Can't convince me Hurts is better than Dak

Jarntt

Reaction score
Dak always been the better passer.
And this year in particular it isn't close. Hurts is way, way better with his legs. Dak is way better with his arm. I'm not one to say stats are the be all, end all, but they aren't even close. Dak dominates every passing stat.

Passing stats:
passing yards per game: Dak 270 (5th); Hurts 250 (14th)
YPA: Dak 7.9 (2nd); Hurts 7.4 (8th)
QB Rating: 108.3 (2nd); Hurts 93.8 (14th)
QBR: Dak 75.4 (2nd); Hurts 61.4 (8th)
TDs Dak 26 (1st); Hurts 19 (11th)
Interceptions: Dak 6; Hurts 10
Fumbles lost Dak 0; Hurts 3
Comp % Dak 70.1 (3rd); Hurts 66.5 (12th)
Sacks taken: Dak 26; Hurts 32

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/passingYardsPerGame/dir/desc

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
That's a silly rationalization though. Hurts lost the SB where he fumbled, but Dak is better because he was sitting on his couch when it happened?

Some of y'all have done checked out when it comes to being rational. You'll spin yourselves into knots to rationalize the Cowboys coming up short.
Dak is better because he is better.

Rational is not "he went farther in the playoffs so he is better." That's nonsense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak is better because he is better.

Rational is not "he went farther in the playoffs so he is better." That's nonsense.
Exactly. They do this for Dak for some reason. Anyone else they’d take the eye test for but go full silly when Dak is involved.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eagles' defense has given up the 24th most points in the league and they are the worst ranked defense at giving up 3rd downs in the entire league yet the team is 10-2 having beaten the Chiefs, Dolphins, Bills and Vikings.

There's no comparison as to who has been the best QB over the past two seasons. We will know the best QB by the end of this regular season as Hurts has some bad teams to massage his stats whilst Prescott faces the Bills, Dolphins and Lions after the Cowboys and Eagles have faced off against one another.

Prescott has played great against bad teams so it was pleasing to see how well he played against a better team in the Seahawks. But this month will be telling. The Eagles will be up for it, the Bills are desperate for wins to make the play offs whilst the Dolphins and Lions are competing for the #1 seed. Proper teams coming up so let's see how it plays out.

I think Purdy is fav for MVP as the 49ers only face one good team in the Ravens so he could dine out and jazz up his stats whilst the team finishes 14-3 and the number 1 seed.

If the Cowboys run the table and win out then Prescott will fully deserve MVP.
Hurts is not playing all that well in that stretch. He played good enough but did you see him in the Cowboys game and thought he was just unstoppable? You can argue in everyone of those wins Hurts got outplayed. I saw Mac Jones outplay him but he gets credit for the win lol.

CCBoy

Reaction score
grayscale photography of woman lighting cigarette

woman lighting cigarette​

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Seattle was a good performance and something he could build upon (but not exactly what im arguing, Seattle not a top defense and he had nearly 5 mins left.......but that's not taking anything away from the achievement).

Texas in 2022 ...really. This is the WHATABOUT(ism) argument that always happens with Dak (pro and anti). Its whether you want to use stats or advanced factors. Mid season against poorer teams Dak doesnt have to prove anything, its whether he can convert that in the play-offs that matters.
That's always been the story with Dak, from the moment he touched an NFL field, the "Yeah, but.....: His first ever pre-season game, "yeah but" there weren't any starter quality competition. Then after a few pre-season games, yeah but , wait until the regular season. Then after having some regular season success, yeah but wait until there's some tape on him. And it just kept going on from there and will, for some people keep going on. Some people just aren't willing to say he's a good QB without using the "yeah, but....." at the end of the sentence.

