Can't convince me Hurts is better than Dak

Jipper

Reaction score
Sssshhh, you're not allowed to bring up the schedule, you'll be called a hater. The fact that fans easily forget (eg Bucc - win, 9ers -defeat), is the reason so many fans lose their heads when we lose.
Well hopefully he makes us forget the pain of all those losses…really ready for something different this year

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ll say this - if dak plays the next four games like he played the last four games then I will 100% agree dak is better than hurts.

The biggest difference in the two is how they have performed against top competition in prime spots.

Table is set for dak and the cowboys now…hope he continues on the trajectory
But how well is he truly playing against this competition?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
hes not better than Prescott right now

and anyone who thinks other wise eats corn the long way
Well of course he isnt, but then again look at the defenses they've faced. Havent the Eagles faced 4 of the top 10 defenses in four consecutive games. Lucky, well maybe, but he's winning.

That's not an attack on Dak, this whole A is better than B or the even more moronic Dak v Romo arguments are meaningless gaslighting tropes.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Well for one thing if the NFL bans the "Tush Push", we'll see how really good Jalen Hurts is. If he can't rely on the Tush Push any longer to inflate his total TDs stat. And if he has to figure out ways to convert more 3rd and 4th downs without the aid of 3 or 4 of his teammates pushing him from behind. And if he can equal the his 2023 TD production with his arm or by rushing/sneaking the ball without his teammates pushing him from behind.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Entering this season, you probably couldn’t have convinced many that Dak was better than Hurts. Dak led the NFL in INT‘s in only 12 games. While Hurts was coming off a Super Bowl appearance and was second in the MVP voting.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well for one thing if the NFL bans the "Tush Push", we'll see how really good Jalen Hurts is. If he can't rely on the Tush Push any longer to inflate his total TDs stat. And if he has to figure out ways to convert more 3rd and 4th downs without the aid of 3 or 4 of his teammates pushing him from behind. And if he can equal the his 2023 TD production with his arm or by rushing/sneaking the ball without his teammates pushing him from behind.
gotta stop the Beagles on 1st down its really that simple..look what SF did..take the play out of the playbook.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dumbest thread I’ve seen today..hurts in year 2 as starter took his team all the way to Super Bowl. In year 3, this year, he is 10-2. Bc he lost to the 49ers without both starting lb and his stats still were better than Daks against the sane 49ers who are healthy now. Would I trade for Hurts, maybe, but no I wouldn’t have either as both are hitting the salary cap limiting their teams from success and future signing. Obviously Dak either proves something this year or he’s gone. No more debates
Shut up and control your hate, dude.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
gotta stop the Beagles on 1st down its really that simple..look what SF did..take the play out of the playbook.
Not wishing for injury or anything. But the Cowboys defense needs to take away Hurts first read option and stay disciplined in their gaps. Then hit Hurts hard when he takes off to run.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not wishing for injury or anything. But the Cowboys defense needs to take away Hurts first read option and stay disciplined in their gaps. Then hit Hurts hard when he takes off to run.
yeah stop 1st down and put it on Hurtz arm..thats how you beat the Eagles.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Hurts is a one read QB. He makes one read and then bails and runs around. That's why Olsen said on the broadcast he'd like to to see Hurts go through his progression little longer before bailing. Hurts is nowhere close to Dak's level when it comes to playing the QB position.

And saying he is better QB than Dak because he played in the SB is ridiculous. It's like saying Foles and Dilfer are better QB than Marino because they both won a SB.
Hurts OL gave him about 4 seconds to throw against the 49ers defense and he still couldn't exploit their secondary with his arm. Many other QBs would be picking apart a secondary if they had that much time to throw.

Jipper

Reaction score
But how well is he truly playing against this competition?
Well prior to sf looks like 27-2 in last 29 reg season games, 14 straight wins against teams with winning records, 1st qb with 10 plus rushing tds in 1st 3 seasons, mvp runner up last year.

Just a quick search and read but coupling that with the playoff success and superbowl appearance does seem to at least give a basis for favoring hurts over dak as it stands today.

But back to my point - dak has the table set right now to at least match and even surpass the criteria they are being gauged against. Just has to get over the hump against the winning teams

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
How many Gms know what they are doing? All of them could have drafted Purdy or even Browning.
I wouldnt know how many gms know what they are doing.And unless you are incredibly arrogant and claim to know which and how many know what they are doing, you have no idea.

my contention is that a majority of gms including those that dont know what they are doing, would pick Hurts over Dak right now. Id take that bet

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I wouldnt know how many gms know what they are doing.And unless you are incredibly arrogant and claim to know which and how many know what they are doing, you have no idea.

my contention is that a majority of gms including those that dont know what they are doing, would pick Hurts over Dak right now. Id take that bet
you also think its ok for WR to get a running start at the LOS, obviously your Canadian football mind is playing tricks on you....

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Are they the same person? Mountaineer must of got kicked out again. It looked like he was going kamakise when he came back.
I have no idea what that poster is talking about. She must think I'm the Mountaineer guy. Some people are just out of their mind!