Can't convince me Hurts is better than Dak

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Forget the stats it's more about who do you trust against a superior opponent if your down 10. I'm taking Hurts right now. But if Dak can prove that this huge improvement over the last 4 games isn't just a blip then I could change my mind. Well find out this week.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Take the homer opinion out of this discussion, Hurts is the better QB cause of his dual threat abilities and that tush push that nobody can stop.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Forget the stats it's more about who do you trust against a superior opponent if your down 10. I'm taking Hurts right now. But if Dak can prove that this huge improvement over the last 4 games isn't just a blip then I could change my mind. Well find out this week.
Dak is and has always been the better NFL quarterback than Hurts. Five players have signed for more guaranteed money than Hurts, Prescott and Lawrence will both exceed Hurts in guaranteed money before the start of next season. That’s the only stat Dak will be concerned about. Play real well, get paid real well.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And that's the core of the issue right there, it's like GroundHog Day where we revisit this exact same thing every season: Dak is killing it during the season then Dak has poor performances in big games. We get the same taunting and "how do you like me now" during the season from the fanbois, crickets after the playoffs. It's like being the world's greatest golfer on the tee and the fairway but you get the yips and 6-putt on the green,,, you're not the world's greatest golfer at that point.

If and when Dak gets past that hurdle then he's easily a better QB than Hurts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well prior to sf looks like 27-2 in last 29 reg season games, 14 straight wins against teams with winning records, 1st qb with 10 plus rushing tds in 1st 3 seasons, mvp runner up last year.

Just a quick search and read but coupling that with the playoff success and superbowl appearance does seem to at least give a basis for favoring hurts over dak as it stands today.

But back to my point - dak has the table set right now to at least match and even surpass the criteria they are being gauged against. Just has to get over the hump against the winning teams
See this is it lol. In order to prove his worth y'all have to bring up his 1 yard butt push touchdowns.

And don't get me wrong before he became a Eagle I liked Jalen. And I can even tell you that one of his strongest attributes is his mental. He's a warrior. Nothing gets him down. But if you ask him to win a game with his arm he's a COOKED and so are the Eagles. His record does not show how well he's playing. He got outplayed by Mac Jones and Sam Howell and won.

FrankM

Reaction score
I think Hurts has won the big games because he’s on a better team. However I’m not sure if he’s a better QB. If last year Hurts was the Cowboys QB and Dak was QB for Philly, which team gets to the SB?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Probably. Woudln't put it past them.
Hey, don't be talking bout me...
if you want to throw shade at me?

Talking with you or trying to relate with you...
is beyond my mind... Not worth my time its yours.

Should I go change the strings on my guitars...
or should I come back to the party with my scary burner account?

(does anyone on the forum know the phone number of the other guy?)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Take the homer opinion out of this discussion, Hurts is the better QB cause of his dual threat abilities and that tush push that nobody can stop.
I absolutely don't care about running QBs (as opposed to those who can scramble and extend plays). a QBs number one job is to be a good passer.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Whether or not the COWBOYS make it to that game or not will have no bearing on the extension

Whether you and those like you accept means little to nothing in the big scheme of things,

These first round flops you speak of are not Dak related they are TEAM related in which he is a part of.
Well, good chap, who was touching the ball every play in the playoffs in 2021 and 2022? And this year's games vs. the 49ers and Egirls? And Cards.
Dak groupies such as you say, perhaps rightly so, that it is a team effort. Yet you are quick to lavish praise on Dak when the Boys win.
Blimey! You Dak attendants want it both ways.

As far as the first round flops, think back. Who touched the ball every play? Who was captain and who tossed or ran the ball to end 2 playoff disasters? We can go back to 2016 and count the flops and never weres since then. The lone constant in all this is Dak.
What else are we to think, rash lad?