Cap Hell?

Carson

Reaction score
According to Over the Cap, simply restructuring Dak's last year (because of the Void years built in), Martin, and Diggs gives them $22M+ in cap room. Then, if they extend CeeDee, that would probably drop his $17M+ cap hit down to $10M or less. So, they could EASILY have $30M in Cap Space for FA WITHOUT EXTENDING DAK. And, they would have $95M+ in '25 with 40 players signed.
Another $9.5 if Gallup is a post June 1st hit

Sandyf

Reaction score
Every team has dead money ever year, we aren't unique in it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Another $9.5 if Gallup is a post June 1st hit
I think they clear at least 45-55 with cuts.

Dak - 35 mill
Gallup - 9.5 mill
Cooks - 8 mill

That should leave us about 20 million in cap.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
We are going to be in cap hell if we keep these three. Parsons is going to want the world. Should we consider trading Prescott, Parsons and Lamb? Can we get a first round pick for Prescott and Lamb and maybe two for Parsons? Take a QB with best pick. Take a LB & OL with the next 2.

There is going to be a lot of turnover on this team and a lot of bargain basement signings to fill holes. I think people are going to be in for a rude awakening this offseason.

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if this team is .500 or below this season and misses the playoffs. This season could be an epic implosion.

I don’t think we see extensions for 88 and 11 yet. I think they make things comfortable for bubble wrap first before they decide what to do with 88. I can see them jettisoning 88 if he’s a “problem” (as people here have pointed out that he’s a diva and a quitter) for bubble wrap. They’ve moved on from talented WR’s before. 30 million a year they can save and give to bubble wrap.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I dont think that is correct man.

Dudes are gonna get cut.

There is going to be a lot of turnover of this roster imo. We will see how it plays out, but I don’t see Dallas being big players in the first wave of FA that’s for sure.

Gambit

Reaction score
According to Over the Cap, simply restructuring Dak's last year (because of the Void years built in), Martin, and Diggs gives them $22M+ in cap room. Then, if they extend CeeDee, that would probably drop his $17M+ cap hit down to $10M or less. So, they could EASILY have $30M in Cap Space for FA WITHOUT EXTENDING DAK. And, they would have $95M+ in '25 with 40 players signed.
Another 9.5 post June 1st cut for Gallup.

This notion we can't sign players we need is silly

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Tell me you don't understand the salary cap without saying you don't understand the salary cap.
There is cap restraints. Teams restructure, and push/spread out the salaries over a number of years instead of only a few years. Then when you have $100 million dead money It's kind of hell you're paying for contracts of players that are retired, or not on the team anymore, and that takes money away from the team.. It does get teams sooner or later, and you'll have to field a lesser quality team like Philadelphia last year with all their dead money they couldn't have the depth, and quality that they had the year before because of the 60 million 80 million dead money? I don't know the exact number but it was by far greater than ours and they paid for it.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
We are going to be in cap hell if we keep these three. Parsons is going to want the world. Should we consider trading Prescott, Parsons and Lamb? Can we get a first round pick for Prescott and Lamb and maybe two for Parsons? Take a QB with best pick. Take a LB & OL with the next 2.
Funny how people that have no clue about the cap and how it works keep posting that we have no money or will be in cap hell. It's a complete fallacy.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think Gallup is gonna get cut for sure. That saves 9.x million.
Only post June 1.

Which means that don't actually get that cap savings until June 1. So they are going to have to create 9.5MM of cap space somewhere else if they want to use it early in FA.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think they clear at least 45-55 with cuts.

Dak - 35 mill
Gallup - 9.5 mill
Cooks - 8 mill

That should leave us about 20 million in cap.
These are all June 1 cut figures. It doesn't help you get under the cap by the required early offseason deadline.

Teams will have to be cap compliant, first, by around mid-March (it was March 15th, last year). June 1 cap savings don't actually come off the cap until June 1, therefore you couldn't technically cut Dak, designate him a June 1 cut on March 1 and use the $34MM in cap savings to be cap compliant by mid-March deadline.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Technically there is not cap hell.

All situations are different. saints have continued pushing it and are against the wall now.

We simply resign Dak and restructure Martin and Diggs and have over $25 million in space
To spend on our own guys!!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The Pats were annually over the cap for years and years. Yet, they managed every year just about to sign top free agents (Randy Moss, e.g.) to keep the team in contention.

Question is, does Jerry understand how to do it? And does Jerry know how what are good free agent signings and which are not?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Other teams are cognizant of the salary cap, and some are in their own “hell”. That’s what makes 1st and 2nd round draft choices more valuable than ever. Trades like the Browns and Broncos executed for Watson and Wilson are not going to be happening again. Those have not worked out well and no owner and/or GM is going to consider a similar blunder.

John813

Reaction score
I dont think that is correct man.

Dudes are gonna get cut.
Guys who would get cut, would be cut regardless.

Someone like Gallup, who could get the axe, is due to his performace vs his cap hit.

If he was still a #2, he would be restructured again as needed.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think Gallup is gonna get cut for sure. That saves 9.x million.
Agree completely! Giving out bad contracts makes it harder to field a championship team. Every year their are Top FA’s we never even look at because we have over paid other players.