Careful what you ask for

kskboys

Reaction score
Ale

Alex Smith is better than Cam?????

First of all, Alex Smith never sniffed a Superbowl.... Cam led his team to one.

Alex Smith is so good, he got his job snatched by Kaepernick and Kaepernick took the SAME team to the Superbowl that Alex Smith had to work with and couldn't.

Case closed, end of story. Thanks for the laugh though!!! I needed that!!
Career wise, yes, Smith was/is better.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It will be weird not seeing Brady in NE, but I think Cam is going to do well for them!

Newton has had ONE good season in NINE seasons. A lot of what helped him get signed to an additional contract was because he was the 1st pick in the draft and the panthers didn't want to appear like the raiders and cut the QB they took with the 1st pick JaMarcus Russell. When they finally had enough of him they couldn't find anyone that would trade for him so they cut him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Newton has had ONE good season in NINE seasons. A lot of what helped him get signed to an additional contract was because he was the 1st pick in the draft and the panthers didn't want to appear like the raiders and cut the QB they took with the 1st pick JaMarcus Russell. When they finally had enough of him they couldn't find anyone that would trade for him so they cut him.
He had one great season going to Super Bowl and several average to slightly above average seasons including 3-4 playoff record, 3 Pro Bowls and a MVP.

And they released him cause new HC wanted to go in a different direction bringing his own guy in.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00.htm

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Amazing how fans misread a post. How did you come away with that thought ?

I’m comparing Bill overcoming losing Brady with Cassel to overcoming losing Brady with Newton.
Doh! I misread. This is what happens when I have 5+ people messaging or texting me while I'm trying to type. Grrr. Sorry.

I agree with you by the way.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Doh! I misread. This is what happens when I have 5+ people messaging or texting me while I'm trying to type. Grrr. Sorry.

I agree with you by the way.
Ok

As a matter of fact I think I might like Bills chances better with Cam than Cassel.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can’t stand Cam. Would never want a personality like him on my team.

But if there was any team and HC who could make the most of his talent and ability , where do you think that would be?

I’d say Bill and the Patriots with both something to prove .

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
He had one great season going to Super Bowl and several average to slightly above average seasons including 3-4 playoff record, 3 Pro Bowls and a MVP.

And they released him cause new HC wanted to go in a different direction bringing his own guy in.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NewtCa00.htm

If a QB is good the new coach embarrasses that because that is one position, the toughest position he doesn't have to replace. Oh and 2 of those pro bowls he was an alternate because one year Eli Manning went to the Super Bowl and the other year Russell Wilson went to the Super Bowl so it's not like he was a first choice. Oh and both years there were other QB's that would have been selected but were injured so he wasn't even the 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If a QB is good the new coach embarrasses that because that is one position, the toughest position he doesn't have to replace. Oh and 2 of those pro bowls he was an alternate because one year Eli Manning went to the Super Bowl and the other year Russell Wilson went to the Super Bowl so it's not like he was a first choice. Oh and both years there were other QB's that would have been selected but were injured so he wasn't even the 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice.
Sounds like how Dak has been to Pro Bowl.

I didn’t say he was a 1st or 2nd choice. The Pro Bowl is what it is.

I like Panthers new HC. And I think a good move releasing Cam.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
On that we agree on.
I try not to let my emotions influence my evaluation. My motto is to separate heart from your mind . Which some fans are unable to do. And how I can love my team while being a harsh critic of its moving parts.

Not many personalities I can’t stand in the league more than Cam but not a reason to bash his talent , ability and performance.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I try not to let my emotions influence my evaluation. My motto is to separate heart from your mind . Which some fans are unable to do. And how I can love my team while being a harsh critic of its moving parts.

Not many personalities I can’t stand in the league more than Cam but not a reason to bash his talent , ability and performance.

I too don't like Newton and there's no way you or anyone else will every convince me that he as an entire career thus far lived up to being the 1st player taken in a draft. His numbers just don't support that.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Did you just make a thread bashing Cam Newton because he was having a good time during practice? You made a whole thread, on a Cowboys forum for this fantasy? You felt so strongly that you HAD to feel superior to anyone who wanted Newton, and that Cam is a genuinely bad person for dancing at practice, that you made this trash post about it.

Some of yall have lost your damn minds during the pandemic.