Twitter: Captain workouts underway at the Star

Motorola

Reaction score
The off season is a great time to build relationships and trust....good for them!!
Does anybody know if the draft prospects that are visiting the Star get to observe and / or interact with Cowboys players around these "captain workouts"?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Seriously, does anyone really care that the SLOTH is out throwing to the receivers that he didn't run off or get traded????????????
200.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s not part of their jobs but you know that
How often do you do your job off the clock because that’s basically what they are doing
Again...we must see "commitment" and "leadership" differently.

I happen to think it's NOT pats on the butt and new shoes. I think it's doing things when you don't have to.

Yes...I do work "off the clock" or not in my responsibilities.

I expect pro athletes...ESPECIALLY ones with a "leader" label...and captains...to be on it....to do things "not required". It's what defines leadership.

You may see it differently...fine. I am just sharing my perspective.

conner01

Reaction score
Again...we must see "commitment" and "leadership" differently.

I happen to think it's NOT pats on the butt and new shoes. I think it's doing things when you don't have to.

Yes...I do work "off the clock" or not in my responsibilities.

I expect pro athletes...ESPECIALLY ones with a "leader" label...and captains...to be on it....to do things "not required". It's what defines leadership.

You may see it differently...fine. I am just sharing my perspective.
They are there doing exactly what you ask and you complain

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've had that damned Grand Funk song in my head for two days now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seriously, does anyone really care that the SLOTH is out throwing to the receivers that he didn't run off or get traded????????????

Yes I do, I want to see this team putting in the work and time. Your solution? what he is supposed to sit there and pout and cry? Really how stupid can you get? If it makes you feel better these players are not out there working for you. But yes I love seeing effort as this team tries to build off last season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.
Made up bulloney. Creating drama and rift where none exists.

Nobody is damning them for doing this. Some people seem to be more impressed than others. What's the big deal?

I'm glad they are doing it. Glad it's being reported. It's all the news we can get this time of year. Me...I expect nothing less from "leaders" and captains.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Made up bulloney. Creating drama and rift where none exists.

By the people downplaying it and mocking it? Yeah. Absolutely.

Nobody is damning them for doing this. Some people seem to be more impressed than others. What's the big deal?

Go through the thread AGAIN. As many times as you need to until it registers for you.

I'm glad they are doing it. Glad it's being reported. It's all the news we can get this time of year. Me...I expect nothing less from "leaders" and captains.

As am I, so I don’t know what you’re trying to argue with me about? This is a good thing.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
In the 70's in Ohio, the high school football coach as extra workouts Got the OL & DL summer jobs, or spring jobs, baling hay and other work at local farms.
Made them stronger. Maybe it was a midwestern thing, which was why the Big 10 had a lot of trench players go to the NFL.
Just a theory.
The New Yorker in me says it was about cheap labor and the coach getting a cut. ;)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The New Yorker in me says it was about cheap labor and the coach getting a cut. ;)

Could have been.
Not sure how much it helped though.
During my Junior High and High School years, the High School teams were ok, usually had a winning record, winning the division, getting to the local playoffs.
Then like the Cowboys, one and done or a win, then lose.

I think one year they made it to the regional and got bounced by a Cincinnati high school.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By the people downplaying it and mocking it? Yeah. Absolutely.

Go through the thread AGAIN. As many times as you need to until it registers for you.

As am I, so I don’t know what you’re trying to argue with me about? This is a good thing.

LOL why so sensitive? Oooh...people aren't making a big deal about it..>DAMNING!

Jeeze.

Like Connor01 saying I "complain"...when I had ZERO complaints about the workouts. He doesn't even know what he talking about.

My "argument" isn't against the workouts. My "argument" would be acting like this is our ticket to super bowl, or this is some kind of unprecedented achievement, or "complaining": about the people not responding as if this is some unprecedented heroic achievement.

They are just workouts that, in my opinion...EVERYONE should be doing. That's it...if we don't agree on it...fine.