Careful what you ask for

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I'll say this about those who did want the Cowboys to go after Newton and saying he more athletic and a better passer. Well most of Newton's career he's had a completion percentage in the 50's where as Prescotts 62.8. Newton's best is 67.5 and had on other year where he was at 60 but seven years in the 50's. Newton had 1 season where he 1 less picks that Prescott's worst year and all the rest he's had more with the worst being 17 with only 21 TD's. Gee I don't think that's a better passer.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Jim McMahon acted like a clown in practice and won a Superbowl, nobody said anything... John Riggins acted like a clown in practice and won a couple Superbowls, nobody said anything... Gronk acted like a clown in practice and won a couple Superbowls, nobody said anything...

Hmmmm......

How many Super Bowls does Newton have?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How many Super Bowls does Newton have?
I can’t stand Cam. Would not want him here. But when we start discussing success , he has one more NFC Championship and Super Bowl appearance than anyone we’ve had in last 25 years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jim McMahon acted like a clown in practice and won a Superbowl, nobody said anything... John Riggins acted like a clown in practice and won a couple Superbowls, nobody said anything... Gronk acted like a clown in practice and won a couple Superbowls, nobody said anything...

Hmmmm......

Now we have changed the discussion to non QBs.

Cam is a clown.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Ale

Alex Smith is better than Cam?????

First of all, Alex Smith never sniffed a Superbowl.... Cam led his team to one.

Alex Smith is so good, he got his job snatched by Kaepernick and Kaepernick took the SAME team to the Superbowl that Alex Smith had to work with and couldn't.

Case closed, end of story. Thanks for the laugh though!!! I needed that!!

Cam is a below average QB with mediocre stats his whole career except for 1 year. 1 year does not make him a great Qb. He has passed for over 60% completions 2 years over his whole career. He is in-accurate and streaky and could never be relied on. Yes he had a great year - whoopie!

Career QB rating under 90 and over 90 only 2 years of his career.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I can’t stand Cam. Would not want him here. But when we start discussing success , he has one more NFC Championship and Super Bowl appearance than anyone we’ve had in last 25 years.

And the panthers had a really good defense that year also. Again someone else that equates wins and losses on the QB instead of an entire team.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll say this about those who did want the Cowboys to go after Newton and saying he more athletic and a better passer. Well most of Newton's career he's had a completion percentage in the 50's where as Prescotts 62.8. Newton's best is 67.5 and had on other year where he was at 60 but seven years in the 50's. Newton had 1 season where he 1 less picks that Prescott's worst year and all the rest he's had more with the worst being 17 with only 21 TD's. Gee I don't think that's a better passer.
I'm not a fan of Cam, and to be honest, I haven't watched a lot of Panthers games. How were the offensive pieces around him, other than RB?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And the panthers had a really good defense that year also. Again someone else that equates wins and losses on the QB instead of an entire team.
He was MVP that year. Yea, I’d give the QB much accolades for their success that year like we would any QB winning MVP.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
He was MVP that year. Yea, I’d give the QB much accolades for their success that year like we would any QB winning MVP.

Yes it is true that Newton was the NVP but funny how he also had 10 other guys on offense and 11 on defense and 11 more on special teams too. Also he got MVP with a 59.8 completion percentage. A big reason he got MVP was the panthers surprised many with their success and like all to often the QB ends up getting it. Another reason was all of the rushing TD's scored. Yes he was the MVP but they panthers got to the Super Bowl because of the play by the team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Again.... when is Dak and other super serious QBs who don't dance in practice or who haven't been to a Superbowl going to lead us to a Superbowl like the "clown" Cam did???

It also takes a head coach to destroy a team too.... and especially at a even MORE IMPORTANT position than the QB. He and Cam both left the Panthers at the same time....

Comprende?
Rivera didn't leave the Panthers. He was fired during the 2019 season. Cam demanded a trade but no team was willing to trade for him, so he was released.

Jerry finally brought in a new real and proven head coach, along with correctly keeping Dak.

