Can't convince me Hurts is better than Dak

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I am middle in that the debate isnt factoring in the contract (and Dak's blind spot when needing a TD with time running down). I have answered the would you trade Hurts for Dak.
Your middle scientific approach is to insist on the SF outcomes and ignore everything else.

You think discarding the contract in the analysis too is meaningful?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Your middle scientific approach is to insist on the SF outcomes and ignore everything else.

You think discarding the contract in the analysis too is meaningful?
You're picking out isolated comments in a thread to twist an argument. Then again I forgot using the term scientific in post is your preserve.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dumbest thread I’ve seen today..hurts in year 2 as starter took his team all the way to Super Bowl. In year 3, this year, he is 10-2. Bc he lost to the 49ers without both starting lb and his stats still were better than Daks against the sane 49ers who are healthy now. Would I trade for Hurts, maybe, but no I wouldn’t have either as both are hitting the salary cap limiting their teams from success and future signing. Obviously Dak either proves something this year or he’s gone. No more debates
"Prove" or not..he will not be gone.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You're picking out isolated comments in a thread to twist an argument. Then again I forgot using the term scientific in post is your preserve.
I am picking out your arguments in this thread and arguing against them. Very good. If you would like to add arguments that don't boil down to that type of tripe then go for it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And not considering contracts favors Hurts as well because he makes significantly more money.

It's like you are telling us it is raining.
:laugh: scientific middle.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
And not considering contracts favors Hurts as well because he makes significantly more money.

It's like you are telling us it is raining.
:laugh: scientific middle.
You know that contract worth is based on guaranteed money and CAP appropriation. Under that contract he Eagles have a three year window.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's a silly rationalization though. Hurts lost the SB where he fumbled, but Dak is better because he was sitting on his couch when it happened?

Some of y'all have done checked out when it comes to being rational. You'll spin yourselves into knots to rationalize the Cowboys coming up short.
Not at all. It’s not a spin. It’s not as black and white as you are making it seem. Mahomes can make the claim that he’s big part in why they won. Eagles nearly beat us with Gardner Minshew. I get you guys credit wins to QBs when it’s convenient for your argument.

If you watch both play there’s a clear distinction between the two. Dak has showed that over the course of a game he can make big time throws and take care of the football. Hurts has shown he can make big time throws throughout the game but not consistently.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Hurts hasn’t played that long, so the sample size is too small for it to be a fair comp.

We’ll see how he looks when he’s not surrounded by All Pros— when the league has adapted to him and when his athleticism begins to fade.

That said, I’ve always felt like both guys have the alpha mentality needed to succeed in the NFL, and they kind of remind me of each other in that way.

We’ll circle back in a few years

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Dak is better than Jalen, it's not by a wide margin.. Jalen has vastly improved from his rookie year, when he was missing wide open receivers and turning the ball over at a high rate. What I learned about Jalen from watching his collegiate career, is this guy is Resilient and Mentally tough. Nothing phases him and no moment seems too big for him. Dak is also mentally tough, but there are random moments in games when he looks like he isn't confident or determined; His games against the 49ers immediately come to mind. With that being said, I don't think one is significantly better than the other.
Let’s be honest though. Dak looks like crap against the 9ers because his team is inferior to them. It was anyway. Jalen is the same way. Only difference is he got to face them without a quarterback.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
That's a silly rationalization though. Hurts lost the SB where he fumbled, but Dak is better because he was sitting on his couch when it happened?

Some of y'all have done checked out when it comes to being rational. You'll spin yourselves into knots to rationalize the Cowboys coming up short.
On the surface it seems silly, but reality is Hurts only had to pass for 154 yds and 121 respectively to get to the Super Bowl.

The Eagles had the easiest possible path to the Super Bowl last year, and Hurts was a huge benefactor of that.

But he was pretty great in the Super Bowl, minus the one fumble.

Flamma

Reaction score
He's a good player but Dak has outplayed him this season. Would anyone here straight up trade Dak for Hurts?
I never liked Hurts. He's the same player he was in 2021. The WRs and scheme around him changed. His escape ability is what saves him. The coaching staff for the Eagles are very smart. They knew exactly how to tap into his talent. Once he doesn't have a great OL, two #1 WRs, and a really good TE, he's going back to 2021 Hurts.

rambo2

Reaction score
You can't lose the Super Bowl if you're not playing in it, so score one for Dak, right?

Your desperate homer routine gets more ridiculous with each post. Can't wait for the next one, Rambo. :rolleyes:
Lol, enjoy the ride. Awesome season so far, just as expected.

Sydla

Reaction score
This year? You cannot make the case Hurts is better. But last year wasn't too long ago and Hurts was better than Dak.

Reality is they are probably very close in terms of where they should rank on a QB pecking order.

Hadenough

Reaction score
He's a good player but Dak has outplayed him this season. Would anyone here straight up trade Dak for Hurts?
Problem with your comparison is your looking at Dak when he is throttling bad teams. Bad Dak is wayyyy worse than a bad Hurts.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Really who cares? We don't need to analyze these guys every year. Dak is having a better year this year and Hurts had a better year last year. Both these guys usually put up the same amount of points or close to it.

Prescott to me is more traditional and doesn't move as much. Hurts has mobility in his style of play. I don't compare him to Prescott but more a bigger younger Russell Wilson.

I love Dak and I'm happy with him especially when he's in rhythm with his receivers like now. He's going to throw for 300 yards this week, 2 or 3 touchdowns. That's a given. Hurts will probably throw 1 or 2 and run for another. It's going to be a fun game that I think, and I picked, us to win.
This competition started with Wentz and I think it's fair to say we won that. Wentz was the 2nd overall pick and our mid-round pick is still performing at a high level.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
And he's even more lucky that he's on a stacked team.

Philly has the 2nd rated OL in the NFL, and the 1st rated DL. They are rated as having the best trenches in the NFL. That, more than anything, is why Hurts wins.
Eagles' defense has given up the 24th most points in the league and they are the worst ranked defense at giving up 3rd downs in the entire league yet the team is 10-2 having beaten the Chiefs, Dolphins, Bills and Vikings.

There's no comparison as to who has been the best QB over the past two seasons. We will know the best QB by the end of this regular season as Hurts has some bad teams to massage his stats whilst Prescott faces the Bills, Dolphins and Lions after the Cowboys and Eagles have faced off against one another.

Prescott has played great against bad teams so it was pleasing to see how well he played against a better team in the Seahawks. But this month will be telling. The Eagles will be up for it, the Bills are desperate for wins to make the play offs whilst the Dolphins and Lions are competing for the #1 seed. Proper teams coming up so let's see how it plays out.

I think Purdy is fav for MVP as the 49ers only face one good team in the Ravens so he could dine out and jazz up his stats whilst the team finishes 14-3 and the number 1 seed.

If the Cowboys run the table and win out then Prescott will fully deserve MVP.