Careful what you ask for

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Spanning his eight NFL seasons of starting three or more games for Carolina, Newton led the Panthers to playoff appearances in four separate years with a 3-4 postseason record to show for it. That includes Carolina's run to Super Bowl 50 in the 2015 season, when the Panthers lost to Peyton Manning's Denver Broncos, 24-10.

Newton's three playoff victories probably don't look like much at first glance,
but they are actually more than all but nine starting starting QBs can claim heading into the 2020 NFL season. That's a list that includes the likes of Jared Goff (2), Kirk Cousins (1), Dak Prescott (1) and none other than Newton's very own replacement in Carolina: Teddy Bridgewater (0).

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/pos...qbs-heading-into-2020-nfl-season-01e8wfq822rt

I really hate taking this fools side cause I can’t stand him but he’s being unfairly bashed based on his record in comparison.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Put up with his clowning around in practice. As I understand it, Belichick is very serious minded. Not too sure he'll tolerate it. I guess we'll see.
I'm sure as long as he's not being a distraction, and he's learning what Bill wants him to learn, Bill probably doesn't care.

Big_D

Reaction score
They're raving about him in camp and Billichick is liking what he's seeing. Funny how someone can take a 30 second clip and sum up a player. lol That's the internet planet we live in. If he's doing this on game day while the team is down by a few TDs late in a game, then they have a problem. But this right here is no big deal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They're raving about him in camp and Billichick is liking what he's seeing. Funny how someone can take a 30 second clip and sum up a player. lol That's the internet planet we live in. If he's doing this on game day while the team is down by a few TDs late in a game, then they have a problem. But this right here is no big deal.
It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see Cams career revived in New England with Bill.

Plankton

Reaction score
yahoo-locals.gif

Footloose reference - well played

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it didn’t take Can in year 3, a week to throw a TD in training camp or there were there a bunch of excuses about Cam not practicing well, while there were plenty for Dak...

Plankton

Reaction score
I’ve never understood why people call Cam “sCam”. How exactly is he scamming people? Has he been charged with credit card theft?

When he was at Florida, he was busted for stealing a laptop computer. That's why he went to JC, and then to Auburn.

khiladi

Reaction score
Even though he’s a clown, Cam had major shoulder issues that put an end to his first season with Norv. That’s why nobody was willing to trade for him. Dak has a “shoulder issue” and blows a game to the Eagles with third-string defense and there are sorts of excuses for this bum.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When he was at Florida, he was busted for stealing a laptop computer. That's why he went to JC, and then to Auburn.
That's where the nickname comes from? It's even stupider than I thought. At least if they thought he was scamming his way into a team it would make sense. But stealing and scamming are two separate things.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Wouldn’t we have sold our souls for that NFC championship and Super Bowl appearance ?

More to hang our hat on than anything we’ve done in the last 25 years. Just saying...

You might but most people don't do a lot of bragging about losing a Super Bowl. They might if they're arguing with someone who's team has never gone to the Super Bowl.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
I will go with the New England Patriots decisions as to personnel decisions, Six Super Bowls says alot.