Cap Hell?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The salary cap is real. "Cap Hell" exists. Dead money results in fewer salary cap dollars available.
Yes- restructures can kick the can down the road.
Yes- the salary cap increases over time.
None of that changes the fact that every team has limited salary cap dollars.
The idea that "Cap Hell" is a myth or does not exist is one of the dumbest ideas ever. Sure, you can restructure Dak, sign Parsons to a record deal, etc..., but don't pretend that doesn't limit available cap dollars in the future- no matter how much the cap increases.
Logic!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Funny how people that have no clue about the cap and how it works keep posting that we have no money or will be in cap hell. It's a complete fallacy.
And we hear that nearly every year, and it never happens. When will people learn.

Jerry and Stephen may not be cap gurus, but they know that restructuring pushes money into the future, etc. and that the bill will come due sooner or later.
They allow for that to happen, at least to some degree....

rambo2

Reaction score
We are going to be in cap hell if we keep these three. Parsons is going to want the world. Should we consider trading Prescott, Parsons and Lamb? Can we get a first round pick for Prescott and Lamb and maybe two for Parsons? Take a QB with best pick. Take a LB & OL with the next 2.
They are not in cap hell if they keep them. They are in cap hell if they don't extend them to create space.

Flamma

Reaction score
I guess we could trade Parsons to Chicago for their first pick. But that's only if they're sticking with Fields.

I don't watch college football, who's the better QB, Williams or Maye?

Carson

Reaction score
I guess we could trade Parsons to Chicago for their first pick. But that's only if they're sticking with Fields.

I don't watch college football, who's the better QB, Williams or Maye?
Williams

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Wrong. Smart teams know how to get around the Cap. OH... :facepalm: ...Don't include Dallas

AbeBeta

Reaction score
There is cap restraints. Teams restructure, and push/spread out the salaries over a number of years instead of only a few years. Then when you have $100 million dead money It's kind of hell you're paying for contracts of players that are retired, or not on the team anymore, and that takes money away from the team.. It does get teams sooner or later, and you'll have to field a lesser quality team like Philadelphia last year with all their dead money they couldn't have the depth, and quality that they had the year before because of the 60 million 80 million dead money? I don't know the exact number but it was by far greater than ours and they paid for it.
Cap problems were not the Eagles' issue last year.

birdwells1

Reaction score
We are going to be in cap hell if we keep these three. Parsons is going to want the world. Should we consider trading Prescott, Parsons and Lamb? Can we get a first round pick for Prescott and Lamb and maybe two for Parsons? Take a QB with best pick. Take a LB & OL with the next 2.
Stephen and Jerry have succeeded I see.

shabazz

Reaction score
I really wish people would understand this and wring hands less
Maybe Jerry should understand this so he'd sign free agents in their actual primes like the Niners, Lions, and Eagles do instead of signing guys AFTER their primes like Hankins, Cooks, and Gilmore...their best days are clearly behind them

Gambit

Reaction score
Maybe Jerry should understand this so he'd sign free agents in their actual primes like the Niners, Lions, and Eagles do instead of signing guys AFTER their primes like Hankins, Cooks, and Gilmore...their best days are clearly behind them
Well that's a horse of another color

shabazz

Reaction score
Well that's a horse of another color
Well the million dollar question is, if the cap is a myth, why does the FO shop bargain basement during an "all in year"?

This is what has frustrated alot of our fans.

Gambit

Reaction score
Well the million dollar question is, if the cap is a myth, why does the FO shop bargain basement during an "all in year"?

This is what has frustrated alot of our fans.
I'm not aware on any bargain basement shopping nor a FA period this year.

I've been I'll and slept a lot, but I'm fairly confident it's still February.

I do not recall Jerry or Stephen saying last year they were going all in. Just this year, and it was never really explained what Jerry is talking about.

I'm frustrated too, but I'm trying to not let that overshadow just enjoying the game of football.

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm not aware on any bargain basement shopping nor a FA period this year.

I've been I'll and slept a lot, but I'm fairly confident it's still February.

I do not recall Jerry or Stephen saying last year they were going all in. Just this year, and it was never really explained what Jerry is talking about.

I'm frustrated too, but I'm trying to not let that overshadow just enjoying the game of football.
2 seasons ago we were all in and lacked a #2 receiver almost all year until we signed TY Hilton off the couch

Last season we were all in and never upgraded the RB position even though Pollard was ineffective and the run game was anemic.

Next season the FO will duplicate the same methodology and expect different results.

As far as enjoying football, I look forward to watching playoff football where the best front offices, coaches and players show us what excellence looks like.

Football is WAY bigger than the Cowboys for some of us.