Cap Hell?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are going to be in cap hell if we keep these three. Parsons is going to want the world. Should we consider trading Prescott, Parsons and Lamb? Can we get a first round pick for Prescott and Lamb and maybe two for Parsons? Take a QB with best pick. Take a LB & OL with the next 2.
Don't listen to the THERE IS NO CAP crowd.
It's a fantasy and teams live and die according to how well they manage it.
Yes, you can make adjustments but sooner or later you are going to have to pay the piper.
No way if we want to compete can we sign Daktrash, CD, and Micah?
The keyword with the above is "Compete".........The End.

cowboybish

Reaction score
We should be looking at trading any of our high priced or soon to be high priced players and see what picks we could assemble before this years draft. If we could come away with 4 1sts and a couple 2nds along with our own picks we would be saving huge money and we could easily use the $$$ for some top tier FA's as well as some of the best players in the years draft including a QB for the future. We may bomb in 2024 but we have the future and in 2025 we may have the opportunity for a new HC and staff.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
In a league with a salary cap each team is allowed to spend the same amount every year. The teams that gets the most value out of the money they spend will better than the teams that get little value for the same amount. I know that this sounds stupidly simple and it seems like it has no value to state but when you read the posts in this thread I feel like it needed to be said.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Good teams spend their cap dollars on good football players. Jerry spends his on magic beans.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should be looking at trading any of our high priced or soon to be high priced players and see what picks we could assemble before this years draft. If we could come away with 4 1sts and a couple 2nds along with our own picks we would be saving huge money and we could easily use the $$$ for some top tier FA's as well as some of the best players in the years draft including a QB for the future. We may bomb in 2024 but we have the future and in 2025 we may have the opportunity for a new HC and staff.
Agreed but with Jerry at the helm do you think anything of the above will occur?
This guy runs the team off the cuff when he has time that is due to his other investments.
Heck even his Son can't handle a trade call in the war room.
29 years of misery don't come easy.
No HOPE .............ZERO...........NADA............just some good Wild Turkey and laughter. :facepalm:
P.S. For special games the Wild Turkey has my name on it.............for you bourbon drinkers out there!
1200px-Pappy_Van_Winkle.JPG

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Jerry wants to write the next great American novel but he refuses to learn how to read. If I did something this poorly for almost 30 years I think I would just end it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We are going to be in cap hell if we keep these three. Parsons is going to want the world. Should we consider trading Prescott, Parsons and Lamb? Can we get a first round pick for Prescott and Lamb and maybe two for Parsons? Take a QB with best pick. Take a LB & OL with the next 2.
I would trade them all for a new GM.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Biggest scam the devils ever pulled

NFL owners create salary cap to protect their own money
NFL owners pretend to be hampered by cap they created
NFL owners convince dumb fans that players are the ones who are selfish
NFL owners convince dumb fans that they should blame players if they do not take team friendly deals
NFL owners get more money and laugh

Jerry Jones goes from 950 million in 1997 to 14.8 billion today, after 27 years of failure.

And dumb fans still blame the players salaries.

MyFairLady

Reaction score

NFL owners convince dumb fans that they should blame players if they do not take team friendly deals

Jerry Jones goes from 950 million in 1997 to 14.8 billion today, after 27 years of failure.

Not sure where this is coming from but I will give you my perspective. I do not care what the salary cap is. It could be a trillion dollars. I do not care what percent the players get and what percent the owners get. I do not care what a players salary is. Dak can sign for 2 billion makes no difference to me. I do care about what percentage of the salary cap a player consumes. Are they good value or are the poor value. Do they contribute to team success or do they hold the team back. I am pretty sure that is what most fans care about. At least that is what I care about. If I complain about Dak being the 40 million dollar man it is because it is just easier to say than Dak the 17.5 percent of our salary cap man.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

The smart teams that understand how the cap works are your teams in the SB every year.
Money is irrelevant and the first thing everyone pays attention to but term and contracts are very much just as relevant.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure where this is coming from but I will give you my perspective. I do not care what the salary cap is. It could be a trillion dollars. I do not care what percent the players get and what percent the owners get. I do not care what a players salary is. Dak can sign for 2 billion makes no difference to me. I do care about what percentage of the salary cap a player consumes. Are they good value or are the poor value. Do they contribute to team success or do they hold the team back. I am pretty sure that is what most fans care about. At least that is what I care about. If I complain about Dak being the 40 million dollar man it is because it is just easier to say than Dak the 17.5 percent of our salary cap man.
The owners control the salary cap is where this is coming from.

And Jerry had cheap QB's on his rosters Dak for 4 years and Romo for 6 ......... and still did nothing to build a team around them.

Because making money is more important to some of these greedy blood sucking owners than winning football games ........ with our Owner being the main one ........ 900million to 14.8 billion

MikeT22

Reaction score
DRAFT A REAL QB FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 35 FLIPPIN YEARS!
Yep, but as been said, Jerry is comfortable with just being relevant. And more importantly, he isn’t a real GM and he knows it. His idea of finding a QB is to try and get lucky with a project like Drew Henson and Chad Hutchinson or wanting to draft guys like Johnny Football and Paxton Lynch.

He doesn’t have a clue and also doesn’t want the posssible growing pains with a new drafted QB. He doesn’t want to risk having a down year when he can trot out Dak and have a winning regular season even if he can’t advance in the playoffs.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Cap problems were not the Eagles' issue last year.
When you have 60 something million dollars you can't use to improve your roster it's a problem, a big problem. They had nothing in the back 7 of their defense, and they couldn't do much about it. We hear how wonderful their GM is that he sold out last year for their Super Bowl year the year before. I wish we would take chances like that, but it comes with a price, and that price came due with this year's roster.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The Pats were annually over the cap for years and years. Yet, they managed every year just about to sign top free agents (Randy Moss, e.g.) to keep the team in contention.
The exception that proves the rule.
A favorite to win the SB has an easier time signing top free agents.

We're a favorite to have a good season and choke big in the playoffs.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I see the Cap Deniers are out in force.
The Cap and Draft picks are the resources available to the team to acquire and keep talent. Neither are infinite. Math is math.
Teams all manage to get under the cap because they *have to*, not because the cap does not exist.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When you have 60 something million dollars you can't use to improve your roster it's a problem, a big problem. They had nothing in the back 7 of their defense, and they couldn't do much about it. We hear how wonderful their GM is that he sold out last year for their Super Bowl year the year before. I wish we would take chances like that, but it comes with a price, and that price came due with this year's roster.
"There are no solutions, only trade-offs."
-- Thomas Sowell

Particularly true when it comes to the cap.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I see the Cap Deniers are out in force.
The Cap and Draft picks are the resources available to the team to acquire and keep talent. Neither are infinite. Math is math.
Teams all manage to get under the cap because they *have to*, not because the cap does not exist.
cutting DLaw post June 1 saves 10 million

Dak of course saves 34 million

Gallup saves 9.5 million

Cap problems solved.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
cutting DLaw post June 1 saves 10 million

Dak of course saves 34 million

Gallup saves 9.5 million

Cap problems solved.
Yeah, cap isn't a problem if all you want to do is cut players and get worse. Most cap deniers want to *add* players and think they can do that in unlimited fashion.