Can we stop the Eagles push?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You want to take a guy out because you can't stop a single play where you KNOW exactly what they're going to do?

Great line of thinking...
No, you just can't handle warfare within the rules and doing whatever it takes to win.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And there's a cowclown fan for yah!!
Screenshot-20231114-213947-Gallery.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was cheating until the early 2000s when they took the rule away. However, I'm sure it will be reinstated, rightfully so.
But it isn't now, so as much as we may dislike what Philly is doing, it's not accurate to suggest they are cheating

DZSierra

Reaction score
There is a difference between giving it 110% and breaking the rules intentionally.

Although I'm not a pro athlete, these guys have been playing long enough I'm certain they know the difference.

One thing I've noticed about hurts this year when I've seen him on TV is he's not running like he use to for the extra yardage. For better or worse, that's telling me he's getting smarter.

DZSierra

Reaction score
But it isn't now, so as much as we may dislike what Philly is doing, it's not accurate to suggest they are cheating
Thank you. A man using common sense.

This board sounds like a bunch of crybabies themselves because they're afraid Philly may get a short yardage down on 3rd and 4th and convert.

The reailty is we don't want a close game in the last 2 minutes of play because we know what the Cowboys history is when they are put in that position.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If you watch philly the two backs use Hurts kidney pads to reach under and push forward creating the push for him. Most defenses are trying to dive over the top and taking them off their feet and they get carried for 3 yards. They need to do exactly the same push philly does to have a chance.
Diving over the top is ridiculous. Like you said, you just get carried by the moving pile. Last game vs Philly we had LBers diving over the top.

Also, to have a chance to stop it you need to do the exact same thing as them. Have safeties pushing LBers into the pile. Cause a stalemate. Guys from edges run around and pull Hurts straight down.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think seeing the success of it, teams are going to start emulating and practicing it. its obvious the bills tried and weren't as good, but teams will learn. trust me. then its a disadvantage to every defense and then league will step in and change the rules. not until then. but teams will start studying it and copy it. its a copy cat league. the same happened with RPO and wild cat.
Teams have been trying it, and you can see how they’ve been doing it wrong. If you watch the eagles, there are little things they’re doing you can pick up on that no one else is doing. For instance, on the most successful versions of the play, Jalen is only the second most important push happening.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do it during the other downs and early in the game. Aim at his knees and permanently take him out the rest of the season. Let's see those dirty birds and their crooked coach try their tush-push again.

Do it again? Pay the price!
But what they are doing isn't crooked or dirty. It's a legal play.

And sorry, this is BS.

First, it's pretty ridiculous to treat it as crooked and dirty for the Eagles to run a play that is perfectly legal, and not treat it as crooked and dirty to intentionally try and cause a major injury.

Second, Cowboy fans were up in arms in the 1970s when George Allen and the Washington players said they were going to try injure Staubach and put him out of the game - and they did - and when Buddy Ryan put a bounty out on a couple of Cowboy players in the 1990s. We saw that as crooked and dirty, so how is it any better if the Cowboys do it?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But what they are doing isn't crooked or dirty. It's a legal play.

And sorry, this is BS.

First, it's pretty ridiculous to treat it as crooked and dirty for the Eagles to run a play that is perfectly legal, and not treat it as crooked and dirty to intentionally try and cause a major injury.

Second, Cowboy fans were up in arms in the 1970s when George Allen and the Washington players said they were going to try injure Staubach and put him out of the game - and they did - and when Buddy Ryan put a bounty out on a couple of Cowboy players in the 1990s. We saw that as crooked and dirty, so how is it any better if the Cowboys do it?
Take shots right above the knee. Legal hit. Is it not? Do as the Eagles do......whatever it takes as long as it is allowed. Correct?

mote

Reaction score
Take shots right above the knee. Legal hit. Is it not? Do as the Eagles do......whatever it takes as long as it is allowed. Correct?
Yes, because defensive players have the ability to precisely target a tiny target just above the knees in the middle of a giant scrum. Just admit you are so afraid of a legal play that you desire the opponent suffer an injury.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes, because defensive players have the ability to precisely target a tiny target just above the knees in the middle of a giant scrum. Just admit you are so afraid of a legal play that you desire the opponent suffer an injury.
Get lost Eagles troll.