It always kinda reminded me of the old Bugs Bunny bit, the drawing and redrawing the line in the sand.

bugs-bunny-yosemite-sam.gif

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That's always been the story with Dak, from the moment he touched an NFL field, the "Yeah, but.....: His first ever pre-season game, "yeah but" there weren't any starter quality competition. Then after a few pre-season games, yeah but , wait until the regular season. Then after having some regular season success, yeah but wait until there's some tape on him. And it just kept going on from there and will, for some people keep going on. Some people just aren't willing to say he's a good QB without using the "yeah, but....." at the end of the sentence.

It always kinda reminded me of the old Bugs Bunny bit, the drawing and redrawing the line in the sand.

Yes, but who cares about whether he's a good QB.....I want to win....."yeah, but" argument, then gets turned on you.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Reminds me of a CAV soldier we named Yosemite Sam. Everytime we came out of the field, he got in a fight at a local bar.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Hurts is not playing all that well in that stretch. He played good enough but did you see him in the Cowboys game and thought he was just unstoppable? You can argue in everyone of those wins Hurts got outplayed. I saw Mac Jones outplay him but he gets credit for the win lol.
To be fair Hurts was playing against a better rated secondary.

Yep, Hurts gets outplayed, but somehow he gets the win.

Proof

Reaction score
Dumbest thread I’ve seen today..hurts in year 2 as starter took his team all the way to Super Bowl. In year 3, this year, he is 10-2. Bc he lost to the 49ers without both starting lb and his stats still were better than Daks against the sane 49ers who are healthy now. Would I trade for Hurts, maybe, but no I wouldn’t have either as both are hitting the salary cap limiting their teams from success and future signing. Obviously Dak either proves something this year or he’s gone. No more debates
you recall he had to win two games to get to the superbowl, yeah? the giants and the qbless 9ers. so those wins get credit, but losing to the 9ers doesnt because he was missing lbs? lol. in daks first year they lost 2 games (before resting everyone in the final week) and he went toe to toe with arod. so i'm not seeing the point of "well he's doing this in his second year" dak's clearly playing better, unequivocally. you can have the opinion you like, but disagreeing with something that objectively points to dak or has them very close to the point of calling it the dumbest thread is nonsense.

CCBoy

Reaction score
And this year in particular it isn't close. Hurts is way, way better with his legs. Dak is way better with his arm. I'm not one to say stats are the be all, end all, but they aren't even close. Dak dominates every passing stat.

Passing stats:
passing yards per game: Dak 270 (5th); Hurts 250 (14th)
YPA: Dak 7.9 (2nd); Hurts 7.4 (8th)
QB Rating: 108.3 (2nd); Hurts 93.8 (14th)
QBR: Dak 75.4 (2nd); Hurts 61.4 (8th)
TDs Dak 26 (1st); Hurts 19 (11th)
Interceptions: Dak 6; Hurts 10
Fumbles lost Dak 0; Hurts 3
Comp % Dak 70.1 (3rd); Hurts 66.5 (12th)
Sacks taken: Dak 26; Hurts 32

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/passingYardsPerGame/dir/desc
AI can't even reject facts.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's a silly rationalization though. Hurts lost the SB where he fumbled, but Dak is better because he was sitting on his couch when it happened?

Some of y'all have done checked out when it comes to being rational. You'll spin yourselves into knots to rationalize the Cowboys coming up short.
It's not about football for that poster...I learned that a long time ago.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
To be fair? Really? A Hurts apologist?
What because I dare to say that despite being outplayed Hurts still finds a way to win. So how does Dak fail to convert in those same scenario's (he comes up short "yeah, but....yeah,but) I am consistent in my (only real) concern with Dak, it's his frailty to execute that game winning TD drive, I dont think he plays well when the onus is on him.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Regular season accolades are all well and good but teams and QBs are measured by post season success

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
What because I dare to say that despite being outplayed Hurts still finds a way to win. So how does Dak fail to convert in those same scenario's (he comes up short "yeah, but....yeah,but) I am consistent in my (only real) concern with Dak, it's his frailty to execute that game winning TD drive, I dont think he plays well when the onus is on him.
Dak has 21 game winning drives........
It's OK, you've explained your position and we can draw our own conclusions.