Yes, I'll take Dak any day of the week over sCam Newton. Go follow another team if you don't like what is going on in Dallas.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You have become Dak-Nuts.
No matter what you post about Dak the cat is out of the bag and ya not even Jerry is buying your nonsense.
Answer us the following....when Dak hits the road come the spring will you follow him to his new team?
Will you continue to breath? :muttley:
Spare us troll and just disappear.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes it is true that Newton was the NVP but funny how he also had 10 other guys on offense and 11 on defense and 11 more on special teams too. Also he got MVP with a 59.8 completion percentage. A big reason he got MVP was the panthers surprised many with their success and like all to often the QB ends up getting it. Another reason was all of the rushing TD's scored. Yes he was the MVP but they panthers got to the Super Bowl because of the play by the team.
I’m not discounting the importance of the team. I’m just touting the MVP.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Rivera didn't leave the Panthers. He was fired during the 2019 season. Cam demanded a trade but no team was willing to trade for him, so he was released.

Jerry finally brought in a new real and proven head coach, along with correctly keeping Dak.

Yes, I'll take Dak any day of the week over sCam Newton. Go follow another team if you don't like what is going on in Dallas.
I’d take Dak over Cam now too.

But I’ve hated what Jerry and Cowboys have been doing for 25 years. Not sure why I’d abandon my local team though? Is that what some fans do if they’re not happy?

That would sure explain all of these Internet fans from everywhere. Lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I’d take Dak over Cam now too.

But I’ve hated what Jerry and Cowboys have been doing for 25 years. Not sure why I’d abandon my local team though? Is that what some fans do if they’re not happy?

That would sure explain all of these Internet fans from everywhere. Lol
Oh, I would never abandon my team (Cowboys) either, no matter the roller coaster ride Jerry has taken us on. Sure, there have been some bad decisions made that have contributed to bad years, but there also have been some good decisions made that have led to good seasons. Sure, the Cowboys have yet to reach an NFC Championship Game in 24 years, much less a Super Bowl, but there have been some good years to watch.

All I'm saying is if you've been unhappy for 24+ years with this team and ownership, and if you are still unhappy with their decision making to this day, why are you still following this team? What a sad way to live life.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh, I would never abandon my team (Cowboys) either, no matter the roller coaster ride Jerry has taken us on. Sure, there have been some bad decisions made that have contributed to bad years, but there also have been some good decisions made that have led to good seasons. Sure, the Cowboys have yet to reach an NFC Championship Game in 24 years, much less a Super Bowl, but there have been some good years to watch.

All I'm saying is if you've been unhappy for 24+ years with this team and ownership, and if you are still unhappy with their decision making to this day, why are you still following this team? What a sad way to live life.
It’s all perspective. I have followed my Alma Mater for over 50 years of mostly poor decisions. 25 years seems small in comparison.

You don’t abandon anymore than you’d abandon a family member who you don’t like their decision making. You just follow with Apathy more from a distance with less emotion attached and lower expectations.

Winning just makes it more fun. For 60 minutes each week I can enjoy the spirit of the competition .

Last edited:

Swanny

Reaction score
Some fans wanted to bring in this free agent QB while getting rid of Dak back on July 15th, 2020 when Dak and the Cowboys were unable to come to an agreement over a contract extension. I remember reading how some said Cam would be cheaper, more athletic, supposedly a better passer and a better leader. How lucky we are Jerry, Stephen, Coach McCarthy and the Cowboys disagree and know better.

Watch Julian Edelman in the background staring at sCam Newton act like a clown while everyone else is taking things seriously during Patriots practice. What do you think Edelman is thinking? It's got to be painful for him knowing his old legit leader and the GOAT in Tom Brady is no longer there but instead now have this.

Edelman, the Patriots and all of their fans are stuck with this......clown.

Careful what you wish for. It might come back and seriously bite you on the bottom.

PS: So glad we've got a natural born leader in Dak who takes the game seriously.

I don't like Cam but I see no issues on the video in the post

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fine, if you're happy fine. He had ONE good season out of 9 and lack luster seasons for the rest.
Wouldn’t we have sold our souls for that NFC championship and Super Bowl appearance ?

More to hang our hat on than anything we’ve done in the last 25 years. Just saying...