be boy wonder in scheming. Can it be done? yes but is it likely? not based on this teams persona.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
They lost to the Jets. So no, not going 7-1. I don't trust this defense yet with quality QBs, and a tough defense could still give this fairly basic offense fits.

The schedule is just too tough to go 7-1, I don't see it.

Last edited:

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
We aren’t sweeping the division so we’ll at least lose to philly or Washington.

Then we’ll most definitely get waxed by New England and lose one more after that.

I say 10-6 with a not so straight face

Silly

Reaction score
Yes. Heath hits hard. Keep sending him on blitzes. Let him knockout the opposing teams QB. If the offense commits a holding penalty, there won't even be a personal foul penalty.

I couldn't believe it when Jaylon offered a hand and helped brakley get to his feet. Dallas needs to play mean.

Praxit

Reaction score
...three things to our advantage. #1Bennett made our DL better. #2 Heath might be out at safety, leaving Woods or Thompson to play. #3 LVE should be back but Lee is playing lights out.

Being honest NE is the only almost sure L, that's only because they have better coach.

I see it very possible, going 7-1.